R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/394517-new-protoform-m56-200mm-nitro-sedan-body.html)

Scott Fisher 05-01-2010 08:48 PM

New Protoform M56 200mm nitro sedan body

This weekend at the Motonica GP in Vegas is the first race out for the new body. There are 3 of us here running the body and let me tell you, its very very good. Currently 1st, 3rd and 4th are all using the new P56. The body has better steering than the stratus but still has the rear grip you need. I can also tell you that a few guys have tested the Xceed Chevy back to back with the P56 and all chose the P56.

Track conditions are average grip. It is not super high grip, but I would say normal race conditions. The track is clean and fast and the body is great. It has a good rounded nose with more front rake/wedge than the Stratus. Indented sides. The real new thing to this body is the narrowing roofline.

Dale will be posting pics of the body on Monday to coincide with the Proline new product releases..... and yes, this body is Roar approved!!

This is the best new offering from Protoform in a long time.

Available in standard and light weight.

Riketsu 05-01-2010 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher (Post 7347299)
This weekend at the Motonica GP in Vegas is the first race out for the new body. There are 3 of us here running the body and let me tell you, its very very good. Currently 1st, 3rd and 4th are all using the new M56. The body has better steering than the stratus but still has the rear grip you need. I can also tell you that a few guys have tested the Xceed Chevy back to back with the M56 and all chose the M56.

Track conditions are average grip. It is not super high grip, but I would say normal race conditions. The track is clean and fast and the body is great. It has a good rounded nose with more front rake/wedge than the Stratus. Indented sides. The real new thing to this body is the narrowing roofline.

Dale will be posting pics of the body on Monday to coincide with the Proline new product releases..... and yes, this body is Roar approved!!

This is the best new offering from Protoform in a long time.

Available in standard and light weight.

:eek:

More bodies!! LOL

Good to hear you had good results with the body Scott...

I might just have to set a budget for Body Purchasing/Testing :lol:...

Cant wait to see the pics!

NikoRacing 05-02-2010 07:03 AM

wow!!! :eek:..another new body from Protoform!??

I wanna see that! :sneaky: are there any photo of the M56??

RC MARKET 05-02-2010 11:04 AM

have photo ?

Ultraspeed84 05-02-2010 12:05 PM

we need pics.

Michael_T 05-02-2010 01:00 PM

Lets wait and see...

This is the same hype that was written about the PF RS-N, which personally I think was a flop

D-Bizzle 05-02-2010 04:43 PM

Great Body

I have been testing this body for the past 3 weeks and compairing it to the DNA3 and R5-N and this body is great. plenty of steering and great stability in straights and sweepers. The R5-N seems really darty after driving this body. In my opinion the best body to run.

Scott Fisher 05-02-2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Novarossi (Post 7349410)
Lets wait and see...

This is the same hype that was written about the PF RS-N, which personally I think was a flop

Absolutely get one and try it when you can. The R5N is far from a flop, but on a very high grip track it seemed to lack some steering when compared to the newer Blitz and Xceed body. This is the Protoform response but ultimately all us racers will decide what is good.

This body is good and Dale told me he would be posting pics of this tomorrow.

1evo RRR Driver 05-02-2010 09:00 PM

I heard it's a chevy copy!!!thts the word n the pits

Scott Fisher 05-02-2010 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver (Post 7351218)
I heard it's a chevy copy!!!thts the word n the pits

That is incorrect. The Chevy has no grill area in the front as well as it has no splitter in the center portion of the body.

The P56 does have an indented grill area as well as a splitter all the way around the front. Also the P56 roofline narrows more as it goes toward the back.

I only saw a Chevy for the first time on Friday, but they are obviously different.

Francis M. 05-02-2010 11:39 PM

Looking forward to see Protoforms latest body. :)

RC MARKET 05-02-2010 11:46 PM

M56 Clear Body for Oval and 200mm Sedan Chassis

yappy 05-03-2010 12:00 PM

any pictures? we want to see it !

Scott Fisher 05-03-2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by yappy (Post 7354000)
any pictures? we want to see it !

I spoke to Dale earlier and he said to watch Redrc. Should be there anytime now. Also, they "should" have pics on the proline website tomorrow. There was a small glitch getting them onto the site today.

Finally it seems that the name will be changed to P56. If somebody can tell me how to edit the title of the thread, I want to change that.

SMcpot 05-03-2010 12:51 PM

Hey Scott, any word on when this will be available?