R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #841
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m
Any ideas what the new shock towers will do for the MRX4? They're on the Mugen Japan site under new products.
Aside from giving you more rear damper positions, the new Rear Damper Stays work hand in hand with the new Rear Dampers. The new rear dampers are BIGGER and therefore holds more volume (will ideally give the car more turn in yet maintaining rear stabilty).

The Front Damper Stay also allows for different damper positions while using the current dampers.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #842
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

The yellow clutch shoe works really really GOOD!!!!!

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #843
Tech Apprentice

The new bulkheads are designed like the serpent 960 for belt tension on front and rear. Although i dont think the 960 does not have the rear belt tensioner....

chemlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #844
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra
Along with the new shock towers they have new front and rear bulkheads, and a

yellow clutch shoe as well. Anyone know any further details on these new items?
The new Bulk Heads make the Front One Way and the Rear Axle ride on Eccentric Hubs (Different Belt Tensions).

The bigger (performance) change on the new Bulk Heads is that they now hold the front one way lower than the stock ones for lower CG.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:19 PM   #845
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron C.
The new Bulk Heads make the Front One Way and the Rear Axle ride on Eccentric Hubs (Different Belt Tensions).

The bigger (performance) change on the new Bulk Heads is that they now hold the front one way lower than the stock ones for lower CG.
Now since the new bulk heads will give different belt tensions will it help prevent the front belt from striping as easy(even though it hasnt been a problem for me)? I know some people were using washers under the mid bearing block to tighten the tension.
Thanks

Last edited by nsupra; 11-21-2005 at 05:36 PM.
nsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:41 PM   #846
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra
Now since the new bulk heads will give different belt tensions will it help prevent the front belt from striping as easy(even though it hasnt been a problem for me)? I know some people were using washers under the mid bearing block to tighten the tension.
Thanks
Hi nsupra,

That is correct.

Although like yourself, I personally haven't encountered premature stripping of belts, the new Bulk Heads with the eccentrics should help keep the life of the belts even longer.

Last edited by Ron C.; 11-23-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:25 PM   #847
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default front damper mount

There was some talk at the Nats that there is a new body some ran at the worlds that required a lower front shock tower and the use of the MRX3 front arms to enable the body to clear. Can anyone confirm this?

The yellow clutch shoe provides what benefit over the gray, Pooh?
ralph m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 PM   #848
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

What's the difference between the yellow and the stock grey clutch shoe? I still can't get this 8th to not spin when I accelerate. Either the centax is still to tight (DUNNO HOW...it seems like the adjuster nut is almost off) and or maybe the stock tires lack traction...although I hear the stock tires are fast tires.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:45 PM   #849
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD
Default Problems

I realized some things with my MRX4 were completely off and contributed to a few things. First the clutch nut had loosened, but with some parts of the threadlock left on the shaft and adjuster nut still kept the engine running. However it made clutch tuning impossible. I finally got everything disassembled, cleaned, and retightened. For the stock settings rebound it was off and there was a little excess for droop. Another thing that contributed to a lot of rear stiffness. That was also changed to stock settings and now things are a bit more flexible. The rear width on the car was 250mm and shoulda been 263mm with -1.5 toe in. So far so good and now I'm going to do a test run tomorrow to see how this engine runs. Still need to give it another warm up tank as it just passed the 7th or 8th tank (after the 5 break in tanks I gave it) so it's still learning the ropes.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #850
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph m
There was some talk at the Nats that there is a new body some ran at the worlds that required a lower front shock tower and the use of the MRX3 front arms to enable the body to clear. Can anyone confirm this?

The yellow clutch shoe provides what benefit over the gray, Pooh?
Ralph, I'm really not sure about that as of yet. I did'nt get the chance 2 run them back 2 back. The yellow seems 2 last longer and have a lil more snap out of the corner than the grey.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #851
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Pooh,
Whats up dog? Getting any racing in down south? See you at the Winternats.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #852
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What size is the side pulleys on the mrx-4?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 11-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #853
Tech Fanatic

What are the effects of using this M-1425 Kawahara Aluminum Upper Arm Block on the MRX4? Besides Strengthen the front end of the Mugen MRX4 and it also comes with another set of aluminum blocks which gives more adjustment. My question is in the package it comes with two sets one set is for stock setup and another set has two holes. What happen if you use the block with the two holes?
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MRX-4-kswm1425ebay.jpg  
Aluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #854
Tech Master

I have the wide belt conversion one way pulley on my MRX4. I noticed that it has a lot of play. Does anybody have the same problem?
manokgt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 07:43 AM   #855
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manokgt4
I have the wide belt conversion one way pulley on my MRX4. I noticed that it has a lot of play. Does anybody have the same problem?
Kawahara 16T and 24T aluminum pulleys. Do you use one of those pulleys for your wide belt conversion?
nsupra is offline   Reply With Quote