R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-07-2004, 10:57 PM   #316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spares

Quote:
Originally posted by bleach1
Hi, i have just started racing 1:8th scale with my mrx4 and basically just want to get a list of spares to keep for this car so i dont get stuck on race day. Can some people just give me a list what parts they have had to have from racing damage/crashes to the mrx4???
The only thing that I've had to change were the belts. Occasionally you will ose a front belt if you crash on throttle, and I had a rear one go when I got stuck in a grass infield and gave too much throttle. I haven't had to replace anything else due to crash damage. So here would be my reccomendation, progress down the list as far as the budget allows:

1. 2 front belts, 1 side and 1 rear belt and pulley set (usually when a belt goes you should replace related pulleys)
2. spare spur gears, prefferably two of each.
3. 1 pair of front and rear uprights.
4. 1 pair of front and rear lower arms
5. 1 pair of front and rear upper arms
6. brake bracket set (includes front mounting point for rear upper a-arm.
7. 1 pair of front and rear bulkheads
8. front cv axle set
9. rear dogbones
10. inner drive adaptor (what connects your front cvd's to your front one-way axle
11. spare shock shaft
12. cluth thrust bearing and spare clutch shoe

Hope this helps
Ed Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 AM   #317
Tech Adept

yeah, thanks. Exactly what i was looking for.
bleach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:33 AM   #318
Tech Adept

Hi,

I am building my first 1/8 MRX-4 but have a question about 2 speed setting. The manual did not mention how many turns to tight down the 2 speed unit. Can someone tell me what is the setting i should start with? I will run the car in RAMS.

Thanks.
US_MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:58 AM   #319
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default spares

I would keep serpent belts as spares,for some reason the front belt in the 4 is even less reliable than it was in the 3. The serpent belts are much more reliable. Have not yet checked Delta belts for the Evolva to check fit. Has anyone done that? The front belt so far is the Achilles heel of the MRX4,requires frequent maintenance otherwise excellent durability.
trashcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:39 PM   #320
Tech Adept

do the 950R belts fit the MRX4???
Old 12-08-2004, 09:00 PM   #321
Tech Addict

Default Re: spares

Quote:
Originally posted by trashcar
I would keep serpent belts as spares,for some reason the front belt in the 4 is even less reliable than it was in the 3. The serpent belts are much more reliable. Have not yet checked Delta belts for the Evolva to check fit. Has anyone done that? The front belt so far is the Achilles heel of the MRX4,requires frequent maintenance otherwise excellent durability.
When you replace the belt, do you ever change the 16T pulley as well?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:32 AM   #322
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default pulleys

run the metal pulley and replace when damaged.When I ran the mugen belt I would try not to run it to the point of failure. Once it was missing more than two isolated teeth I replaced it. They don't last more than 1 good race day at a 7mm split.I don't know if they have a flex problem or what but they start losing individual teeth and if let go will fail the belt.
trashcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:52 AM   #323
Tech Addict

Default Re: pulleys

Quote:
Originally posted by trashcar
run the metal pulley and replace when damaged.When I ran the mugen belt I would try not to run it to the point of failure. Once it was missing more than two isolated teeth I replaced it. They don't last more than 1 good race day at a 7mm split.I don't know if they have a flex problem or what but they start losing individual teeth and if let go will fail the belt.
I agree. I run the Kawahara pulleys all around, except for the front 1-way one. They are much easier to clean as well.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:28 PM   #324
Suspended

ED,GOT ANY NEW RECENT PICS OF YOUR MRX 4?
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to TambokGT
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: REX 321P Tuned Version Available

Quote:
Originally posted by manokgt4
uh oh!! in that case,, i will never get the chance to catch you....:-)
hey Edwin go back to work!!!! or else I won't paint your body!!!
TambokGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 10:24 PM   #326
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
ED,GOT ANY NEW RECENT PICS OF YOUR MRX 4?
Nope. I'll take some this weekend at our FORGAS race at Kissimmee. This one is from our last race in Lakeland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ed delgado\'s mrx4.jpg (100.6 KB, 355 views)
Old 12-10-2004, 03:27 AM   #327
Tech Adept

Is there any advantage to running the pressure chamber on the mrx4 like you do Ed? I dont run it on my and so far havtn had any engine problems.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:04 AM   #328
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MRX4

Hey,

I've got to say u guys sure do know how to make a car look good! This MRX-4 looks very nice might have to go down to my local hobby shop and buy one!! Does ne1 know if the new NOVAMAX engines r good for 1/8th scale it seems to be great for the 1/10th scale!
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 06:28 AM   #329
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by bleach1
Is there any advantage to running the pressure chamber on the mrx4 like you do Ed? I dont run it on my and so far havtn had any engine problems.
All the fast guys run them, so I guess its monkey-see, monkey-do really. Maybe better fuel mileage, I'm not sure-never ran without it.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:30 AM   #330
Tech Addict

Default Re: MRX4

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo
Hey,

I've got to say u guys sure do know how to make a car look good! This MRX-4 looks very nice might have to go down to my local hobby shop and buy one!! Does ne1 know if the new NOVAMAX engines r good for 1/8th scale it seems to be great for the 1/10th scale!
It's a great car, handles well and is super strong-except for the occasional front belt. Fantini's engines are good (NovaMax). So are JP's, as well as the new REX 321P Tuned that I've been running.