R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #961
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Just because Hara can drive the piss out of the Proceed doesn't make it a good car for everyone to buy. I'm sure Hara can drive the piss out of an old RS4 and beat Xrays too.
Now you are pushing it...RS4 is a class of its own, I called it DRIFT class...LOL.

Isn't it awhile ago the brand DELTA were doing alot of aftemarket parts for Proceed and they are pretty big at the Mid West Series...I thought the car is actually pretty decent (back then).
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #962
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Rocket round is TOP 3 advance to the upper main..? Or Top 3 only on 1/4 and 1/2....lower are top 2?
top 4 make it to the Final, then 1/64th odd and even,1/32 O/E, 1/16th O/E, 1/8th O/E, 1/4 O/E, 1/2 O/E, the top 3 from each semi(1/2) make it to the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Just because Hara can drive the piss out of the Proceed doesn't make it a good car for everyone to buy. I'm sure Hara can drive the piss out of an old RS4 and beat Xrays too.
He's driving a mugen, not a Proceed.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:24 PM   #963
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Rocket round is TOP 3 advance to the upper main..? Or Top 3 only on 1/4 and 1/2....lower are top 2?

The top 4 qualifiers go directly to the main. The rest get placed into either the even or odd semi's. They start at the lowest finals usually called like the 1/512 odd main, they run that. Then they run the even 1/512 main, and the top 3 of each main move up to the 1/256 odd main which would have 7 qualifiers already in it so with the 3 moving up there is now 10 racers, the top 3 move up to the 1/128 odd main and the same thing is happening on the even numbered main. Near the end after a bunch of mains you have the 1/4 mains odd and even then the semi's and finally the A Main.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #964
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
top 4 make it to the Final, then 1/64th odd and even,1/32 O/E, 1/16th O/E, 1/8th O/E, 1/4 O/E, 1/2 O/E, the top 3 from each semi(1/2) make it to the final.



He's driving a mugen, not a Proceed.
Thanks for the round info.....and also, I think he was only joking about the Proceed, so was I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
The top 4 qualifiers go directly to the main. The rest get placed into either the even or odd semi's. They start at the lowest finals usually called like the 1/512 odd main, they run that. Then they run the even 1/512 main, and the top 3 of each main move up to the 1/256 odd main which would have 7 qualifiers already in it so with the 3 moving up there is now 10 racers, the top 3 move up to the 1/128 odd main and the same thing is happening on the even numbered main. Near the end after a bunch of mains you have the 1/4 mains odd and even then the semi's and finally the A Main.

Steve
Awesome...that answered my question and thank you. Bumps up makes it very interesting and fair for everyone that has a bad qualifier (or all bad 4 qualifiers) for 1 more chance...
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #965
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Now you are pushing it...RS4 is a class of its own, I called it DRIFT class...LOL.

Isn't it awhile ago the brand DELTA were doing alot of aftemarket parts for Proceed and they are pretty big at the Mid West Series...I thought the car is actually pretty decent (back then).

I used to run the HPI Proceed/Delta car. In fact Homestead raceway hosted the Nationals back in 2002 and I ran the car there. It worked really good overall. However, I doubt the car would do very well against the current grouping of cars. The current cars offer many more subtle hard to see adjustments and they have changed geopmetrys and other things. In its time though that car was good and they made a number of big mains. HPI just never really pushed the car after it was designed and released to the public. Had they fully supported it with a decent size race team, they could very well still be a player in 1/8th.

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #966
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Trivia questions...

Who has the longest BUMP from the lower main and advanced to the A-main...? Lets talk about 1/8th WC and 1/10th TC nitro only....

I don't know the answer...but I am wondering how many sets of tires and gallon of fuel that he ran...or..how many engine does he wasted for that run...?
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #967
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
I used to run the HPI Proceed/Delta car. In fact Homestead raceway hosted the Nationals back in 2002 and I ran the car there. It worked really good overall. However, I doubt the car would do very well against the current grouping of cars. The current cars offer many more subtle hard to see adjustments and they have changed geopmetrys and other things. In its time though that car was good and they made a number of big mains. HPI just never really pushed the car after it was designed and released to the public. Had they fully supported it with a decent size race team, they could very well still be a player in 1/8th.

Steve
If driven by someone like HARA....you think he can make 36 laps with that today?
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #968
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
If driven by someone like HARA....you think he can make 36 laps with that today?
Yes, actually I think he could. I have raced with Hara twice before (in other scales) and he can drive anything. In fact I am not suprised at all how well he is doing, plus his mechanic there is awesome. I think he could do a 36 but I doubt it would be a fast 36 so he would find himself in the semi's at best, I would think. It would be tough but I bet he could do it.
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #969
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
He's driving a mugen, not a Proceed.
Nobody said anything about Hara actually driving the Proceed at the WC. Read the previous posts.
YR4Dude is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #970
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Nobody said anything about Hara actually driving the Proceed at the WC. Read the previous posts.
Im just making it clear, thats all. The way you worded it somebody could take it to mean that thats what you meant.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #971
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Trivia questions...

Who has the longest BUMP from the lower main and advanced to the A-main...? Lets talk about 1/8th WC and 1/10th TC nitro only....

I don't know the answer...but I am wondering how many sets of tires and gallon of fuel that he ran...or..how many engine does he wasted for that run...?
I know that last year at 200mm IC Euros Martin Hudy moved up from LAST position(4 bad quals) to Semi final. It was a real enduro for him and his car.
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #972
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Yes, actually I think he could. I have raced with Hara twice before (in other scales) and he can drive anything. In fact I am not suprised at all how well he is doing, plus his mechanic there is awesome. I think he could do a 36 but I doubt it would be a fast 36 so he would find himself in the semi's at best, I would think. It would be tough but I bet he could do it.
Very interesting....I mean, with some luck, and if HARA is really driving, I think he can win the WC with the Proceed. However, I am sure HPI will ask him NOT to run the Proceed....what happen is if he does win, HPI has to RE-RELEASE the Proceed with WC edition like Tamiya does...now, that is a really really odd to see. LOL.
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #973
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
I know that last year at 200mm IC Euros Martin Hudy moved up from LAST position(4 bad quals) to Semi final. It was a real enduro for him and his car.
That is awesome....

I know Bobby Flake did that on ROAR national (not the world event) from some F-main or something very low (yes, all bad 3 qualifiers) and his total run time was like 2.75 hours on the same car and engine with x amount of tires and uncount for fuel....iron man event.
Solara is online now  
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #974
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I recall Dave Erlich having a similar kind of iron man run somewhere once. Can't remember if he made it to the A or not.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline  
Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM   #975
Tech Regular
 
Bart_Banaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 327
Default

Oisin O Briain (RedRC) just reports on facebook:
Quote:
Some pretty serious rain has arrived at the World Championships in Miami. Unfortunately its arrived with just two groups left to run their second qualifier!!
__________________
Do you remember your first RC car? And that favorite RC car you had years ago?
The model cars may be gone, but the memories are not, and we have the pictures to go with them! Visit: www.classic.rc-junkies.net
Bart_Banaan is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net