R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-06-2004, 06:39 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default kyosyho VoneRR(evo) VS FW05

can anyone help me with these few models? which is better? any recommendation for nitro engines?
firetorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #2
Tech Addict

They are both good cars. One is Kyosho's shaft driven car (FW05) and the other is a three belt driven car (RR Evo). The FWO5 is a really fast car from what I've heard. The Evo is sweet and basically the V one S Evoloved throughout the years. They both have a very low CG. The RRR is coming out soon, too. As for which one is better, man that's up to you. Shaft driven cars has less drag and coast more. It's a different driving a belt vs. shaft. I believe that the FW05 cost more to HOP UP than the V one RR Evo. After market parts are really expensive for the FW05. The Evo can use some of the same parts as the original V one R (not all but alot). Josh Cyrul (Kyosho Driver) drives a FW05. As for Engines. What's your price range? Any Nova based engine is going to be fast. Do you want it legal or an outlaw? These are questions you need to ask yourself. Good luck!
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

actually im new at this.. just happen to read it online.. looks kinda interesting.. i dont know much about engines.. ive only seen a OS 12tr if im not wrong.. is the OS12tr good?
firetorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:14 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by firetorch
actually im new at this.. just happen to read it online.. looks kinda interesting.. i dont know much about engines.. ive only seen a OS 12tr if im not wrong.. is the OS12tr good?
I have both cars and I can say that they're both good. True, its expensive to hop up the FW as compared to the Evo, but you only really need to change three or four things on the fw to make it a reliable racer.
With regard to engines, the best OS engine i've tried on both cars is the 12TRP(T). I currently use RB engines (V12 Rody and X12 Rody) on both and they're FAST! Especially on the FW.
You also cant go wrong with a Novarossi NSR12S5 RACE.
JPRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Tech Master

I have both cars as well and the FW-05 is the better handling on foam and rubber tyres.

I havent hopped anything yet but will try the Kawahara front and centre conversions and the 3racing lower and upper chassis

The evo is possibly more stable on long sweeping bends but i have had it longer so know the setup better. With time the FW will be a better car in all respects
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Quote:
The evo is possibly more stable on long sweeping bends but i have had it longer so know the setup better. With time the FW will be a better car in all respects
Really? Wow, I heard that too. I mean I heard that the FW05 is fast out the box. Never driven a shaft driven car!! Wanted how you had to adapt you driving style to drive the FW05? Did you have to change the way you enter and exit out of turns? I think the FW05 is next on the wish list.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
Tech Master

I dont really have a driving style other than I crash less with the FW-05.

I didnt get the 45 tooth 2nd gear so am still not happy with the top end. I might go for the MTX-3 clutch bell and 28 and 29 pinion gears but dont know if they are the same dia

I think it has the same top end as the Evo, it just gets there quicker so its at top revs for longer on the straight
Old 05-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
Tech Master

Nitropimp. I see you have the Vone and the MTX-3. Can the clutch bell fit straight on and are the pinions the same diameter?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Nitropimp. I see you have the Vone and the MTX-3. Can the clutch bell fit straight on and are the pinions the same diameter?

Thanks
I think the bell will fit,.. but you need mugen pinions though,.. different inner dia.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:00 AM   #10
Tech Master

Ok i ordered the clutch bell and the 28-29 gears. I will have to order the first gear as well as the Kyosho ones dont fit right?

Are the bearings the same size and the same distance apart so you can use the same bearings, screw and thrust washer?

Cheers
Old 05-08-2004, 05:23 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Ok i ordered the clutch bell and the 28-29 gears. I will have to order the first gear as well as the Kyosho ones dont fit right?
Yes the gears have to Mugen gears to Mugens clutch. Kyosho gears to Kyosho clutch.

Quote:
Are the bearings the same size and the same distance apart so you can use the same bearings, screw and thrust washer?
I'll have to check that out and let you know.