R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-21-2007, 02:16 AM   #1411
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where are you guys buying the Cd3 Pro from? I noticed they are on Rc-Mushroom for a good price, but they have no spare parts listed... Tower have the RTR version and places locally i have found it listed are crazy prices.

Please help
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:25 AM   #1412
Tech Master

Contact RC-Mushroom, they (well used to) do custom orders or better "in stock" hit rate try Niki's Hobbies. Both HK so airmail to AU is good & fast.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:56 AM   #1413
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies
Where are you guys buying the Cd3 Pro from? I noticed they are on Rc-Mushroom for a good price, but they have no spare parts listed... Tower have the RTR version and places locally i have found it listed are crazy prices.

Please help
Could always buy two kits and then have spares... Radiomodels have some parts, but they are very expensive on the car themselves. RCmart also have parts, but no kits...

I bought a RTR kit from Mushy a year or so ago and the car was quick but i had reliabilty issues with it. Au_Nightmare will tell you it was user issues, but he is yet to prove otherwise as hasn't used his car in awhile

Hope this helps...

BB
Old 04-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #1414
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Could always buy two kits and then have spares... Radiomodels have some parts, but they are very expensive on the car themselves. RCmart also have parts, but no kits...

I bought a RTR kit from Mushy a year or so ago and the car was quick but i had reliabilty issues with it. Au_Nightmare will tell you it was user issues, but he is yet to prove otherwise as hasn't used his car in awhile

Hope this helps...

BB
Will that give me the correct parts to make a front diff?

Au_Nightmare: Does Niki work for Rc-Mushroom?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #1415
Tech Master

lol, Bundy you are a butcher and you know it. Anyone who just keeps applying oil to a one-way without cleaning oild stuff out is asking for it (Mate, I'd hate to have to pull our MSN logs up for everyone on the subject hehehehe )

The 1 hour enduros my CD3 has won speaks reliabilty for itself and you also know why mines sitting on the shelf ATM and it is lack of club numbers & the distance I have to drive - $1.44/ltr for fuel not cheap = just not worth it.

Undies,
Nah Nikis is another shop in HK but operate via EMail, PM me for details. I purchased a 2nd kit (LD3 and CD3) simply because I didn't want to drive hours only to be in a smash and break some cheap part. Also works great as you can have a second diff (with different oil) prebuilt, same goes for shocks etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #1416
Tech Apprentice

Thank you

Shame no body in the US seems to be able to help, Tower and Stormer have nothing.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:47 AM   #1417
Tech Master

Why is that a shame? You would rather pay more for the item and more postage? If thats the case I am sure I can help you out
Old 04-22-2007, 02:00 AM   #1418
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
Why is that a shame? You would rather pay more for the item and more postage? If thats the case I am sure I can help you out
Companies in the US are alot easier to deal with and it be nice to get everything all in one go and save on shipping. Do you know of other US stores that do have them?

I have emailed Rc-Mushroom and Niki to see what they can offer and will go from there. I am also looking at the GPX4 as well, rcmart have them cheap and have spare parts as well.

Thanks again
Old 04-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #1419
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

For a shop in the US, try Nitrohouse. They have almost everything you need for the car. Right now there seems to be a run on clutch parts and gears, but they should be in stock soon. Like Nightmare said, the car is very solid. I was a flame out away from 2nd place in my club race this afternoon in a field of Kyoshos and Mugens (dropped from 2nd to 6th and made 4th)If you get one, you won't be dissapointed. Just keep some spares on hand and give them what for.

As for the race today, that CD3 was MOVIN! I have to try to figure out the gearing and clutch for this Ninja, but it was not slow. Runtime was pretty good (made about 5:15, little more but ran out of gas just before I could make it to the pits!) with that Vantage pipe. On 42s, it was nice and dialed. I'll try to post my setup later this week.

Undies: to make the front diff, use the same parts for the rear:

38252 - diff case
38255 (x2 ) - cap joint
38256 - 10t diff gear
38402 - 12T diff gear
38416-Large Bevel Gear
38278 - O-ring
5x10 washer, e-clip, gasket

That should do it. There is a set with the diff gears all together, but I cannot find the part number. I'll do some searching later. Or you can e-mail Tim at Nitrohouse ([email protected]) and he should be able to helo you out (when you get it, post it)
Old 04-23-2007, 03:23 AM   #1420
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good to hear you're running great Spenz. So how's your 2 speed doing? Did you decide just to stick with the springs that came with the kit? Well we look forward to seeing your setup.

Undies, I sent you a pm. Please check it, mate. Tah.
madcat prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:55 AM   #1421
Tech Apprentice

Update: I have an email back from RC Mushy and they won't do parts Waiting to hear back from Niki and Nitrohouse....

Madcat: You have PM!
Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #1422
Tech Master

I just used the stock 2 speed springs. I pulled it apart, reset it so it would at least shift and turned it back down between 1/4 to 1/2 turn. I can't really hear the shift point (may be the gearing I have on it now, too) but I can see it when I go down the straight. Very linear, almost electric like. I don't have the clutch as agressive as it could be
Old 04-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #1423
Tech Adept

Just got an ofna CD3-Pro...WOW!
Xtreme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 PM   #1424
Tech Master

Welcome to the club!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #1425
Tech Adept