Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDCrow Send a message via Skype™ to JDCrow

Thread started for Region Director Candidates as well

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...n-regions.html
JDCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #33
Tech Master

Kinda like crickets chirping in here.

So, no other changes we should make in ROAR?
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post

we must keep this topic alive or we won't have the person we really want where can we find the candidates on roar site ?
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
we must keep this topic alive or we won't have the person we really want where can we find the candidates on roar site ?

Boy, that is a great idea. How about a list on the ROAR main page. Plus, a written list of objectives by the canidates.

Steve P, and JD - I know you are both here, could you set that up, please?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:52 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

I will see what we can do once all the nominations are completed.

FYI - Regarding the 2010 Election Cycle

A nomination form will be posted on ROAR's website in late August with nominations due by October 31. A person can nominate himself or someone else, as long as both are current ROAR members and the person nominated agrees to serve if elected.

A voting ballot containing the names of those nominated will be posted on the website November 1 with votes due by November 30. Winners will be announced December 1 with the term of two years beginning January 1, 2011.

I highly recommend members find candidates for Regional Director Positions. We need high energy, team players, who will dedicate themselves for the next two years to grow participation and build a strong local/regional racing program on behalf of our membership.

We also have several World Championship Events returning to the USA in the next few years that Regional Directors time and efforts will be needed as well.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post

No betting on races.
MBlackketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:53 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

I have always felt that to promote racing there needs to be a prize. This is against the bylaws. Who cares about spectating a race when all there is to win is a glorified bowling trophy? Nobody. The only spectators at an RC race are RC racers themselves, for the most part anyway. RC races are usually held in back woods locations across the US. Why? Because there is almost Zero spectatorship to help fund a more public venue.

Spec tires for all level 4 national events should be top priority. This includes Onroad and Offroad.

Electric Offroad has way too many classes. Do we really need a stock, super stock and Mod in 1/10th 4wd, buggy and truck? Thats 9 classes right there, and probably more soon with SC classes.

Just 3 things off the top of my head.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #39
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Why can't ROAR have 2 Presidents
1 for Off-Road Gas/Elec
1 for On-Road Gas/Elec
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

Only one queen per hive. :-)
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Regional Point system

Hi JD Crow,

I recently started up a on road Roar affiliated track in Washington and wanted to know if you would at least consider a regional point system/ranking system?

I think a lot of racers, me included would like a ranking system like they have in a lot of other racing events. It gives drivers a way to gauge how they are doing overall against other racers running the same class in the Region.

Regards,
Joe
Fasttrax Northwest
RSTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
I have always felt that to promote racing there needs to be a prize. This is against the bylaws. Who cares about spectating a race when all there is to win is a glorified bowling trophy? Nobody. The only spectators at an RC race are RC racers themselves, for the most part anyway. RC races are usually held in back woods locations across the US. Why? Because there is almost Zero spectatorship to help fund a more public venue.

Spec tires for all level 4 national events should be top priority. This includes Onroad and Offroad.

Electric Offroad has way too many classes. Do we really need a stock, super stock and Mod in 1/10th 4wd, buggy and truck? Thats 9 classes right there, and probably more soon with SC classes.

Just 3 things off the top of my head.
We are already addressing the class offerings at the Nationals. Check out the first steps being taken this year at our 2010 Electric Paved Onroad and Electric Off-Road Nationals.

Spec Tires are common at most of our National Events.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTECH View Post
Hi JD Crow,

I recently started up a on road Roar affiliated track in Washington and wanted to know if you would at least consider a regional point system/ranking system?

I think a lot of racers, me included would like a ranking system like they have in a lot of other racing events. It gives drivers a way to gauge how they are doing overall against other racers running the same class in the Region.

Regards,
Joe
Fasttrax Northwest
Joe
Yes we would. We definately have desires to put more emphasis on State and Regional Championship Events.

It will take more cooperation between the tracks to ensure each track doesnt tweak the classes inconsistently.

I still believe the most accurate way to guage yourself against others is head to head competition on the same track. Either at a single event, or a series of races throughout a season. To many variables when everyone is racing at different venues against different levels of competition to make an accurate ranking based solely on race finishes. Some tracks have really deep levels of talent, some tracks not so much.

JD
Old 05-18-2010, 06:47 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Why can't ROAR have 2 Presidents
1 for Off-Road Gas/Elec
1 for On-Road Gas/Elec
Maybe the answer is a complete restructuring to more accurately reflect the diversity of our hobby umbrella - we have four major interest segments as I see it - Off Road Gas , On road gas , Off road electric , and On road electric. Why not have one upper management structure - president, secretary , treasurer and maybe a vice president of each major interst segment to give those groups more of a sense of belonging.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #45
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Maybe the answer is a complete restructuring to more accurately reflect the diversity of our hobby umbrella - we have four major interest segments as I see it - Off Road Gas , On road gas , Off road electric , and On road electric. Why not have one upper management structure - president, secretary , treasurer and maybe a vice president of each major interst segment to give those groups more of a sense of belonging.
Rick,

I think that is a very strong idea. Has merit from many different vantage points.

The more I think about the concept, the more I like it. Has real validity and merit.

The status quo isn't bringing in the membership numbers ROAR should have.