R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-20-2004, 10:18 PM   #106
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rwisejr
Default Re: i got the SPY pic of the first batch

Quote:
Originally posted by mop_iko
i got the spy pic of the FIRST BATCH of HELLION BODIES....

straight from hellion himself...LOL

enjoy....

faster go and order yours!!!!

mop

where when and how much ?
rwisejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:30 AM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Default Run hellion run!

You guys are gona kill me LOL! I started looking at the ones I made at which I am very pleased with but I want to make one more change in them! I altered the Stratis so much that ROAR might have a problem with them being a little too altered! So Im going to put the edges along the top back in the design. I don't think this will mess with it's performance but I'll put it back in the tunnel to make sure. A guy came up to me at the track yesterday and told me that the reason he liked my stratis body so much is because it looks alot more cooler then a plane Stratis and I thought to my self oh oh!!! And when I set it next to a Protoform body it really didnt look like a Stratis so I think doing this with the top will bring that distinctive look of the stratis back. Sorry for the delay but it won't take me to long to do this! I am going to send one or two of the bodies I made out . I promised them I would! Back ta work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga3567.jpg (56.8 KB, 173 views)
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 AM   #108
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default ME WANT SOME SHELLS,......

well, like the header says,... how much will 10 shells plus shipping to Indonesia? (10 clones good for a start, eh?! or not?!) I have a new racing team as of beginning of July and I'll use Hellion for the boys (any incentive involved in any purchase?! I'd be your distributor for South East Asia if you want me to

Last edited by orangbaligila; 06-21-2004 at 09:22 AM.
orangbaligila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:55 PM   #109
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: ME WANT SOME SHELLS,......

Quote:
Originally posted by orangbaligila
well, like the header says,... how much will 10 shells plus shipping to Indonesia? (10 clones good for a start, eh?! or not?!) I have a new racing team as of beginning of July and I'll use Hellion for the boys (any incentive involved in any purchase?! I'd be your distributor for South East Asia if you want me to
I'm sure we can work something out Orange I love the Da Hellion class Idea and won't let the boys down
Old 06-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #110
Tech Master

Default HEHEHEHEHE... just got HELLION's email

i just got HELLION's email just now...

at first i said to myself... better dont post it in here.... BUT i cant help myself... i got to COPY and PASTE his email to me.... coz he said i can do that! HEHEHEHEHE...

a few more days to come... am counting!!!!! YEAH... come here....

guess i need to go buy some more HOTWHEELs for the extra 2 bodies... hehehehehe...

THANKS HELLION!

mop

HELLION's email
Quote:
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:39:54 -0600 (Mountain Standard Time)
To: "mop iko" <[email protected]>
Subject: on there way!!!!

Mop man! They are all boxed up and ready to go I'm just waiting on the truck to pick them up! I'm sending you three of them but two of them the mold wasn't quite ready so the quality isn't 100% but you got to check out the back window you are gona love this LOL . Also they are the ones that have the top modified Use the one in the middle It's about 95% but painting should hide any blemishes. These are the very first ones to be sent out as promised you can print this e-mail to prove it. There are six molds of the car that are still drying (it takes 7 to 10 days) and these will be 100%. I will send you one of these when they are ready. I hope you enjoy them......................

Your friend Danny AKA Da Hellion

cool
mop_iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:16 PM   #111
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: HEHEHEHEHE... just got HELLION's email

Quote:
i just got HELLION's email just now...

at first i said to myself... better dont post it in here.... BUT i cant help myself... i got to COPY and PASTE his email to me.... coz he said i can do that! HEHEHEHEHE...

a few more days to come... am counting!!!!! YEAH... come here....

guess i need to go buy some more HOTWHEELs for the extra 2 bodies... hehehehehe...

THANKS HELLION!

mop

HELLION's email

cool
Yo Mop that is great news dude I can't wait till they are in full production.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:10 PM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Default LOL

Mop is too funny! I said print this not post it Hello all I am now taking orders. I am going to set up a site on RC tech for all the info. And I did set up a acct. with paypal but I'm changing banks this week.I don't want to give prices in here cause that would be advertising and not with in the forum rules! Next week I'm going to make a video of my bodies showing you how they do against other brands. I will be using my out law MTX-2 and the (Legal)Serpant 705 And I'm going to cut the bodies the exact same way so theres no cheating also I'm going to try to show my hand on the radio so you know they are accurate test! I'm guessing well do a straight line 5 times with each body and 5 or 10 laps on a road coarse. Or maybe get a good driver from RC tech to do the tests to be fair! What do you think? I'll put the Da Hellion 1 against any 1/10 nitro sedan body. Gosh I hope I'm not sounding like I'm braging I'm just really proud of this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imga3537.jpg (98.4 KB, 156 views)
Old 06-23-2004, 03:24 PM   #113
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
Mop is too funny! I said print this not post it Hello all I am now taking orders. I am going to set up a site on RC tech for all the info. And I did set up a acct. with paypal but I'm changing banks this week.I don't want to give prices in here cause that would be advertising and not with in the forum rules! Next week I'm going to make a video of my bodies showing you how they do against other brands. I will be using my out law MTX-2 and the (Legal)Serpant 705 And I'm going to cut the bodies the exact same way so theres no cheating also I'm going to try to show my hand on the radio so you know they are accurate test! I'm guessing well do a straight line 5 times with each body and 5 or 10 laps on a road coarse. Or maybe get a good driver from RC tech to do the tests to be fair! What do you think? I'll put the Da Hellion 1 against any 1/10 nitro sedan body. Gosh I hope I'm not sounding like I'm braging I'm just really proud of this one.
You should be proud you made a great product and you are willing to back your claims. Thats caled marketing dude ? once I get my hands on some I will be braging too.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:39 AM   #114
Tech Fanatic

Default burn out!

Budlight: That was a body I built for doing tests in my wind tunnel. (the burn out was added to the photo ) I did like that design and will build something similar in the near future! I have 14 test cars like that one and the right side is different from the left Pretty funky looking but come in handy as they give me a idea of which design works the best(airflow) when I'm designing new bodies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rc car stuff 106.jpg (67.6 KB, 144 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 12:27 AM   #115
Tech Master

Default FIRST 3 BODIES in shanghai!

its here!

3 PRELIM bodies for testing in shanghai!

thanks to hellion!!!

FIRST IMPRESSION:

1) The lexan is a bit thicker than PROTOFORM bodies. I dont know hellion will use this same thickness in his mass production. But i think this thickness although is a bit heavier than Protoform bodies but it will make the bodies more sturdy and will not easily bend by the force of the wind thus effected the aerodynamic of the body.

2) Smaller side windows. i dont know if i cut them (the front side window) can i do the fueling? i will let you know after i do the paint job. I guess i will do a simple paint job to one of them to let me 'feel' the body compared to my current protoform stratus and also see how my fueling goes from the side window.

3) There is a 'MOP!' word on the REAR WINDOW!!! wow! that was a BIG SURPRISE TO ME! hehehehe....

will update later.. hopefully tomorrow it wont rain!

mop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellion bodies01.jpg (117.2 KB, 111 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #116
Tech Master

its REAL!!! i feel it! i feel it! its in my hand!

mop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellion bodies02.jpg (67.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 12:33 AM   #117
Tech Master

MOP!

this is priceless....

mop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellion bodies03.jpg (115.7 KB, 105 views)
Old 07-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Default Re: FIRST 3 BODIES in shanghai!

Quote:
MOP!

this is priceless....

mop
Better not use that bady in a nitro car!
Old 07-03-2004, 03:09 AM   #119
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: FIRST 3 BODIES in shanghai!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Better not use that bady in a nitro car!
hehehehe.....

as you can see... the lexan got a lot of 'bubbles'. i have 2 bodies like that. and 1 body is as smooth as the normal lexan. i think the 2 bodies with the 'bubble' are rough working model of HELLION to do the testing. and he already make a smoother casting for the mass production. when i compare the PROTOFORM stratus and HELLION stratus, i think his body is more on aero form with a bit 'square' at the side of the body. if possible i will post some pic to show the comparison. Hellion's front lips also seems like a NASCAR front lips and it is a bit 'protruding' out to help to dispears the air flow faster (i guess).

all these are my personal opinion - maybe i am wrong coz i am not a technical person

mop
Old 07-03-2004, 07:12 AM   #120
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: FIRST 3 BODIES in shanghai!

Quote:
hehehehe.....

as you can see... the lexan got a lot of 'bubbles'. i have 2 bodies like that. and 1 body is as smooth as the normal lexan. i think the 2 bodies with the 'bubble' are rough working model of HELLION to do the testing. and he already make a smoother casting for the mass production. when i compare the PROTOFORM stratus and HELLION stratus, i think his body is more on aero form with a bit 'square' at the side of the body. if possible i will post some pic to show the comparison. Hellion's front lips also seems like a NASCAR front lips and it is a bit 'protruding' out to help to dispears the air flow faster (i guess).

all these are my personal opinion - maybe i am wrong coz i am not a technical person

mop
how about a picture after the paint job!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote