R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #61
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

I personally don't mind the rules because various tracks I've been to enforce the rules & show no favoritism if you plan on racing national races & or worlds races you will need to understand how the rules work the goal here is hobby preservation & hobby promotion can you all digg that. ( GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN ) ------------
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #62
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
I will agree that we do have a problem with getting positive exposure of our hobby but I dont see our rules causing that issue. Yes we race for a plastic trophy however I can assure you that we are not the only ones. In fact there are only a few factions that actually give

CAN YOU NAME ONE RULE THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE OR EVEN ONE THAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE
Apart from supervision and control it is believed that a centralzised ROAR undermines the factions involved (Electric, Gas etc)?

Ok lets say we were to departmentalize ROAR what happens then?

Next up promoting our hobby....
We ALL have a responsibilty where that is concerned, we are the ones people "see" when they come to a race not ROAR.

A) Rules are needed for competition

B) As Rick Davis points out: our sport has four different classes. Each with their own unique requirements. Read Ricks stance.

C) We need a National stratagy to promote our hobby. A coalition of manufactures, track owners, promoters and racers will be needed to form a comprehensive road map to success. I feel the National President should be focused on propelling our sport forward. The class presidents can tend to rules and event activities
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #63
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
A) Rules are needed for competition

B) As Rick Davis points out: our sport has four different classes. Each with their own unique requirements. Read Ricks stance.

C) We need a National stratagy to promote our hobby. A coalition of manufactures, track owners, promoters and racers will be needed to form a comprehensive road map to success. I feel the National President should be focused on propelling our sport forward. The class presidents can tend to rules and event activities
Thank you Rich , I think maybe I was misunderstood. I agree in a compition at a large level rules should be enforced, but at a club level or even practice there has to be a give & take if not how do we promote and keep the next roar member?

I am all for compition and the rules but if we are not promoting the next new group of racers then who are we to compete with at the next large event. We have enough rules, Roar need to focus on getting and keeping new members.
robertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #64
Tech Elite

I remember years back here in vegas when offroad guys ran onroad also it was outstanding but for some reason or another that doesn't happen anymore it would be nice to get that type of turn out again at some events hopefully it will happen I agree with you there Rich B.
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #65
Tech Elite

I like the thought that a track operator takes time to ask me if I'm having a good time to me that's called public relations I have had that & in turn brought racers to that event on the next trip it can be done buisness is buisness from top to bottom buisness can be accomplished without it feeling like a buisness atmoshere get the job done

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #66
Tech Adept

You are right William promoting and service is key. I just recently changed to Serpent not only because I drive that car better but for me Serpent has better service for example the past race we went to. We had Pablo fro
team Serpent out there running at no time did he ever make me feel like I was bothering him when I asked questions or any one else. Or even Sam from Kamikaze I don't know any other hobby store owner who promotes or works as hard as Sam to help out Serpent driver with any issues and not just Serpent Sams all over the track with every one, that is smart hobbie store owner.

I look at this same way I run my own busniss it's not so much how much I can save on cost it's how I get the service from my vendors.
robertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #67
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default making friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr View Post
You are right William promoting and service is key. I just recently changed to Serpent not only because I drive that car better but for me Serpent has better service for example the past race we went to. We had Pablo fro
team Serpent out there running at no time did he ever make me feel like I was bothering him when I asked questions or any one else. Or even Sam from Kamikaze I don't know any other hobby store owner who promotes or works as hard as Sam to help out Serpent driver with any issues and not just Serpent Sams all over the track with every one, that is smart hobbie store owner.

I look at this same way I run my own busniss it's not so much how much I can save on cost it's how I get the service from my vendors.

Basically from what is said here is that it was the manufacturer's rep Paolo that made you feel comfortable. That is what good manufacturer PRs do, in fact it probably is a requirement and good business practice. This has NOTHING to do with ROAR.

I think ROAR is being unfairly blamed for the decision of track owners who choose to follow EVERY rule at a club level. There is nothing in the RULES that state that "Non sanctioned events" need to abide by roar rules.

I will say however running at any track ROAR membership should be mandatory, why? Well simple the insurance for which we pay our dues are included in that membership cost.

So the question still is ROAR's role in promoting the hobby? ROAR is an NPO correct? It is NOT to be confused as business, those are called hobby shops and manufactures.

One company that I am sure has stepped up to the plate and promote the hobby is SERPENT. It is quite possible that there are other manufactures that also do this however this (FLORIDA) is my hometown. This may come as a shock but I am not a sponsored driver (lol) if you saw my driving you would understand why.

Maybe I am living in a bubble and don't "see" ROAR's effect on a NOTIONAL level. But it would seem to me that NO-ONE is opposed to rules on sanctioned events. We here in FL for instance have frequent club races. We rotate between tracks 3rd Sunday for one and every 4th the other. For electric there is no spec tires....blah blah tech blah blah however we pretty much just ensure we are all running 17.5 motors and "run whatcha brung" and Gas yep you guessed it a .12motor. The Price is a FLAT $10 bucks run as many classes as you want. This is ALL being done as a group with not affiliation with ANY manufactures.. non-sponsored, non-sanctioned, every bit fun.... that's promoting the hobby.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Some one who is charismatic, agreeable, an excellent leader and manager. Someone who can look beyond the rules to the future. Someone who knows how to structure an organization for success.

Okay guys and gals - who is our next visionary leader going to be?

Lets's get this conversation rockin'

In that case let vote for George Bush
he is very agreeable
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Basically from what is said here is that it was the manufacturer's rep Paolo that made you feel comfortable. That is what good manufacturer PRs do, in fact it probably is a requirement and good business practice. This has NOTHING to do with ROAR.

I think ROAR is being unfairly blamed for the decision of track owners who choose to follow EVERY rule at a club level. There is nothing in the RULES that state that "Non sanctioned events" need to abide by roar rules.

I will say however running at any track ROAR membership should be mandatory, why? Well simple the insurance for which we pay our dues are included in that membership cost.

So the question still is ROAR's role in promoting the hobby? ROAR is an NPO correct? It is NOT to be confused as business, those are called hobby shops and manufactures.

One company that I am sure has stepped up to the plate and promote the hobby is SERPENT. It is quite possible that there are other manufactures that also do this however this (FLORIDA) is my hometown. This may come as a shock but I am not a sponsored driver (lol) if you saw my driving you would understand why.

Maybe I am living in a bubble and don't "see" ROAR's effect on a NOTIONAL level. But it would seem to me that NO-ONE is opposed to rules on sanctioned events. We here in FL for instance have frequent club races. We rotate between tracks 3rd Sunday for one and every 4th the other. For electric there is no spec tires....blah blah tech blah blah however we pretty much just ensure we are all running 17.5 motors and "run whatcha brung" and Gas yep you guessed it a .12motor. The Price is a FLAT $10 bucks run as many classes as you want. This is ALL being done as a group with not affiliation with ANY manufactures.. non-sponsored, non-sanctioned, every bit fun.... that's promoting the hobby.
What Robert means is that a track should be run the same way, track owners should be friendly to the racers, their customers, and try to help make the racing experience better for all. IMO track owners should also be open to suggestions, when tracks are managed with an iron fist, racers stop going. There's always improvements that can be made with racers input and the track owners, and ROAR as well, should listen to US, the racers. We ARE the ones driving the cars after all.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #70
Tech Master

Quote:
he is very agreeable
Ah, okay.

As to ROAR's purpose - please review the ROAR bylaws, I have posted the link. Note article 1 section C (purpose of ROAR):

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/ROARByLaws2008.pdf

Last edited by Rich Browne; 05-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
There's always improvements that can be made with racers input and the track owners, and ROAR as well, should listen to US, the racers. We ARE the ones driving the cars after all.
Nitrodude, this post is not in response to your quote. It is a feeling I have to get off my chest.

ROAR will listen to us - we all need to vote our opinion. We, the membership of ROAR, do have control. We just need to push the agenda we want. No need to hide on the sidelines badmouthing, fetching, complaining and whining that "they" need to do this and do that. What the hell, we are all "they".
Old 05-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Ah, okay.

As to ROAR's purpose - please the ROAR bylaws, I have posted the link. Note article 1 section C (purpose of ROAR):

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/ROARByLaws2008.pdf
2 lines, cant read any more simpler than that.
I have Byron fuel 16, 20, 25 & 30
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
he is very agreeable
don't say that tino that could possibly happen

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
Old 05-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Big goverment small goverment let's not get political
What do you mean not get political, I always was thinking ones you have goverment body it is politics and bigger that body-more polititcs. You guys do not need a lot of presidents, just one, but really good one. Not a diplomat, real guy for whom hobby is really important.

RICH BROWNE for president!!!!!
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #75
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardN View Post
What do you mean not get political, I always was thinking ones you have goverment body it is politics and bigger that body-more polititcs. You guys do not need a lot of presidents, just one, but really good one. Not a diplomat, real guy for whom hobby is really important.

RICH BROWNE for president!!!!!
Thanks, but not a chance. I'm not a proper fit.

I do want to be sure we all pay attention to this election. Discuss, in advance, issues that can make improvements in ROAR and keep the name calling childness out of the process.