R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-17-2004, 10:07 PM   #16
Tech Adept

eddie the fish and varuth,
you should just shut your pie hole because most ppl had nothing but a great customer service and pricing from ashford. Robert is one of the most knowledgeable person and they do have a best (most of the time) prices on the net.
think about it, with currency rate changing almost everyday (euro-dollar) sometimes it is possible that prices on the site could be wrong. and i don't know if you know this but if you read the site carefully, it does state that prices aren't always accurate.
anyways, i'm not affilated with ashford in any way. i'm just one of the many satified customer out there who got tired of these 2 ppl trying to ruin their good name.

btw, if you want to order something from ashford, you should call them up directly. (for first time customers)

pss. i have seen eddie the fish's online auction (yes he is a seller as well. one of those small timers) and prices were awful.

Scott Baek
CA
n1technik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:17 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
you should just shut your pie hole because most ppl had nothing but a great customer service and pricing from ashford. Robert is one of the most knowledgeable person and they do have a best (most of the time) prices on the net.
Dude "Shut your PIE hole". PLEASE get real.. This is called a forum. If you don't know what that means. It's a place where people give and get advice. About the Ashford Hobby thing. Yeah prices do change daily but having a updated www with correct pricing would be nice. Sometimes people advertise lower prices (called lowballing) to attract people to buy from them. Not saying that Ashford did this but $75 price difference is a little extreme. A Hudy Tire Truer isn't a gallon of oil and doesn't fluctuate that much. Another thing is I'm sure Varuth just posted that to make people aware of what's going on. Let's not start bashing each other....... if you want to do that PM me and we'll go some rounds . I commend you for sticking up for your friend Robert at Ashford. But I got to stick up for mine and Eddiethefish has products too. Small timers???? What's meant by that??? Did you ever think he does it just for fun??? Can Robert mill a chasis or make his own parts?? Does he have a machine shop????? If you think his prices are high "DON"T BUY FROM HIM" and the same goes for Ashford. Again I don't want to start a flaming thread.......Let's just move on..
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:19 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

now I'm part of this mess?

hahaha

Quote:
Originally posted by n1technik
eddie the fish and varuth,
think about it, with currency rate changing almost everyday (euro-dollar) sometimes it is possible that prices on the site could be wrong. and i don't know if you know this but if you read the site carefully, it does state that prices aren't always accurate.
anyways, i'm not affilated with ashford in any way. i'm just one of the many satified customer out there who got tired of these 2 ppl trying to ruin their good name.

btw, if you want to order something from ashford, you should call them up directly. (for first time customers)

pss. i have seen eddie the fish's online auction (yes he is a seller as well. one of those small timers) and prices were awful.

Scott Baek
CA
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

<stands behind eddie>I got your back bro!<stands behind eddie>
Old 05-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #20
B
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
<stands behind eddie>I got your back bro!<stands behind eddie>
good one.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:15 AM   #21
Tech Addict

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaWWWWWWWWWWWWW @#$%$### you got the Mugen MTX-3's guys pissed now......
Old 05-18-2004, 12:18 AM   #22
B
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaWWWWWWWWWWWWW @#$%$### you got the Mugen MTX-3's guys pissed now......

I rarely see Mugen guys pissed. ....they usually just laugh
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:20 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even though I live half an ocean and continent away, I have received great service from Robert and will continue to do business with him.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:18 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

Maybe the difference of $75 is because "some" if not "all" the new Power tire truers comes with the aluminum case. I know most of them do come with the metal case now and the prices have gone up quite a bit because of that.
tiGGo biTTies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #25
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have always gotten great service from Ashford Hobby, even when at the big show in need of a part next day air to the hotel.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:04 AM   #26
Tech Regular

My Ford Pinto has NEVER blown up; therefore there is nothing wrong with it and I will continue to buy 1970 Pinto's.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to mckrooz

Quote:
Originally posted by B

We are laughing. Some people get so butt hurt over the internet.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Quote:
ok B I'm
Old 05-18-2004, 10:56 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Same here............I have been purchasing SERPENT parts from Robert (direct via phone) since Serpent Impulse released (almost 5 years now...)

Robert is a great guy, so I don't believe he need to use the out dated price to attrack ppl...........because I honestly think a website without E-COMMA setup is not a good online store site anyway..........

But may be Robert prefer the voice line over internet methrod....there is some good things about that, no one can HACK in the computer and steal the credit card info....or typo mistake by buyer, everything is via phone and if mistake made, ROBERT should recall it anytime, just a phone call, he will try to fix it up asap...and for buyer, we can ask him tech question and things that he prefer....sometime he even told me NOT to get the parts that I want and recommend me something else which is better........THAT, you cannot be find reply like that on email whatsoever....

On the other issue...........don't blame Robert.....Serpent USA (they are the one who carry HUDY and X-RAY items as well) raise their price like 2-3 times a year.......NO ONE can keep up with them except SERPENT USA...

But quite frankly, Ashford site does need some update......this site is like the same 5 years ago (except the added tech and forum area)....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Same here, Robert has always been very helpful.
J_Longbrake is offline   Reply With Quote