Originally Posted by spenzalii
Welcome to the club!

Nice track spenz.
madcat prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #1428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

This weekend is the first big race at the track. I'll probably run the intermediate class this weekend. Some of the big boys will be in attendance (Chris Tosolini, Uriah Murnam, and a few surprises) so the racing should be good. I'll try to take some pics if I can

I looked over the gearing track of the MTX4 and the FW05 and made one for the CD3. We're running hella tall, fellas. The lowest the MTX4 can get is around 7.2 (don't have the sheet with me). Stock, the CD3 is at 6.55. It can gear to a 7.38 with a 56/19 1st gear, but that's 2 on the pinion and 1 up on the spur.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #1429
Tech Master

The RC Pro Series race was great. Good deal of people ran (80+). Made the C main, which isn't bad considering the last qualifier I ran had 3 people that ended up in the A main and the eventual winner of the whole thing bumped up from the C Main. Still working out a few kinks with the tranny and clutch with this Ninja, but believe me, it's fast enough for me for right now.

If any of you guys can make it to the area to run at the track, you will not be dissapointed. MAJOR race coming up June 6-10. 160 racer limit. I think they're up to 110 entries so far, so I have to mail mine in today. I'll try to get that setup out when I get back in town
Old 05-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #1430
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking RC PRO Race

Sounds like that Ninja has you holding on for dear life, watch out you could get neck injuries moving your head from side to side so quickly!
Good to hear it is performing well for you and just think, it isn't fully broken yet. In a couple of weeks you'll be slicing through traffic!
I am also glad that the CD3 is performing well and yes we would be interested in you chassis/gearing setup for this track.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:32 PM   #1431
Tech Master

Right now I'm runing 19/56 on the 1st gear to get that acceleration on par with the other cars on the track. I think 2nd gear is around 27/49, which the engine seems to be able to pull. I have the ratio chart at home, so I'll try to post that up too.

For a stock motor, I am impressed. While it's not quite a mod Plus 12, JP, or any of the other extra kinky engines that the regulars seem to have, it holds its own.

I traced the shifting problem to a broken tranny. The shoe carrier was cracked, which caused the shoes to move. It would shift into 2nd gear almost instantly, so it looked like it was off on the low end, but would pull once the revs got up there. So I took the one off the LD3 I still have, and it's back to shifting nice and hard. I'm just playing with the shift timing and the clutch timing now to get the perfect launch and shift point for the track.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:38 PM   #1432
Tech Adept

Good to hear you sorted your shifting problem out Spenzalii, im sure thats a relief after trying out all those options
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #1433
Tech Master

Yeah, it helps. Once I get the clutch straight, I'll let you all know if the springs really are OK (which they should be. Who knows at this point!)

I see you have a new build in the process. Left the shaft alone I see! Can't say I'm mad at you. Love my Ofna, and will put it on some podium in some class, but the fact of the matter is I live square in the middle of Mugen country. I can go 5 minutes from the track and get a MTX4 part (and some Kyosho and Serpent stuff, too) but have to wait for the big brown truck to bring me my CD3 stuff. Not the end of the world, but it does make a difference. We will see come next season.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #1434
Tech Adept

I love my CD3 aswell, had alot of fun with it, learnt alot and it stood up to plenty abuse while learning the fine art of driving on a track. But as i am getting more into the racing side, parts support is a huge issue, and if i break something on the MTX i can buy all the parts i need at the track. Its not that i feel the car isn't competitive because it really is.

I had my last race with the CD3 last sunday, everything went well, came 4th, but there was no B main this time as there were only 8 200mm drivers on the day and most of the guys are really fast, i drove consistantly throughout the main and managed to drop my average lap time by 3sec ( its only my 2nd race well 3rd but didnt manage to start the main of the second one due to a stripped servo gear)

My CD3 is going to be rebuilt with all the brand new parts i already have, new chassis, new top deck and various other parts i have and is going to become a shelf queen, i will only do this after i get used to the mugen and then test the CD3 out again to gauge the actual difference
Old 05-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #1435
Tech Master

Sounds like a plan. It would also make a good backup car, just in case the Mugen implodes and you don't have the time to rebuild it at the track (not that that's going to happen, mind you)

That 19/56 1st gear is definately what's up. If you can get a hold of one, do it. Car has much more snap out of the corners. Getting that tranny down, on the other hand, is going to take a bit more work. I got close the other day, but every time I got close, I turned it too much and it either shifted way early or way late. 1/4 turn is too much. 1/8 may be too much too; I'll find out before the week is out.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 AM   #1436
Tech Adept

The CD3 will most certainly be in my race bag along with the MTX4R, just incase

For the last race i had my 2 speed adjusted perfectly, before it was either just to early or to late. it was alot of fiddling tho and like you said very small turns, about as little as i could turn the hex driver, maybe an hour (like when tuning the engine) let us know how it turns out
Old 05-17-2007, 05:29 AM   #1437
Tech Apprentice

Default Selling CD3

Im selling my cd3 pro .Its had 4 race days ,1 piece engine mount,heaps of spare spur and pinion gears,new spare clutch parts,some arms knuckles and cvds, 3 sets of spare diff housings and some crown and pinion gears.Also the kit pipe and a skyline pipe in good condition, springs,shock mounts body mounts,and new stratus body $250 ozzy dollars.
easy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #1438
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9
The CD3 will most certainly be in my race bag along with the MTX4R, just incase
Looks like you are moving up in the racing world!! There is a wealth of documented setup related information at the nitrokb site for the main three cars especially Mugen and Kyosho. It will be interesting to hear your perspective on the comparison of the track performance of the two cars.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #1439
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Looks like you are moving up in the racing world!! There is a wealth of documented setup related information at the nitrokb site for the main three cars especially Mugen and Kyosho. It will be interesting to hear your perspective on the comparison of the track performance of the two cars.
I will definately let you know the difference between the two curvetracer.
I still dont think the CD3 is holding me back yet at all, but parts support is a problem for me, been trying to get spur gears for about 3 months already and they still havent come in at the hobby shop(thank god i never stripped one) never mind be able to change gear ratios, i have plenty other spares to keep me going but its always a hassle to get so my days racing could end very quickly.

For the Mugen i can walk 10m to the track shop and get any part i need.
Also have a great guy at the track to help me with setups with the Mugen (Thanks Proe, and esp for helping me break in the stubborn Nova today, well almost, )
Old 05-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #1440
Tech Master

Been a long week at work, so I haven't been able to get much practice in lately. Last points race ended up 4th. Should have done better, but I'm still chasing down the shifting problems, and my rear diff let go in the main. Th ecar felt very good in the infield, but since I couldn't get it to shift into 2nd, I lost time on that backstraight. I pulled everything apart, replaced the diff, made a list of stuff to get before the Capital Classic. Now I have to put it back together and try to run sometime Monday.

Thinking about going up one tooth on the 1st gear spur. If I can get the car to shift early, that may do the trick and not give up too much acceleration that 19t pinion gives you (trust me, it makes a world of difference!)