R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #1321
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

i hope what ever you are trying to sell works out for you.

CurveTracer, i just received my new Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz radio set so i'm back up to date now. i decided to get this instead of the 3PKS because of cost. besides the fact that i have the exact 75Mhz version so it will be an easy transition since i have had that radio for over 2 years.

i'm going to mount it up and see how it works, i'll keep you posted.
nitrothugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #1322
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Here's a shot of the chasis and a few others since the rebuild.

You should love the 2.4 Ghz setup. Not having a freq conflict (and a built in fail safe to boot) is well worth the price of admission.
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Cd-3-small-chasis.jpg   Ofna Cd-3-small-full.jpg   Ofna Cd-3-small-side.jpg   Ofna Cd-3-small-side2.jpg  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #1323
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Chassis

Spenzalii,
Appreciate the photo of the team chassis. It looks like the beveled sides keep the chassis from flexing, it should be pretty stiff. From the discussion about 301 raceway and how the racers are practicing now (this week), you may need it to hold off those aggressive racers with the new (and expensive) cars. Especially if drivers ar not slowing down in most of the turns. When I come to race at 301 it will be mid-season so that I'm prepared!
I am considering purchasing a team chassis, I am going to take up a collection for the money, or dig deeper into my lunch money fund.
That CD3 looks like it just came off the show room floor! Its ready for action.
I raced with the gold/red springs F/R at the end of last season, and found the traction and handling is great.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #1324
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrothugg
i hope what ever you are trying to sell works out for you.

CurveTracer, i just received my new Futaba 3PM 2.4Ghz radio set so i'm back up to date now. i decided to get this instead of the 3PKS because of cost. besides the fact that i have the exact 75Mhz version so it will be an easy transition since i have had that radio for over 2 years.
i'm going to mount it up and see how it works, i'll keep you posted.
I was getting concerned ... and was going to loan you one of our M8's with spectrum modules to get you through early season practice and Midwest Series race #1. Fantastic, and I have read that the signal delay is less than the spectrum Pro modules.
Maybe Leisure Hours Raceway will open the on road track for practice in April??
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #1325
Tech Adept

Spenzalii the car looks great! what body you going to run this year?
My car is being made over at the moment in preparation for my first race this sunday, finished painting a new mazda 3 last weekend, got a whole bunch more spares in aswell, so i think i am ready, cant wait. Should be a good laugh if nothing else
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #1326
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz

well it was nothing to it to install. it comes pre-binded from the factory which should help new people. since i have a lipo pack as a receiver battery, i have digital servos for both throttle and steering so it has Futaba's "HRS" mode which is supposed to be even more faster. i have to read up on it to get all the facts.

BTW,
i looked at the picks of that CD3 and now i am ashamed of mine. thats one good looking car.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 AM   #1327
Tech Master

Thanks for the kind words. I stripped almost everything down and either wiped it down or gave it a Simple Green bath before reassembly. No good having a fresh chasis and the rest of your car is covered in grime. I replaced the front and rear knuckles and cleaned and relubed the bearings. The motor is a placeholder for now, as I should have the new hotness before the season gets in full swing. I may get a new thrust bearing while I'm at it for the clutch (the clutch bearings seemed fine, but I may spring for new ones when the engine gets here). I'll figure the real spring rates once I get it started and on the track. First test and tunes are the 18th and 25th, and racing starts in April.

Didn't realize the chasis on the pro wasn't curved on the sides. I should have looked at it closer before I tossed it, I guess. Can't wait to see how the Vantage pipe works out.

Right now I have my Mazda6 body from last year, and a Stratus 3.0 ready for paint, which I'll probably run. I still need to get my airbrush. Otherwise it will be another rattle can special for me.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 PM   #1328
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Hey CurveTracer, it looks like this chicago weather is taking a turn for the better finally!
Old 03-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #1329
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey CurveTracer, it looks like this chicago weather is taking a turn for the better finally!
Yes!!! I was hoping the rain on Friday would wash the salt off of the parking lot at the school so that I could get some engine testing done on Sunday. Keep in touch, I may go out and practice on Sunday afternoon.
Maybe Leisure Hours will open the on road track early this season??
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #1330
Tech Adept

Wish me luck guys, today is my first race with the CD3, went over the car yesterday with a fine tooth comb, everything is ready, lets just hope i am, lol
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #1331
Tech Adept

hey, let me know if you are going out tomorrow (sunday), i'll make the journey to the school. its supposed to be a nice day.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #1332
Tech Adept

spenzalii (or anyone that might know)

is that vantage carbon fiber pipe ROAR legal? have you heard of anyone denting it?
Old 03-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #1333
Tech Addict

Talking

Quote:
spenzalii (or anyone that might know)

is that vantage carbon fiber pipe ROAR legal? have you heard of anyone denting it?
Yea! I guess the question is kind of ... can it survive a demolition derby (first turn at the beginnning of a race) ??
Old 03-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #1334
Tech Master

I believe they are ROAR legal. I have not seen one break or dent, but I'm thinking the stinger could be a problem, since the newer ones have the wider, reinforced stinger. A guy at the shop ran one and loved it. The only problem he had was the pipe came loose and started to drag, which started to make the pipe split.

As for durability, check out their website. There is a video at the bottom of the page that may answer your questions. Check it out HERE

Oh, and the new hotness came in last night...
Old 03-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #1335
Tech Adept

Default VANTAGE

well i checked their site and i see they redid the stingers on almost all their pipes. the video with them banging the two pipes together is funny. i will pick up one later in the season.