R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 PM   #1351
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurly
Nice job this weekend Mugen drivers. Glad to see Ron and Mike come up from Cali. Like to thank all the Mugen guys for this week. We shared good info to get the cars up to par. Ira did an awesome job pitting for Ron, nice clean pit stops. Ron did a great job being very consistent and clean with his car. Ira and I would also like to thank Joby for the hospitality.....hope to do it all again for the Nationals. Keep up the winning way MugenUSA.......till next race. Kurt
Kurt:

I was a pleasure meeting you, Ira and all the midwest Mugen gang. You guys have a great series. Hope to see you again at the GLC!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #1352
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Strack, congrats on making the show.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:11 PM   #1353
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks Mike

Thanks Mike, Im glad I got to meet you too. Sorry I didnt get a chance to come down to the pits where you guys were at more than I did. I was thrashing on both the 18th scale and outlaw car. You and Ron did a great job in making the show. Hopefully next time the traction will be where its supposed to be. Good luck this year racing and Ill see you and Ron hopefully at the Nats.........Kurt
Old 05-09-2006, 07:06 PM   #1354
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I need a set-up for a 4R.
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 PM   #1355
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister
I need a set-up for a 4R.
Where are you running? Whats the surface type? What's the track type? Need more info for a set, but I'd just set the car to stock and tune for personal preference. I'm not that far off from the stock MRX4 settings and it handles great for my needs.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:04 AM   #1356
Tech Fanatic

I will be running at cincy. I converted my car to a R version. So i need something that works for the new car.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #1357
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister
I will be running at cincy. I converted my car to a R version. So i need something that works for the new car.
BMCAllister - you have a PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #1358
Tech Fanatic

appreciate it!
Old 05-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #1359
Tech Fanatic

IWK2MUCH---YOU HAVE P.M
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 PM   #1360
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwk2much
Kurt:

I was a pleasure meeting you, Ira and all the midwest Mugen gang. You guys have a great series. Hope to see you again at the GLC!
Hi Mike, It was a pleasure meeting you too. Looking forward to the GLC also.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:14 PM   #1361
Tech Elite

Default Just some quick questions.

Hi all:

Have some 'maybe' stupid questions, but, searched on the thread and nothing about has been told. I'm coming from a MRX-3 and something is 'new' for me.

Regarding the rear body mounts (long/short - H0466C & D) and their mounting positions (Inner/Outer). What does anyone of those and the most important (what to & when to change them). Or shouldn't bother about them?

Hard chassis. The most shocking I've heard is it works much better on low traction tracks Any word regarding this?

BTW: Just talked with a friend who's running the national meeting in 1/8, by the moment, the top 3 over a >70 racers meeting are three Ninja R01 engines (over a bunch of Plus35's, JP's and other heavy ammo), tomorrow are the finals, more about this, tomorrow.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #1362
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey Ron C, And iwk2much you both have PM.

Thanks,
Ira
Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 AM   #1363
ND
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Hi all:

Have some 'maybe' stupid questions, but, searched on the thread and nothing about has been told. I'm coming from a MRX-3 and something is 'new' for me.

Regarding the rear body mounts (long/short - H0466C & D) and their mounting positions (Inner/Outer). What does anyone of those and the most important (what to & when to change them). Or shouldn't bother about them?

Hard chassis. The most shocking I've heard is it works much better on low traction tracks Any word regarding this?

BTW: Just talked with a friend who's running the national meeting in 1/8, by the moment, the top 3 over a >70 racers meeting are three Ninja R01 engines (over a bunch of Plus35's, JP's and other heavy ammo), tomorrow are the finals, more about this, tomorrow.
Hi

I personnaly prefer to run the longest bodymount arm in the most upright position. I found the longer arm gives more steering, and the more upright the arm the more downforce that is transfered from the bodyshell.

As for the chassis, I tried the optional chassis at the Euro B's in Bamberg last year, and this did seem to give more rear end traction. The track at Bamberg never really built up lots of grip, nice black line on it but nowhere near the grip expected. I've yet to try it on the MRX4-R...........

I can believe the Ninja is doing well, I ran mine last weekend in the British Championship and was very impressed with the power, especially low down power. Shame it rained on the race day as I think a win was on the cards.....
ND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #1364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default setting up mrx4 to default settings.. tyre camber question

hi all
im going to run the mrx4 for the first time this sunday

ive set it up to the kit setup thats 3degrees camber on the rear
will this wear the tyres in on an angle or flat ?

or will this reflect the track conditions
it just feels like the tyres will wear in on angles and not flat because the outside edge is lifting off the ground.

do you guys true the tyres down on angles using the truer ?
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #1365
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
set it up to the kit setup thats 3degrees camber on the rear
will this wear the tyres in on an angle or flat ?

or will this reflect the track conditions
it just feels like the tyres will wear in on angles and not flat because the outside edge is lifting off the ground.
The most used value is around 3 degrees. You must try to wear the tyres with some coning. The tyre wear will depend on how quick you're on the track and how much you slide the rear, if you're staring probably 3 degrees will be too much and you will cone badly the tyres, try with a little less of camber (2 degrees).

Beware with less camber and tyres used, if the edges of the foams get sharp is very easy to chunk them (carry some contact cement, shoe goo or similar - no CA) to glue them.

Front camber is another story, some one will insist on a fixed camber amount. I start with some value and I'm moving the camber values depending on how the tyres wear (if they cone, a little less camber), the key is to wear almost flat the front tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
do you guys true the tyres down on angles using the truer ?
I true them with a 1.5 degrees of angle, then, on the car the first laps are delicate, but after the tyre will be completely seated and the grip, maximum.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote