R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #1261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mike,

I deal with Robert from Ashford. He said he talked to you a few weeks ago on the new style arms. He got the front lowers and that's it. Nothing else (a-arm wise) was filled. He should be placing another order tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!!

Corey
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #1262
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What parts do i need to transfer my mrx4 to a R?
bmcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #1263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C.
Hi mrgsr,

That is weird because he is not allowing the clutch spring to function properly.
yeh i know its weird thats why i mentioned it here
he is one of the fastes guys here in australia running an evolva 05 kyosho sponsored driver.

i never really played iwth clutch setup much. and apparently everyone at that race meet was trying different clutch settings
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #1264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcallister
What parts do i need to transfer my mrx4 to a R?
Hi bmcallister,

Here are the new parts on the MRX4-R Kits:

New rear upper arm set (H0147)
New front bulkhead (H0148)
New rear bulkhead (H0149)
New eccentric hubs (T0154)
New front (H0566)
rear shock towers (H0567)
New longer rear shocks (H0568)
New yellow clutch shoe (H0773)
Old 04-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #1265
Tech Fanatic

Appreciate the fast response! Let me ask you guys this. Since i broke a bulkhead last season, I figured i would go ahead and convert the car to the R. Is the R version that big of a noticble difference especially for it being only my second season racing?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:39 AM   #1266
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Lightbulb

I personally haven't had a belt stripping issue so I'm wondering about the new bulkheads. Although they are the same price so I said heck might as well get them. Other than that I run my stock MRX4 and am pretty happy with it.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #1267
Tech Elite

Quote:
Appreciate the fast response! Let me ask you guys this. Since i broke a bulkhead last season, I figured i would go ahead and convert the car to the R. Is the R version that big of a noticble difference especially for it being only my second season racing?
Hi bmcallister,

You're quite welcome.

Now, I wont be an objective person if I say there will be a "big of a noticble difference" between the MRX4 and the 4R.. Afterall, they are both still basically the same car. But with the 4R performance changes, (for me) the car just got even better.

Personally, since I started using the MRX4, I've gotten more and more excited about 1:8th scale racing.... and that has now grown even more with my MRX4-R.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:07 PM   #1268
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...33#post2298333

Tire truer and rx cover are in! Now all I have to do is stock up on parts and tires - we are good to go for racin!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #1269
Tech Adept

Default MRX 4 R ARMS

IS IT TRUE THAT THE MRX 4 R's FRONT UPPER ARMS ARE THE SAME AS THE MRX 3's UPPER ARMS, I HAVE A FREIND WHO SWEARS THAT THEY ARE THE SAME IN DIMENSION & LENGTH, THAT THEY ARE IDENTICAL, IS THIS TRUE OR NOT, I WANT TO SHUT THIS GUY UP, I HAVE AN MRX 4 R, BUT IV'E NEVER OWNED AN MRX 3, SO I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
POLLITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #1270
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C.
Hi Fsturbo15,

On a related side note : The arms that come with the MRX4-R Kits are new Front Upper arms (not of the MRX3).

When comparing one from the other, the MRX3 arms are wider (assuming you're looking at the car from it's side).

With the MRX4 (arched) or MRX4-R (not arched) arms, it allows the car to have more available caster settings.

Pollito,
This should clear things up.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #1271
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLITO
IS IT TRUE THAT THE MRX 4 R's FRONT UPPER ARMS ARE THE SAME AS THE MRX 3's UPPER ARMS, I HAVE A FREIND WHO SWEARS THAT THEY ARE THE SAME IN DIMENSION & LENGTH, THAT THEY ARE IDENTICAL, IS THIS TRUE OR NOT, I WANT TO SHUT THIS GUY UP, I HAVE AN MRX 4 R, BUT IV'E NEVER OWNED AN MRX 3, SO I DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.
Not the same aight no more questions ask pls. lol
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:26 PM   #1272
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Bmcallister & HarKonnenD

I wanted to add a couple of things:

The new bulkheads, FR & R, not only does it give you the ability to adjust the belt tensions, it lowers the Diffs ~2 MM for a lower CG as well.

As far as the 4R upgrade - lower CG, lower arm and shock angles to run lower bodies, and more adjustability, as Ron stated, made a great car even greater. The 4R has not met a track it didn't like!
Old 04-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #1273
Tech Fanatic

Well i ordered the parts to convert to a R. I dont think the uppers arms were listed in my part numbers.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #1274
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well i ordered the parts to convert to a R. I dont think the uppers arms were listed in my part numbers.
bmcallister,

Here's the part number for your MRX4-R Front Upper Arms: H0135

Now as Mikey stated, it carries the same part number as the previous Front Upper Arms (of the MRX4), so since you want the same ones that come in the 4R kits, please mention that when you order them.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #1275
Tech Fanatic

New Mugen / Kyosho wheels available

Serpent USA is pleased to introduce our line of tires for Mugen and Kyosho 1/8 scale. The wheels has being manufactured for this brands with our latest design and are mounted on Jaco rubber. The quality of the wheel is the same as the version for Serpent cars. They will come in both white and yellow at the beginning. Attached you will find a picture of the new Serpent wheel. The design is the same. This tires will be distributed exclusively by Serpent USA

Tires should be available early next week. Your LHS should have it during next week.

Serpent USA
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MRX-4-mvc-264f.jpg  
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote