R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-13-2004, 04:11 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

I see this thread is starting to get ugly.
e420x, here's some advice I gave to someone awhile back.
Don't bother with the first sentence.
It's too late for that.

Quote:
Originally posted by PSI Racing
I'm surprised no one has started bashing yet.
All I could say is all the cars that are out right now are capable of winning.
The best advice I could give you on choosing your car is buy a car that you could buy parts for at your local hobby shop.
Buy something that fits your driving skills.
Make sure you get a car that you could get support from the guys at your track.
Bottom line, buy something that you like.
PSI Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:42 PM   #32
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
from your point of view then, why do you think serpent would produce a car that only the experts can handle ? and i thought some of you guys said the 710 has a wide "sweet spot" than the other cars.

are you telling me bearings need less maintenance simply because they are on a 710 ? or the 710 use a different kinds of bearings that requires less maintenance?
Hi.. I'm back..

Being asked that question, looks like you no where liking the car.. so I should not bother to explain and I believe we both will prefer to play on track rather than here
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #33
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Maybe their pleasure with the bearings could have something to do with the previous problems that cars were experiencing with certain batches having their sheilds popping off, seizing and some bearings falling apart?
I believe they call that Low internal ratio or someting I'm not sure as I do not read advertisment that much
Old 05-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
Hi.. I'm back..

Being asked that question, looks like you no where liking the car..
again, from you point of view, no less. the 710 is fine, as i had stated in my previous post. just don't like hyped up sale pitches about the car but at least they are not directly from serpent.

Quote:
so I should not bother to explain and I believe we both will prefer to play on track rather than here
suit yourself, never expect any factual explanation anyways. and i actually like it here than at the track, talk is much cheaper here.
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:38 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Default I dun know!!!

My statment about Mugens being faster ( I was just kidding) the two cars are close enough to come down to the drivers experience on which one is faster I'm on my way to the track and am going to run the 710 in the a main and if I lightley clip something and that car does not finish the race it will be for sale cheep!!! WOW is that optimistic or what?
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #36
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone tell me how to get Serpent clutch response from the Mugen clutch?
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:34 AM   #37
Tech Addict

Default Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by e420x
Which is a eaasier car to setup out of the box..looking at something I will not have to fiddle with to get good performance.
Maybe before we start a war on "which is the best?" you should look at what you know about "setting up a car" If you dont know alot about "droop, downstops,upstops, camber etc etc and what they do i think you may have a hard time setting these cars up. If this is you first car you may want to go for something easier to start like a FW-04 or something just to get started i see alot of people buy these super tuneable cars and dont know how to tune them properly and get very fustrated at how hard they are to drive, and usually ending in quitting the hobby.

Brett.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:49 AM   #38
Tech Addict

what happed to the hpi R40 & Ntc3 ant they any good when they come up agaisnt the MTx 3 S710
whats wrong them
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:32 AM   #39
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Maybe before we start a war on "which is the best?" you should look at what you know about "setting up a car" If you dont know alot about "droop, downstops,upstops, camber etc etc and what they do i think you may have a hard time setting these cars up. If this is you first car you may want to go for something easier to start like a FW-04 or something just to get started i see alot of people buy these super tuneable cars and dont know how to tune them properly and get very fustrated at how hard they are to drive, and usually ending in quitting the hobby.

totally agree!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:39 PM   #40
Tech Addict

P.S Serpent is better!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 02:44 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by Data
the 710 is fine, as i had just don't like hyped up sale pitches about the car but at least they are not directly from serpent.
I dont see anyone giving "hyped up sales pitches" people are only saying what they think about there car to help this guy out!
And if Serpent didnt give sales pitches, how are they go sell there product? by telepathy?
Old 05-18-2004, 05:23 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
I dont see anyone giving "hyped up sales pitches" people are only saying what they think about there car to help this guy out!
And if Serpent didnt give sales pitches, how are they go sell there product? by telepathy?
Buy the Serpent 710............buy it............you know you want it...............buy it...........

PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #43
Tech Master

Quote:
I tough those subject is close already. Anyway, I come to realize that indeed we (mugen/serpent/kyosho/etc drivers) are all the same. We do not like things JUST BECAUSE we prefer other things. I see nothing wrong with that..
Old 05-18-2004, 11:16 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
never said serpent giving hyped up sales pitches. ("at least they are not directly from serpent") and i really don't care how serpent sell their products.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:17 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Quote:
Originally posted by PUNISHER
Buy the Serpent 710............buy it............you know you want it...............buy it...........

nah, probably not a good idea, just found out the 710 is not for beginners like me.