Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oil Content

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Oil Content

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE OIL CONTENT OF VARIOUS FUELS? (MOST OF ALL, BLUE THUNDER RACE, I HAVE HEARD IT WAS 9%)
Old 03-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Most companys have various %'s of oil in there fuels. I use PowerMaster with 18% oil. I find that it helps with the cooling and you will get longer life out of your engine. If the oil content is below 12% I personally wouldnt use it. I wish I could tell you more but I dont know all of the brands oil content.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always add an additonal 1 to 2 ounces of Castor to my fuels. You can get a product called BLENZOL at the motorcycle shops for a few bucks.

Rich
Old 03-29-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Oil content is important, but there is no standard amount. although most engine manufacturers say 18% to be safe (since they dont know what fuel the user will be using). This number, however, is arbitrary. Even if the fuel has a high percentage of oil such as 18%, if the oil burns up it is not doing what its supposed to be doing, which is lubricating and protecting the engine.

I'm just quoting a huge article i read on fuel. I just wish the article was still around. Gives very valuable insight, especially on castor and synthetic properties, percentages, etc.

BTW, when a company gives a percentage of oil, they never specify whether it is by weight or by volume. So unless you try to isolate the oil from the fuel mixture, we dont know exactly how much oil is in the fuel itself.