R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-29-2004, 01:36 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

There you said something brooklynrc, I don't have a rapid charger for my reciver battery so I can just run one one charge per day so a less batterydraining servo would also be welcome.. But I'll have to see how I do, if I buy digital I buy the Hitech HS5645 digital and if I buy analogue I'll get the KO PS-2173.. But I'll have to talk with the seller of the KO servo before I do something..
New_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by New_Toasted
There you said something brooklynrc, I don't have a rapid charger for my reciver battery so I can just run one one charge per day so a less batterydraining servo would also be welcome.. But I'll have to see how I do, if I buy digital I buy the Hitech HS5645 digital and if I buy analogue I'll get the KO PS-2173.. But I'll have to talk with the seller of the KO servo before I do something..
Hi New_toasted, I'm just approx. 100 km from you, here in Denmark. I've also good experience with KO.

I wouldnt care much about the amp draw from a digital servo, they are better ! Just get an extra RX-pack, wont cost much... or a faster charger.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:02 PM   #18
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Now I got the info, it's no digital but it looks very good to me anyway, 0.09 / 8 kg. The model nr. is PS-2173 FET.

And, thanks for the advice.

Simon
This servo came out during the "digital age" it was from the demands of people wanting an analogy servo when the equivalent digital servo at the time 2143 was considered to be draining too much power. So effectively it is a very new servo in design.

From your list, my first choice would be the 9451- digital and very nice. Then 2173.

Myself and other friends have had bad experiences with old/tired 9402. If this one has had it's motor changed already then it definately falls into this category.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:06 PM   #19
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

BTW.....the street price for 9451 in HK is normally only around USD 65.

The street price for then latest KO 2343 in HK is only around USD83....

......you may want to consider those options also because shipping should not add too much to the price for just a servo......

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
This servo came out during the "digital age" it was from the demands of people wanting an analogy servo when the equivalent digital servo at the time 2143 was considered to be draining too much power. So effectively it is a very new servo in design.

From your list, my first choice would be the 9451- digital and very nice. Then 2173.

Myself and other friends have had bad experiences with old/tired 9402. If this one has had it's motor changed already then it definately falls into this category.
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 11:23 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Thanks again ppl for all replies!

So here's next bunch of questions

What's about the Hitec 5645MG digital would only cost about 63 USD with shipping so I think the 88 USD for 9451 is a bit too expensive.. At RCMart in HK there I've shopped before it only sais the stats of the Hitec 5645 Digital at 4.8 volts, but I'm going to run it at 6 volt, anyone who knows how much faster/more torque I can get from 1.2 volts extra? Then I got an idea, my friend who lives just a few blocks from me is also looking for a better servo for his MST-1 so if we could order some servos together we could make shipping a little bit cheaper and we could fix the paying in someway as my mother doesn't want to use her VISA card on the net..
Old 04-29-2004, 11:31 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Forget what I said, the only Hitec servo which could work is the HS-5625MG with 0.14 and 9.4 kg... But in that case I think the KO is a bit more "bang-for-the-bucks" even if it's not digital..
Old 04-30-2004, 11:19 AM   #22
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Forget what I said, the only Hitec servo which could work is the HS-5625MG with 0.14 and 9.4 kg... But in that case I think the KO is a bit more "bang-for-the-bucks" even if it's not digital..
try 5925, 0.08 with over 128oz of torque and I believe the holding power is over 200oz

Hitec has great customer service if you are in the United State, when I was running 5th scale I had a high torque digital burnt out on me, it was hitec 5945. Sent the servo to them and the turn around time is about 10 days.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:37 AM   #23
Tech Regular

That one does also look a bit exspensive to me.. Remember I'm only 13 years.. I can't pay much over 65 USD or something therefore I'm looking at the KO right now.. One idea would be to buy the KO now, run it as steeringservo until I get more money and then I will buy a digital servo for steering and move the KO to throttle there I've got a JR270 right now.. What do you think about that?
Old 04-30-2004, 12:37 PM   #24

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use only Hitec servo's in all my hardware. Which includes 1/8th offroad (945 series Analog for steering, 645 for throttle), and my 1/10th onroad nitrpo (digital 925 series steering, and some other hitech resin gear throttle ditigal servo).

I have not had one HiTec servo die, break, freak, or go weird on me. Ive had a handful of Futaba servos and one Airtronics do that though. Since Hitec not only cost 1/3 - 1/2 less than futaba servo's and beat/match most futaba specs (especially at any price point), I figure why not.
Old 04-30-2004, 01:59 PM   #25
Tech Regular

The steering servo I have now is a Hitec 300BB which is a bit undependent, but I guess that the Futaba S3003 etc would be the same thing.. But as I said earlier I cannot afford a new servo, and the only used one I know for now is my friend's analogue KO Propo PS-2137 with 0.09 and 8 kg.. Would that work good with my car? I don't need the very best, just something that makes the car run well and making me able to have fun at the track..
Old 04-30-2004, 02:53 PM   #26
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
The steering servo I have now is a Hitec 300BB which is a bit undependent, but I guess that the Futaba S3003 etc would be the same thing.. But as I said earlier I cannot afford a new servo, and the only used one I know for now is my friend's analogue KO Propo PS-2137 with 0.09 and 8 kg.. Would that work good with my car? I don't need the very best, just something that makes the car run well and making me able to have fun at the track..
Well when it really comes down to, those numbers dont really mean nothing! I know some top notch drivers they are using digital high speed servos but then they tune down the speed! what I am trying to say is digital servos has good centering and excellent holding power when you are under highspeed turns and also the way I look at it is you can make a high speed turn slow but you cant make a low speed turn fast!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:30 AM   #27
Tech Regular

OK, so you're saying that I'd do better in spending my money in a digital steering servo rather than a cheaper and a little faster analogue one even if I'm pretty new to the R/C competition world (I haven't ran my first race yet)? Or will my Hitech 300BB (0.16 / 3.5 kg / analogue) work fine? The last question is to get help to convince my father that I can't run standard servos at steering..

Thanks again for all advices!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:36 AM   #28
Tech Regular

I`ve had great luck with the JR 590m and now the new 650m. At $39 and $49 respectively you can`t beat them.
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Now I ordered the KO PS-2173 FET analogue.. It will do just fine for me, and when I need a digital steering servo I get one and puts this KO on throttle..
Old 05-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #30
Tech Rookie

You don't need digital, LOL, no one but the couple dozen top drivers in the world would make any advantage from them(If there was one, there is not). All they really do is suck battery power at an enormous rate.

I like the 925 analog for steering my 950's, there really isn't much point having way more torque than your servo saver has 'give', take the speed with enough torque over mega torque (and mega expense) any day.
Lola GT is offline   Reply With Quote