R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2005, 07:36 AM   #451
Tech Fanatic

Cool Carl, glad I was close...

I will refrain from giving set-up advice on the '4' since I don't have one yet....

The race this weekend promises to be another good one! We have people coming from all over the eastern United States.

Pooh is going to show us how it's done this weekend!

Hopefully my belts stay in place this weekend and I can give him a reason to push it!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:41 AM   #452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Sounds like BARCAR is starting to attract more a more people from all over.

Now all you need to do is coordinate a national level event to get racers from all over the country to the north east....
Old 04-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #453
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mrx4

I hate to say this but replace mugen belts with serpent and get more than a raceday out of the front belt.The car is excellent out of the box,however a front belt tensioner does help reliability.Car also responds very well to small setup adjustments.Meaning don't make wholesale changes as it is just as easy to make it worse as better.
trashcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:54 AM   #454
Tech Elite

trashcar: not sure what you have on your MRX4 for pulleys, but I've found with the MRX3 that an alum front belt pulley is not the way to go. Stick with the plastic pulley and belt wear appears to be longer.

Our club uses a school parking lot to race. We blow the dust of the track, but its still dirty. The stock mugen belts seem to hold up for a few races with out a problem. I did not know that serpent belts were the same length as the mugen belts???

Also, after every run use an exacto blade to clean out the grit build-up within the pulleys. This seems to be the biggest reason for belt failure.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #455
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

I never stripped a front or rear belt with my Mrx4, I hear that from ppl but Im yet 2 have it happen. The car is a tank IMO.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #456
Tech Adept

Default mrx4

I run the plastic pulleys
Dirt is not the problem the belts will pull out intermittent teeth until there is a large enough gap to strip the belt
We run a high grip relatively clean track with a long straight that being said accelleration is still at a premium.
My problems were with an early car and mugen parts maybe they have gotten better,however I have no problems with serpent belts and feel no need to experiment. The one thing I find curious is that I never had those problems with the mrx3.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #457
Tech Elite

so the serpent belts are the same length?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:11 AM   #458
Tech Adept

Yes sir I am currently running them
Old 04-28-2005, 02:10 PM   #459
Tech Fanatic

We should be announcing it shortly Carl, it will be called 'The Big Apple Grand Prix' and it will be held mid-august of '05.
Just working on the Flyer/Sign-up sheet...

Quote:
Now all you need to do is coordinate a national level event to get racers from all over the country to the north east....
Old 04-28-2005, 05:53 PM   #460
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the help Carl!

I appreciate your help as I'm brand new to 1/8th scale, and I can use all I can get.

I'm going down to Ft. Myers this weekend, and hopefully get some track time. My goal for this weekend is to get through without breaking anyone else's car! Watch out next season though, I'm on a mission!

FR
FL_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #461
Tech Rookie

Default Re: mrx4

Quote:
Originally posted by trashcar
I run the plastic pulleys
Dirt is not the problem the belts will pull out intermittent teeth until there is a large enough gap to strip the belt
We run a high grip relatively clean track with a long straight that being said accelleration is still at a premium.
My problems were with an early car and mugen parts maybe they have gotten better,however I have no problems with serpent belts and feel no need to experiment. The one thing I find curious is that I never had those problems with the mrx3.
Are you using serpent belts for the front only or for the middle and rear?
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #462
Tech Regular

Smile

It would seem most are delighted with the out-of-the-box set-up. with the experience of the winter Nats, and the RD Logics race behind us, run on similiar open tracks, and using the stock set-up, What tires are you recommending for a really good ride. Lets say something comfortable for a 30' main or so. Shore, wheel diameter, front/rear split? Manufacturer?
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #463
Tech Adept

Default belts

Although I have only had real problems with the front I run them frt and rear, side belt has never been an issue.
Tires depend on the track a good starting point is 35s front and rear 7mm split at full size tire 76&69 but tire size is very track dependent there are assorted overdrive charts available for correct split on smaller tires,don't overdrive the frt beyond std setup.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:28 PM   #464
Tech Adept

what is the difrends between the pink and red rear spring,s
they are bouth 2mm thik
nils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #465
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Pink is a little harder than red. There not the same and they feel different on the car.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote