R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #556
Tech Fanatic
 
hotdognobun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post8925233
hotdognobun is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #557
Super Moderator
 
Snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

We done 4 x 10 minute practice rounds today, 10 heats of 15 drivers although not everyone is here as yet. I hear some are not coming so the field wont be at the maximum 150.

Grip was very low in the morning but was better after every round. Everyone using 32 fronts with 35 rears.

We have a radar gun and pointed it at the end on the long straight, just before the sweeper. The top speed we recorded was Shimo with his OS Speed at 115km/h. Not long after that, he come in the pits to richen his engine. Collari was about 109km/h but is very quick in the infield.
__________________
Racing Lines Magazine
Snowy is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #558
Tech Elite
 
Slo-MTX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
We done 4 x 10 minute practice rounds today, 10 heats of 15 drivers although not everyone is here as yet. I hear some are not coming so the field wont be at the maximum 150.

Grip was very low in the morning but was better after every round. Everyone using 32 fronts with 35 rears.

We have a radar gun and pointed it at the end on the long straight, just before the sweeper. The top speed we recorded was Shimo with his OS Speed at 115km/h. Not long after that, he come in the pits to richen his engine. Collari was about 109km/h but is very quick in the infield.
Hows the Mugen going Snowy?

Timmy and Blake going ok?
__________________
Podified Picco/MRX5/Futaba/Savox

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #559
Super Moderator
 
Snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

The Mugen is going well so far. It's still in one piece after the rounds today which I'm happy about. Even Pietsch hit the boards and damaged his car. Happened right where I was taking pictures.

I'm finally confident about taking the sweeper flat out! Just can't do it every lap.

Timmy and Blake are getting quicker after every run. As is everyone else. We just need to sort our engines out a bit more and will we a bit more happier.

There is an air force base right nearby so we are seeing many fighter jets flying around as well as taking off and landing. It's an awesome sight and sound!
__________________
Racing Lines Magazine
Snowy is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #560
Tech Elite
 
Slo-MTX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
The Mugen is going well so far. It's still in one piece after the rounds today which I'm happy about. Even Pietsch hit the boards and damaged his car. Happened right where I was taking pictures.

I'm finally confident about taking the sweeper flat out! Just can't do it every lap.

Timmy and Blake are getting quicker after every run. As is everyone else. We just need to sort our engines out a bit more and will we a bit more happier.

There is an air force base right nearby so we are seeing many fighter jets flying around as well as taking off and landing. It's an awesome sight and sound!
Damn it damn it damn it.....I was supposed to be there with you guys.

That must be pretty cool taking the sweeper flat out. How dos Pietsch look? What bodies are the most common?
__________________
Podified Picco/MRX5/Futaba/Savox

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #561
Tech Master
 
John Doucakis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

@Snowy,

Thanks for the updates!
Please take some photos next time of Hara's car, especially the O.S. engine he is using...
Looks like we will have for the first time a 'Speed' edition on onroad!
John Doucakis is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #562
Tech Regular
 
mugen.racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 397
Send a message via Skype™ to mugen.racer
Default worlds 2011

day 1 worlds
Attached Thumbnails
2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami-img_6222.jpg   2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami-img_6264.jpg   2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami-img_6295.jpg  
mugen.racer is offline  
Old 04-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #563
Super Moderator
 
Snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 812
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 View Post
Damn it damn it damn it.....I was supposed to be there with you guys.

That must be pretty cool taking the sweeper flat out. How dos Pietsch look? What bodies are the most common?
Yes, you should have come Mr Morris. Feels great to nail the sweeper flat out. But where I have been standing on the drivers stand makes the sweeper my furthest point to look at and it's so far away that I keep messing up the line when approaching.

@John.

I took aspic of Hara with his car. Will get Brad to post it up now.
__________________
Racing Lines Magazine
Snowy is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #564
Tech Elite
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,564
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know when Mike Myers (Starting Grid) coverage starts of the Worlds, I assume he is covering this event correct?

Steve
__________________
Team ORCA / ORCA USA / Pro Spec
Serpent America / Team Serpent S411 ERYX / On Point Racing OP12C, S120 / Xceed Products
Hangar 30 / Seattle RC Racers
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #565
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

good luck snowy .. with less drivers you shoud now make the top 50 a lot easier ;P
__________________
Serpent 748 TQ | GIMAR Engines
Walter RC HObby | www.walterrchobby.com.au
BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
mrgsr is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 AM   #566
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Guys, News Raiola Team?
Tanino is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #567
Tech Apprentice
 
Sean Earnest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
From where I stand, you're the only weenies around, and you're mighty foreign as well....
LOL this is true
Sean Earnest is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #568
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Yes, you should have come Mr Morris. Feels great to nail the sweeper flat out. But where I have been standing on the drivers stand makes the sweeper my furthest point to look at and it's so far away that I keep messing up the line when approaching.

@John.

I took aspic of Hara with his car. Will get Brad to post it up now.
Keep em coming Snowy.. are LiveRC there? they are supposed to be !

6:02pm) @Brandon_Rohde: 1:8 onroad worlds broadcast will begin on Saturday
(6:02pm) @Brandon_Rohde: Late Saturday
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #569
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

4 bucks for a hot dog, whoooaw. Somebody's trying to get rich of the food?

The concession area is not getting very good critics right now. No place to sit down, expensive food and when more than 3 people want to eat at the same time there's grid lock

Pietsch had a defective receiver, that's why he hit the board when he left the pits.

Pietsch and Rick V. have been clocked slightly under 16s.
stefan is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:18 AM   #570
Tech Master
 
barg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,205
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to barg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
We done 4 x 10 minute practice rounds today, 10 heats of 15 drivers although not everyone is here as yet. I hear some are not coming so the field wont be at the maximum 150.

Grip was very low in the morning but was better after every round. Everyone using 32 fronts with 35 rears.

We have a radar gun and pointed it at the end on the long straight, just before the sweeper. The top speed we recorded was Shimo with his OS Speed at 115km/h. Not long after that, he come in the pits to richen his engine. Collari was about 109km/h but is very quick in the infield.
Hey Snowy, 115km/h is insane top end. Is the straight really long? I hope your engines are keeping up and that you are well over the 105km/h mark.

Pull your finger out and put in some fast laps and stop perving on the women..... Or at least post some pics.....
__________________
XRAY NT1-2015 Spec | Max Power Engines | KO KIY EX10 | Protoform | Matrix Tires | XRAY X12-16

HEI International | www.hobbyexpress.com.au
www.nswrcrcc.com
barg is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:54 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net