R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-20-2004, 02:25 PM   #16
Tech Regular

As you will read all over the internet and see, any good driver can win with almost any car (AE, Serpent, MTX, G4, etc, etc...). My suggestion is that you look at what the best availability in your area is combined with parts cost. Parts cost IS very important because you will break/rebuild things as I am sure you know.

Choose what is best for your area and any top manufacturer will be great. I am partial to a shaft though.

John
NTC3
jrabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:03 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

To all who ask, for now at least to get a good feel, im not in it for racing. In fact, i'm not sure if my LHS runs nitro on-road or just electric. But i do know i want the thrill of nitro.
Hudy, i'm switching from electric to nitro because i want more speed ( fwa ha ha ) but in all seriousness, i'm kind of tired of my electric 4-Tec putzin around...and i love the sound of nitro.
I was going to get a nitro buggy, one of the OFNAs, but i decided against it seeing as how i had my beautiful T3, and i would just invest in that.

Also, to those who ask. I dont wanna shell out $400 + for a nitro car right away casue i wanna know what its capable at first, i wanna get a feel for it, and of course i can make it faster as time goes on and more funding makes itself known.
t3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

Real quick also,

are other brands to be trusted in reliability and customer support outside of AE, HPI and OFNA? I don't know much about Kyosho, or Tamiya, or CEN or a bunch of other brands (I know from past experience TRAXXAS has horrible customer support)

So i'm curious what are some trustable brands too.

Old 05-20-2004, 04:54 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to goldenboy

Quote:
So i'm curious what are some trustable brands too.
you said it, AE and HPI, traxxas is also up there only because of there tmaxx. but if you are saying you dont want to race and you want to go fast, get the traxxas 4-tech (it sucks, but is fast) or get the hpi nrs4 3 EVO, it is as fast as the 4tech if not faster, and is a lot more durable and reliable. the team ass. tc3 is a good car if you want to race, but rtr tc3=slow.
goldenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:43 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

ok...sounds like a party. now i'm pretty sure what i'm lookin for now, but i'm just makin sure. i know i really like the ntc3 and i'm hopin if i got it, i could upgrade it nicely.

however, the nrs4 looks nice too..
haha i guess it's just up to me now on my opinion tho but thanks for all the advice guys!