R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2004, 09:49 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Ok, here are a few questions I'm sure are already answered in some thread or another. Looking for the latest info and RCer's/Racer's thoughts & opinions;

1. Convert an RR to an Evo, or build an Evo [new] kit?

2. Go from an RR straight to an RRR, or use the Evo as a stepping stone in Kyosho's evolution [no pun intended, really]?

3. Keep with the V1 series or try/convert/jump to the FW05?

4. How far is the RRR from becoming available?

5. If you're satisfied with your kit [assuming upgrades achieve minimal or indistinguishable gains], get the latest/next generation kit or stay until parts availability becomes an issue?

6. Keep up with the latest and greatest kit when competing at the club level, or higher, if what you have is still competitive or stick with your kit and upgrade parts as needed?

7. How many spare(s) parts are enough? Enough for: a complete kit rebuild, suspension/rolling chasis parts, electronics, engine & exhaust?

8. How loyal do you stay [to your manufacturer] when a another company comes out with a superior [lighter, stronger, tougher, stabler/better handling] kit?
Note: Sponsored drivers should answer this question at your own discretion [consider your agreements carefully, if applicable, or answer frankly].


Looking forward to the responses. I'm sure they will be very diverse, opinionated [and some with strong convictions], as well as interesting and fun/funny.


Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:09 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

I'll opt for none of these, but MTX-4.

regards,

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
Ok, here are a few questions I'm sure are already answered in some thread or another. Looking for the latest info and RCer's/Racer's thoughts & opinions;

1. Convert an RR to an Evo, or build an Evo [new] kit?

2. Go from an RR straight to an RRR, or use the Evo as a stepping stone in Kyosho's evolution [no pun intended, really]?

3. Keep with the V1 series or try/convert/jump to the FW05?

4. How far is the RRR from becoming available?

5. If you're satisfied with your kit [assuming upgrades achieve minimal or indistinguishable gains], get the latest/next generation kit or stay until parts availability becomes an issue?

6. Keep up with the latest and greatest kit when competing at the club level, or higher, if what you have is still competitive or stick with your kit and upgrade parts as needed?

7. How many spare(s) parts are enough? Enough for: a complete kit rebuild, suspension/rolling chasis parts, electronics, engine & exhaust?

8. How loyal do you stay [to your manufacturer] when a another company comes out with a superior [lighter, stronger, tougher, stabler/better handling] kit?
Note: Sponsored drivers should answer this question at your own discretion [consider your agreements carefully, if applicable, or answer frankly].


Looking forward to the responses. I'm sure they will be very diverse, opinionated [and some with strong convictions], as well as interesting and fun/funny.


Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Ok here's my 2 cents.

If you are staying loyal to Kyosho and wanted latest and fastest, money no object. Get the FWO5. Everybody that I know that has one loves it.

If you want to stay on the V one R series. Like I did. The RR Evo is the most up to date. Now there's a RRR (not out yet). With Mods done to the V one RR Evo it's pretty much a TANK. I've upgraded to the Mugen Rear End (similar to the new RRR) and will add a new lower CG tank to my car (RRR has a new tank) added the Mugen Reciever Protector to my Evo also. Hey my V one RR Evo looks like my MTX-3. But if you have time the RRR will be out soon. As for the MTX-4 that's a blur to me. Maybe ETW (EddietheFish). Knows the release date. I love my MTX-3.. The Kyosho V one R series there cars have been always good to me. Good support and here on the west coast very competitive. And for spares and parts a few extra chasis and front and rear bulkheads can't hurt. Good luck.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

If you want to be competative only run one car. The FW-05 out of the box is as good as my Evo fully hoped. Lately with a few improvements its getting better. I still have an issue with low top speed but am working on it.

If you want to be reliable geta full spare car with engine and radio. This will save on spares

V1RR-Evo
V1RRR
FW-05
MTX3
MTX4
R40
S 710
NTC3............etc........

Pick a car and go for it!!
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 11:43 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

Here are my Two Snake Tamers......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00168.jpg (151.9 KB, 228 views)
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G

8. How loyal do you stay [to your manufacturer] when a another company comes out with a superior [lighter, stronger, tougher, stabler/better handling] kit?

Good luck and thanks!
^5s all around.
Tom G.
IMO, there is absolutely no point in staying loyal to a company. For me, whatever company has a much better car, I will go for it.

Brand loyalty will prohibit the racer from learning more and new things.

my $0.02
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:10 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Lightbulb

Interesting repsonses so far. Time to give my own.

I'm actually planning an Evo conversion for my RR [my budget decided this]. However, if the 3R is coming out soon, I may just wait. I believe the lowered CG is a must, but I can't see that much of a gain, if at all, from the sounds of the posts [from the Evo to the 3R]. Most of my spares will work, so no real worries there for right now. Kyosho on-road parts are difficult to find/acquire off the internet. Thank ingenuity for the net! LOL

I'm curious of the FW05, but really enjoy the set-up/layout of the V1 series [enough to stick with it, until I have the opportunity to run/buy one and then fall in love with it]. My V1s are safe for now; don't know anyone with one to try and can't afford one anytime soon! LOL

It's almost an even split at the local tracks; people will either run/race a specific manufacturer's kits and are very loyal, could care less what they run or it varies depending on vehicle classes [they run a specific company's 1/10 200mm touring and a different make for 235mm, etc., etc., ...]. I was looking for thoughts on this outside the local club scenes. I would go with Serpent or Mugen if I ever decided or had an opportunity [$$$] to go to another make for on-road nitro whether it was 200mm touring or higher classes. Confession: I'll be stuck with 200mm touring for a while-no rising up the class ladder of nitro racing anytime soon! LOL

I do like Kyosho for nitro on-road. I like Losi stadium trucks, Hudy chasis' for indoor electric carpet, and think that AEs and HPIs monster trucks were better designed [from T-Maxx's example] than the T-Maxx. The T-Maxx has been around forever and evolved very well. 1/8 buggies are completely unfamiliar to me, but I do see Kanaiis as very popular. As you can tell from my answer, no sponsors here to worry about! Well, except for da wife! LOL

As far as spares, I try to keep a complete set for repairs [literally an un-built car and all its components] and like to keep a back-up car as well. Nothing ruins a day like not being able to complete the event or leaving early, but then again, I usually can't afford both [I'll sell the back-up or forget to replace the used spare, or both]. My middle name should be "no luck" as often as I brake or things go wrong. LOL

Thanks for your time, answers and opinions!

Keep 'em coming.
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
Here are my Two Snake Tamers......
Nice cars!
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:21 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default Re: Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Quote:
Originally posted by B
IMO, there is absolutely no point in staying loyal to a company. For me, whatever company has a much better car, I will go for it.

Brand loyalty will prohibit the racer from learning more and new things.

my $0.02
I can appreciate your point of view, but you gotta admit, it's cheaper to stock one manufacturer's parts [because of interchangeable/multiple-car parts] than a set for each different car.

I started with a V1S, modified it [almost an RR with the exception of the drive train layout]. Bought an RR and made the V1S a back-up; most parts will fit either kit.

That's me trying to save my $.02 while spending $500! LOL
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Default Re: Re: V1RR, V1RREvo, V1RRR and Qs & Opinions in general

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
I'll opt for none of these, but MTX-4.

regards,
You cracked me up!

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #11
Suspended
 
hudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: California
Posts: 124
Default

Im going to wait for the new VoneRRR to make my decision im between s710 and VoneRRR at the moment I love Kyosho
hudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:48 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
bballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The courts of Detroit
Posts: 478
Default

If you want to stay in the kyosho, go with the fw 05r, supposed to be amazing, and josh cyrul is running it so its got to be half decent If you want to stay with something along the lines of the v1 series, i would also suggest the tm g4, its basically the same thing as the v1s except much more refined and a lot of the parts are interchangeable!
My $100 lol
bballer
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:33 PM   #13
Tech Addict
 
Tom G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Grand Prairie, TX US of A
Posts: 548
Quote:
Originally posted by bballer
If you want to stay in the kyosho, go with the fw 05r, supposed to be amazing, and josh cyrul is running it so its got to be half decent If you want to stay with something along the lines of the v1 series, i would also suggest the tm g4, its basically the same thing as the v1s except much more refined and a lot of the parts are interchangeable!
My $100 lol
bballer
How diffrent is the FW05 [solid drive shaft] from the V1S/R/RR/Evo series [belt driven]?

Driving style affect performance [like everywhere else]?
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone gone from a V1RRR WCE to a V1RR Evo WCE??? katze Nitro On-Road 2 05-13-2008 01:30 PM
4 SALE V1RR / V1RRR / TRINITY REFLEX mitch_0139 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 02-28-2006 05:18 AM
Geniune NIP brand new kyosho V1RRR parts + 3Racing V1RRR parts for sale silverM3 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 07-20-2005 03:53 PM
Kyosho V1RR, V1RR Evolution, .12 OS TR SC Racing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 03-11-2005 02:35 PM
put your V1RREVO PIC HERE Mr-V-One-S Nitro On-Road 9 08-19-2004 12:56 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:16 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net