Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #961
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Just because Hara can drive the piss out of the Proceed doesn't make it a good car for everyone to buy. I'm sure Hara can drive the piss out of an old RS4 and beat Xrays too.
Now you are pushing it...RS4 is a class of its own, I called it DRIFT class...LOL.

Isn't it awhile ago the brand DELTA were doing alot of aftemarket parts for Proceed and they are pretty big at the Mid West Series...I thought the car is actually pretty decent (back then).
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #962
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Rocket round is TOP 3 advance to the upper main..? Or Top 3 only on 1/4 and 1/2....lower are top 2?
top 4 make it to the Final, then 1/64th odd and even,1/32 O/E, 1/16th O/E, 1/8th O/E, 1/4 O/E, 1/2 O/E, the top 3 from each semi(1/2) make it to the final.

Quote:
Just because Hara can drive the piss out of the Proceed doesn't make it a good car for everyone to buy. I'm sure Hara can drive the piss out of an old RS4 and beat Xrays too.
He's driving a mugen, not a Proceed.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #963
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Rocket round is TOP 3 advance to the upper main..? Or Top 3 only on 1/4 and 1/2....lower are top 2?

The top 4 qualifiers go directly to the main. The rest get placed into either the even or odd semi's. They start at the lowest finals usually called like the 1/512 odd main, they run that. Then they run the even 1/512 main, and the top 3 of each main move up to the 1/256 odd main which would have 7 qualifiers already in it so with the 3 moving up there is now 10 racers, the top 3 move up to the 1/128 odd main and the same thing is happening on the even numbered main. Near the end after a bunch of mains you have the 1/4 mains odd and even then the semi's and finally the A Main.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #964
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
top 4 make it to the Final, then 1/64th odd and even,1/32 O/E, 1/16th O/E, 1/8th O/E, 1/4 O/E, 1/2 O/E, the top 3 from each semi(1/2) make it to the final.

Thanks for the round info.....and also, I think he was only joking about the Proceed, so was I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
The top 4 qualifiers go directly to the main. The rest get placed into either the even or odd semi's. They start at the lowest finals usually called like the 1/512 odd main, they run that. Then they run the even 1/512 main, and the top 3 of each main move up to the 1/256 odd main which would have 7 qualifiers already in it so with the 3 moving up there is now 10 racers, the top 3 move up to the 1/128 odd main and the same thing is happening on the even numbered main. Near the end after a bunch of mains you have the 1/4 mains odd and even then the semi's and finally the A Main.

Steve
Awesome...that answered my question and thank you. Bumps up makes it very interesting and fair for everyone that has a bad qualifier (or all bad 4 qualifiers) for 1 more chance...
Old 04-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #965
Tech Elite

Quote:
Now you are pushing it...RS4 is a class of its own, I called it DRIFT class...LOL.

Isn't it awhile ago the brand DELTA were doing alot of aftemarket parts for Proceed and they are pretty big at the Mid West Series...I thought the car is actually pretty decent (back then).

I used to run the HPI Proceed/Delta car. In fact Homestead raceway hosted the Nationals back in 2002 and I ran the car there. It worked really good overall. However, I doubt the car would do very well against the current grouping of cars. The current cars offer many more subtle hard to see adjustments and they have changed geopmetrys and other things. In its time though that car was good and they made a number of big mains. HPI just never really pushed the car after it was designed and released to the public. Had they fully supported it with a decent size race team, they could very well still be a player in 1/8th.

Steve
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #966
Tech Champion

Trivia questions...

Who has the longest BUMP from the lower main and advanced to the A-main...? Lets talk about 1/8th WC and 1/10th TC nitro only....

I don't know the answer...but I am wondering how many sets of tires and gallon of fuel that he ran...or..how many engine does he wasted for that run...?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #967
Tech Champion

Quote:
I used to run the HPI Proceed/Delta car. In fact Homestead raceway hosted the Nationals back in 2002 and I ran the car there. It worked really good overall. However, I doubt the car would do very well against the current grouping of cars. The current cars offer many more subtle hard to see adjustments and they have changed geopmetrys and other things. In its time though that car was good and they made a number of big mains. HPI just never really pushed the car after it was designed and released to the public. Had they fully supported it with a decent size race team, they could very well still be a player in 1/8th.

Steve
If driven by someone like HARA....you think he can make 36 laps with that today?
Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #968
Tech Elite

Quote:
If driven by someone like HARA....you think he can make 36 laps with that today?
Yes, actually I think he could. I have raced with Hara twice before (in other scales) and he can drive anything. In fact I am not suprised at all how well he is doing, plus his mechanic there is awesome. I think he could do a 36 but I doubt it would be a fast 36 so he would find himself in the semi's at best, I would think. It would be tough but I bet he could do it.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #969
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Nobody said anything about Hara actually driving the Proceed at the WC. Read the previous posts.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #970
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Nobody said anything about Hara actually driving the Proceed at the WC. Read the previous posts.
Im just making it clear, thats all. The way you worded it somebody could take it to mean that thats what you meant.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #971
Tech Regular

Quote:
Trivia questions...

Who has the longest BUMP from the lower main and advanced to the A-main...? Lets talk about 1/8th WC and 1/10th TC nitro only....

I don't know the answer...but I am wondering how many sets of tires and gallon of fuel that he ran...or..how many engine does he wasted for that run...?
I know that last year at 200mm IC Euros Martin Hudy moved up from LAST position(4 bad quals) to Semi final. It was a real enduro for him and his car.

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #972
Tech Champion

Quote:
Yes, actually I think he could. I have raced with Hara twice before (in other scales) and he can drive anything. In fact I am not suprised at all how well he is doing, plus his mechanic there is awesome. I think he could do a 36 but I doubt it would be a fast 36 so he would find himself in the semi's at best, I would think. It would be tough but I bet he could do it.
Very interesting....I mean, with some luck, and if HARA is really driving, I think he can win the WC with the Proceed. However, I am sure HPI will ask him NOT to run the Proceed....what happen is if he does win, HPI has to RE-RELEASE the Proceed with WC edition like Tamiya does...now, that is a really really odd to see. LOL.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #973
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
I know that last year at 200mm IC Euros Martin Hudy moved up from LAST position(4 bad quals) to Semi final. It was a real enduro for him and his car.
That is awesome....

I know Bobby Flake did that on ROAR national (not the world event) from some F-main or something very low (yes, all bad 3 qualifiers) and his total run time was like 2.75 hours on the same car and engine with x amount of tires and uncount for fuel....iron man event.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #974
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I recall Dave Erlich having a similar kind of iron man run somewhere once. Can't remember if he made it to the A or not.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #975
Tech Regular

Oisin O Briain (RedRC) just reports on facebook:
Quote:
Some pretty serious rain has arrived at the World Championships in Miami. Unfortunately its arrived with just two groups left to run their second qualifier!!
Closed Thread