R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have always attempted to make shipping and having inventory the priority around here so something's do fall by the way side like web updates. I do however try to keep the PDF pricing as up to date as I can. These days we are getting pricing changes and new products on a weekly basis so it been tougher than it has been in the past.
As far as the shopping cart systems, I have been trying at address this issue in the correct manor. IMO the only true value to the shopping cart system is if it tied to "real time inventory" this means either hosting the site internally (looked at the price of a T1 line lately?) or up loading the site to a web host and using VPN to handle the day to day internal activity. The later is what I'm looking at but there are significant security issues with either of these solutions. Almost all the shopping cart programs you see in the hobby business are glorified e-mail and thus you place your order only to find out the one part you really needed is not in stock and when you order arrives it is too late to hunt one down. This is what I'm trying to avoid. It takes a lot more of my personal time to handle the phone traffic but I feel this is a value added situation. We are moving to larger digs in PA in the next couple weeks so look for me to be behind the eight ball on communication and updates for a while but quadruple the room will allow more inventory and hopefully reduced pick times for orders.
In regards to not manufacturing products Nitropimp you are wrong there I have a milling machine and a lathe as well at tig capability and have prototyped parts for years.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by tiGGo biTTies
Maybe the difference of $75 is because "some" if not "all" the new Power tire truers comes with the aluminum case. I know most of them do come with the metal case now and the prices have gone up quite a bit because of that.
Well, this one does not come with metal case at all!

And as Robert claimed about the currency changes. It shouldn't change this much, e.g. $75. Because if the Euro changed this much, comparing to the U.S. dollars, then we, the US people, are now having big trouble.
Varuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Quote:
In regards to not manufacturing products Nitropimp you are wrong there I have a milling machine and a lathe as well at tig capability and have prototyped parts for years.
Robert by no means think I'm trying to attack you. I was referring to n1technik remark "small timers". I thought that was out of line. As for Ashford Hobby's I think it's great that you have alot of supporters. Just as "ETF" does too. Hey I'm not going to bash you for your price difference. You made it clear and there is "NO FOGGY" areas. I was just pointing that they're some shops that low ball and bait and switch. It's obvious Ashford is not one of them. Also I don't want to start a flaminig thread. I respect your views and understand them. We are all in this forum to learn and help out as much as possible. People just want to let others know they're experience "good or bad"

Let's move on...... Again we all have a choice of who we are going to buy from.....

Last edited by Nitropimp; 05-18-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
Robert by no means think I'm trying to attack you. I was referring to n1technik remark "small timers". I thought that was out of line. As for Ashford Hobby's I think it's great that you have alot of supporters. Just as "ETF" does too. Hey I'm not going to bash you for your price difference. You made it clear and there is "NO FOGGY" areas. I was just pointing that they're some shops that low ball and bait and switch. Ashford is obvisoius not one of them. Also I don't want to start a flaminig thread. I respect your views and understand them. We are all in this forum to learn and help out as much as possible. People just want to let others know they're experience "good or bad"

Let's move on...... Again we all have a choice of who we are going to buy from.....
Yes yes, I rather get it from ETF. 'Coz we do have many choices... Unlike Serpent guys, they have no choice.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by n1technik
eddie the fish and varuth,
you should just shut your pie hole because most ppl had nothing but a great customer service and pricing from ashford. Robert is one of the most knowledgeable person and they do have a best (most of the time) prices on the net.
think about it, with currency rate changing almost everyday (euro-dollar) sometimes it is possible that prices on the site could be wrong. and i don't know if you know this but if you read the site carefully, it does state that prices aren't always accurate.
anyways, i'm not affilated with ashford in any way. i'm just one of the many satified customer out there who got tired of these 2 ppl trying to ruin their good name.

btw, if you want to order something from ashford, you should call them up directly. (for first time customers)

pss. i have seen eddie the fish's online auction (yes he is a seller as well. one of those small timers) and prices were awful.

Scott Baek
CA
Currency changing almost everyday (euro-dollar)? I agree. But if it changes this much, e.g.$75. Let me know okay, I will quit my RC and make an investment on (Euro-dollar) at Wall Street instead.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:04 PM   #36
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Varuth (et.al),

I have done plenty of business with Robert from the other side of the US and have sent a ton of people there and they are all loyal customers. Robert is super knowledgeable and very cool guy to talk to. IMNSHO, if you had a discrepancy you should have picked up the phone and called instead of airing your dirty laundry in public. Not to mention, Robert has a lot of cool stuff in stock when others do not.

With that said, the Euro is kicking the US dollar's ass right now and yes, the Euro is a good investment right now. The US dollar was ahead and buying good from Europe was a deal but that is not true currently. I am almost wondering about that over the stock market for an investment Right now the exchange is 1.00 EUR=1.19435 USD. It has been higher and it has fluctuated a lot. The more high dollar items that come from Europe can get extremely costly. Have you priced any .21 onroad race engines lateley? They are over $700 on average!!! Some is due to greed on the manufacturers part, the rest is currency conversion issues. I can guarantee it is not the little guy retailer like Robert screwing you. If you know anything about their business, they have pretty much fixed margins and sell the same stuff for the same markups all the time. If the manufacturer or the dollar change, the retailer doesn't stand to make any more money, but they certainly don't want to lose money either. See the problem here?

FYI I always use http://www.xe.com/ for currency conversion and it changes throughout the day so it really does work just like the stock market or any other commodity.

So you buy a big ticket item like a tire truer for say $450. If the EUR/USD rate fluctuates a mere 1/10 of a point, that is a whopping $45 and guess who gets to eat it? You and I. I personally don't blame the retailers for this because I only know of a few of them who are out to screw customers for a profit... but Robert is the last person I would look to ever do this.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by fraz
Varuth (et.al),

I have done plenty of business with Robert from the other side of the US and have sent a ton of people there and they are all loyal customers. Robert is super knowledgeable and very cool guy to talk to. IMNSHO, if you had a discrepancy you should have picked up the phone and called instead of airing your dirty laundry in public. Not to mention, Robert has a lot of cool stuff in stock when others do not.

With that said, the Euro is kicking the US dollar's ass right now and yes, the Euro is a good investment right now. The US dollar was ahead and buying good from Europe was a deal but that is not true currently. I am almost wondering about that over the stock market for an investment Right now the exchange is 1.00 EUR=1.19435 USD. It has been higher and it has fluctuated a lot. The more high dollar items that come from Europe can get extremely costly. Have you priced any .21 onroad race engines lateley? They are over $700 on average!!! Some is due to greed on the manufacturers part, the rest is currency conversion issues. I can guarantee it is not the little guy retailer like Robert screwing you. If you know anything about their business, they have pretty much fixed margins and sell the same stuff for the same markups all the time. If the manufacturer or the dollar change, the retailer doesn't stand to make any more money, but they certainly don't want to lose money either. See the problem here?

FYI I always use http://www.xe.com/ for currency conversion and it changes throughout the day so it really does work just like the stock market or any other commodity.

So you buy a big ticket item like a tire truer for say $450. If the EUR/USD rate fluctuates a mere 1/10 of a point, that is a whopping $45 and guess who gets to eat it? You and I. I personally don't blame the retailers for this because I only know of a few of them who are out to screw customers for a profit... but Robert is the last person I would look to ever do this.
fraz:

Are you running Serpent?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #38
Tech Adept

no he does not.
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote