Search

Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:15 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
You see Surikarn's car in these pictures? Its the Pro-Spec version which has all of the hop-ups. Mugen has accepted that this is what the MTX3 needs to be top-level competitive.
I couldn't resist for this one

I have not seen Surikarn's car much, but I do know that one of Mugen Japan's main man, Fukuda, although sponsored by Kawahara and Mugen, runs a bone stock MTX-3 (except for the Ti screws).

Needless to say, he is one of the fastest nitro touring racers in the world, period.

For those who don't know, Fukuda is the current Japanese national champion, and he came in second at the recent Winternats right behind Swauger.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by B
I couldn't resist for this one

I have not seen Surikarn's car much, but I do know that one of Mugen Japan's main man, Fukuda, although sponsored by Kawahara and Mugen, runs a bone stock MTX-3 (except for the Ti screws).
Bone Stock with the plastic wheel hubs Come on.. you are too nice Mr. B (j/k)
Old 05-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sow & Steady says you would spend more $ on mugen hop ups! You will definately spend 2 to 3 times as much on the Serpent parts you break!
Old 05-12-2004, 07:30 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pyramid
Bone Stock with the plastic wheel hubs Come on.. you are too nice Mr. B (j/k)

That I am not so sure about
Old 05-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
In fact I'm probably too old to win the world Championships by now.
I think L Collari should be your aim ! Never say dinosaur.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

my S710 is almost .5 secs/lap faster than any others here. When you asked for opinions, you should also said `Do not said anything if you never driven/own both!`, as you know, otherwise this thread will turns ugly.
You're the man Pyramid !

Hey, aren't we suppose to promote other cars besides the 710? What happen to that?
Old 05-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mugan#1

I work on mugans and surpents. Both nice cars however When a mugan clips the wall it will usually finish the race unlike a surpent! And I don't care how good of a driver you are this just happens sometimes. I built a wide bumper for the serpent and that seemed to help. But the price you pay for surpent parts is a total joke! There prices on most of there parts are insulting to say the least .That said I run both Mugans and Surpents at the track but I favor the Mugan but in all fairness I have raced Mugans a lot longer then I have raced Serpents............. Hellion
Attached Thumbnails Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?-imga2993.jpg  
Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default P.S.

Mugans are faster
Old 05-12-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: P.S.

Originally posted by HELLION
Mugans are faster
You bet !
Old 05-13-2004, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

As from my point of view, Serpent is no where near a beginner car (no, I did not say that you are) and also you need times to do the setup as the nice driving spot is not as large as the MTX3.
from your point of view then, why do you think serpent would produce a car that only the experts can handle ? and i thought some of you guys said the 710 has a wide "sweet spot" than the other cars.

Oh.. I`m keeping the S710 becuase I have no time to do much heavier maintanance on other car brands and since I found the nearly perfect tarmac setup for it. Just tested the car for 4 hours and all those bearings still turns like new
are you telling me bearings need less maintenance simply because they are on a 710 ? or the 710 use a different kinds of bearings that requires less maintenance?
Old 05-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by Slotmachine
Sow & Steady says you would spend more $ on mugen hop ups! You will definately spend 2 to 3 times as much on the Serpent parts you break!

Hop ups aside ...

How much you spend on repairs depends on two things: 1) how you drive, any car will break if you hit the boards and 2) how good you want to maintain your cars.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I think L Collari should be your aim ! Never say dinosaur.
there's always hope!
Old 05-13-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: P.S.

Originally posted by HELLION
Originally posted by InitialD
You bet !
Mugans are faster
Sorry ... did I miss something? Is that a new car?
Old 05-13-2004, 02:23 AM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

The Mugen is probably more user freindly and requires less maintenance. How well can you build a ball diff and a centax clutch? If you don't know you will need assistance, get either wrong and you will have a pig on your hands.
Both these cars are top shelf items and are both able to win any race anywhere, there are others too. The 710 is newer but the MTX has development. There will be a redesign for both these cars, the MTX will probably be first.
I'm thinking the VoneRRR will also be worth a look, but no matter which car you get you will only get out what you put in. I'd be happy with either.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Serp. 710 or Mugen MTX 3..easier?

Originally posted by Data
from your point of view then, why do you think serpent would produce a car that only the experts can handle ?
What kind of experts are you talking about? Do you mean experts in theory?

are you telling me bearings need less maintenance simply because they are on a 710 ? or the 710 use a different kinds of bearings that requires less maintenance?
Maybe their pleasure with the bearings could have something to do with the previous problems that cars were experiencing with certain batches having their sheilds popping off, seizing and some bearings falling apart?

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 05-13-2004 at 03:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.