R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #991
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Also, didn't Mark Green have a ton of bumps at a TC worlds once?
Yups. 2004 TC nitro worlds in Brazil. From what I remember, he was in the lower mains in the morning racing in wet conditions because of the rain and bumped all the way into the semi's for the next day.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #992
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A nice afternoon rain in Florida
Attached Thumbnails
2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami-wcphoto.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #993
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Hara is a legend on the sticks but man that haircut is a shocker!
Hara always makes me wonder...

Yokomo / Hobbywing / JConcepts / A Main Performance Hobbies / Solaris Racing Products / ProTek RC / Schelle / Boom RC / TNP (TopNotchPaints)
Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #994
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I would like to discuss about HARA situation...I know he run this WC 1/8th for fun (Really, I think he run it just the hack of it...because he is HARA, and HE CAN). Now...we don't see MUGEN DECAL on his Mugen (car body for example, HB all over it, along with ABEC35 and PF, still no mugen) nor anywhere near his shirt. He is not officially sponsored by Mugen nor HB alllow that happen. What if he did WIN the WC....I know, ppl will say HARA is the world champ, but what about Mugen, what can Mugen get? Or what can Mugen say..?

Is there any past WC in any high level RC racing that is won by a driver but his chassis is not officially sponsored that driver..? Please don't flame on me...I just find this interesting to see a driver like him with a situation like that.

Also, this might be the plan for HB...new 1/8th on road from HB, possible.....
or he could run the old HPI proceed...
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #995
Tech Fanatic

I know the race is not over yet but I like to say thank you to Larry and the other Homestead RC crew for there hard work in keeping facilty clean and all there other duties. Great job guys
I have Byron fuel 16, 20, 25 & 30
Old 04-13-2011, 09:53 PM   #996
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Yups. 2004 TC nitro worlds in Brazil. From what I remember, he was in the lower mains in the morning racing in wet conditions because of the rain and bumped all the way into the semi's for the next day.
Yes Mark Green went from the lowest final to the A main....well at leat i am 95% sure thats what they said in the dvd.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Old 04-13-2011, 10:40 PM   #997
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFowler View Post
A nice afternoon rain in Florida
WOW that sucks!!! tomorrow ill stop by with my boat.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #998
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Because there have been some rumors.

Here is some info on what went down.

For what its worth, and to help keep the story strait.

""Josh Cyrul I have never used tire additive in 1/8 EVER until the very last practice run at this WC. I ran 2 different sets of tires in that practice run where 1 was sauced with SXT 3.0 and the other was not. The test was to see how the denatured alcohol that IFMAR was spraying on the tire actually effected the performance of the tires. You can see the lap time difference in my run as the 1st set was the sauced tires and the 2nd was un-sauced (tire change at 4 minutes) The alcohol spay was complete BS as it actually ruined the un-sauced tires where it actually "kicked" the additive in the sauced tires creating even more bite. This is why I filed my protest with IFMAR - to stop spraying tires as it did nothing to those cheating but killed the legal guys.

Yes, I waisted one of my own practice runs to test and show IFMAR how bad they were screwing the racers that were not doing anything wrong. Yes, the Enneti tires were effected by this spray more than the Matrix or Contact. Also look at the lap times of 9 Time IFMAR WC, Collari - He was also using Enneti and thus had junk tires once they were sprayed with the alcohol.

Above all, I have tried to help IFMAR conduct a fair event for all the racers. I even offered to get additive for all the racers and even remove myself from the event to help manage an "additive station" where we would have SXT available and I would help prepare or teach racers that were not experienced with additive. I offered this because the Italian team manager said electric racers like myself, Hara and Lemieux would have a huge advantage on the rest if additive was allowed.

There has been rumors about cheating with additive in 1/8 as far back as 2002 that I know of. Since, it's been a growing excuse/complaint by people that it happens but no one has had the balls to confront it head on and and try to at least make it a fair race for all. If I was really cheating with tire additive, do you think I would show IFMAR how easy it is to cheat and teach them how it was done??? Do you think I would offer to back out from the event and help the other racers so it was fair?? Maybe this is why I've never had what it takes to win a World Championship but I can assure you if I ever do, it will be that I played by the rules and won it honestly as it should be!!

Anyone want to copy/paste this to RCTech, please feel free. I have no problems answering questions on this and standing up for what I believe. I wish all the racers here the best of luck and may the best driver/mechanic be crowned World Champion on Saturday!!!

Good Night All...."""
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #999
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

This has got to be the best pic from this WC:

Old 04-13-2011, 10:46 PM   #1000
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh damn lots of water
2011 Roar Nats 1/8th Open, 5th
2012 GLC 1/8th Open Q7 Finish 5th, 2013 GLC 1/8th Open Q4 Finish 7th
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #1001
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
Oh damn lots of water
You sure? Might be tire sauce..
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 PM   #1002
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector03cobra View Post
Because there have been some rumors.

Here is some info on what went down.

For what its worth, and to help keep the story strait.

""Josh Cyrul I have never used tire additive in 1/8 EVER until the very last practice run at this WC. I ran 2 different sets of tires in that practice run where 1 was sauced with SXT 3.0 and the other was not. The test was to see how the denatured alcohol that IFMAR was spraying on the tire actually effected the performance of the tires. You can see the lap time difference in my run as the 1st set was the sauced tires and the 2nd was un-sauced (tire change at 4 minutes) The alcohol spay was complete BS as it actually ruined the un-sauced tires where it actually "kicked" the additive in the sauced tires creating even more bite. This is why I filed my protest with IFMAR - to stop spraying tires as it did nothing to those cheating but killed the legal guys.

Yes, I waisted one of my own practice runs to test and show IFMAR how bad they were screwing the racers that were not doing anything wrong. Yes, the Enneti tires were effected by this spray more than the Matrix or Contact. Also look at the lap times of 9 Time IFMAR WC, Collari - He was also using Enneti and thus had junk tires once they were sprayed with the alcohol.

Above all, I have tried to help IFMAR conduct a fair event for all the racers. I even offered to get additive for all the racers and even remove myself from the event to help manage an "additive station" where we would have SXT available and I would help prepare or teach racers that were not experienced with additive. I offered this because the Italian team manager said electric racers like myself, Hara and Lemieux would have a huge advantage on the rest if additive was allowed.

There has been rumors about cheating with additive in 1/8 as far back as 2002 that I know of. Since, it's been a growing excuse/complaint by people that it happens but no one has had the balls to confront it head on and and try to at least make it a fair race for all. If I was really cheating with tire additive, do you think I would show IFMAR how easy it is to cheat and teach them how it was done??? Do you think I would offer to back out from the event and help the other racers so it was fair?? Maybe this is why I've never had what it takes to win a World Championship but I can assure you if I ever do, it will be that I played by the rules and won it honestly as it should be!!

Anyone want to copy/paste this to RCTech, please feel free. I have no problems answering questions on this and standing up for what I believe. I wish all the racers here the best of luck and may the best driver/mechanic be crowned World Champion on Saturday!!!

Good Night All...."""
Where did this come from?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #1003
Tech Adept

I really don't understand this...has it or has it not been said that there is no IFMAR rule stating tire additives to be illegal? If there is no rule against it then how can it be called cheating?

I really wanted to attend this race, but I am now glad I DID NOT! Now reduced to 3 qualifiers (assuming no rain tomorrow) the average racer that spent 10k to attend this event have been robbed. I feel sorry for them.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #1004
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Smith View Post
I really don't understand this...has it or has it not been said that there is no IFMAR rule stating tire additives to be illegal? If there is no rule against it then how can it be called cheating?

I really wanted to attend this race, but I am now glad I DID NOT! Now reduced to 3 qualifiers (assuming no rain tomorrow) the average racer that spent 10k to attend this event have been robbed. I feel sorry for them.
I think, the better question to ask would be: Was there actually any cheating?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:32 PM   #1005
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Where did this come from?
Facebook
Closed Thread