R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #436
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

The stock setup is very good! I'd start with that and change what ever u don't like if anything at all.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #437
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just like Pooh, stock is dialed. Maybe a spring change here or there will be all you need.
Tony Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:21 PM   #438
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default What springs?

What springs would you suggest I stock? Also, what pinions would you recommend?

Oh yeah, the most important question I have.....What kind of glue do you use to glue the pads to the metal on the brake pad??

Thanks!
FL_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:03 PM   #439
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewdogg
nils,

Someone ask a similar question on the mugen forum and here is Swauger's response.

...If you go to 6.5mm block in the rear you will get more side bite and if you want the car to rotate more in the corner you can go to the 4.5mm block.
Where is the Mugen Forum??
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #440
Tech Fanatic

http://www.mugenracing.com/
Old 04-27-2005, 06:42 PM   #441
Tech Elite

I'd start with the white springs all around. And as far as the glue, Shoe goo is the best thing 2 use. It only comes apart when u want it 2. Hope this helps

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #442
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Thanks Pooh

I appreaciate the help!
FL_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #443
Tech Elite

No problem. Have fun!

Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 PM   #444
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Re: more explenation about shims under front arms

Quote:
Originally posted by nils
can some wone explain to me where to put the shims under the
front arm for more steering.
and how thick would the shim,s have to be.
is there a picture ,so i can see where to put them under the front arm,s.
Nils: use the same 1mm shims used to adjust the rear upper arm geometry, H0180 position. The mugen kit comes with both 1mm and .5mm. You'll need to purchase extras to adjust the front roll center.

Simply remove the 4x 3mm screws which hold the mounting bracket for the upper arm and add a 1mm shim under the front upper mounting bracket. Hope this helps
Old 04-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #445
Tech Elite

Default Re: New MRX-4 driver

Quote:
Originally posted by FL_Racer
I just got my kit, and I'm about to put it together. I plan on racing this weekend, and I was wondering if the base setup is a decent starting point.

I would also like to know which spares I should stock.

I was thinking belts, uprights, arms, steering blocks...upper links maybe? Any thoughts?

FR
Start with the kit set-up. If you need more steering, adjust the front upper arm roll centers first, as I describe above.

For parts, extra belts are a must have, especially if you run a on parking lots. Other than that the car is built very well. Good luck
Old 04-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #446
Tech Elite

What's good Carl?

Old 04-27-2005, 09:19 PM   #447
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroHead
Nils,

If you need more steering switch to the short wheelbase first.
If you still need more steering try the 6.5 rear block.

BTW: I put my delta on the Hudy set-up blocks and it looks like I have about 12 degrees of caster.... whatever....
No, on the MRX-4 for more steering, first adjust the upper roll center. When you adjust the front wheel base you will at the same time adjust the front castor.

Before shortening the wheel base, you need to be sure of you castor angle so to adjust the upper arm castor clips. Its easy, the lower arm wheel base clip is 3mm. So if you move the lower arm clip by 3mm you have t adjust the arm arm clip by 3mm to maintain the same castor angle.

The 6.5 rear block will increase rear side bite, which means the car will push more. going down to the 4.5 rear block will allow the rear-end to rotate more freely. The 4.5 is great for really high bite tracks. Fort Myers. I switched to the 5.5 in Vegas, made the car easier to drive.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:27 PM   #448
Tech Elite

hey Pooh. Just killing some time waiting for my Laundry. Be sure to kick some Kyosho ASS this weekend.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:54 PM   #449
Tech Fanatic

Nils,

I stand corrected by Sir Carl Giordano. Carl is the set-up MASTER so please follow his lead! ( I have and it's made me a better driver.)

Thanks again for all your help Carl! You are THE man!

(I thought I read somewhere shortening the wheel base gave more steering.... whatever...)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:06 AM   #450
Tech Elite

Chavo, yes shortening the wheelbase does increase steering, however the order in which to improve steering should be roll center first wheel base 2nd. and keep in mind the upper castor clips have to be adjusted when you move the lower arm clips.

Loks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend Chavo. Enjoy the racing, still waiting from my equipment from Mugen.