R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #1141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Nightmare
Slight dent where the stinger is. Nothing major, but enough for me to freexe it anyway. I really only got it because it was hard to beat the price on it. I'll most likely get that Vantage pipe next week and see how that RB likes it. If it doesn't work out, the Skyline can go back on.

Delta
I think the EPA (end point adjustment) is where you set max travel for the servo. You're thinking the correct thing though (you can set the percentag eof how much servo throw you get on the fly with the XS3).
Old 09-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #1142
Tech Master

Also be sure you have a decent spring on the brake linkage, you may have to play around with this a bit but as soon as you start going from idle position its nice to have the brakes starting to engage up until your EPA.

I have two springs on mine, each side of the brake linkage. This way you can pre tension the springs to give the correct amount of pressure. I tried fuel tube but it engages it too hard too fast for a one-way setup. (springs from pens)

spenzalii, I plan on using a Skyline pipe this w/end but I am going to putty the stinger up first
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #1143
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
spenzalii, I plan on using a Skyline pipe this w/end but I am going to putty the stinger up first
Probably not a bad idea. I just hate the way it looks. Aestetics aside, I'd do it with my next pipe for sure!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #1144
Tech Master

Bloody h-e-double hockey sticks! The clutch adjustment nut finally died. I guess trying to swap motors wasn't the best idea after all. Oh well, there has been too much rain this weekend anyway. I'll order an Ofna and Mugen version (I hope that one is made of steel) and replace it this week. Hopefully I'll have both cars runnig by Saturday. The LD3 can run, but I want to replace the steering rack while I have it apart. The aluminum rack always had some play in it for some reason, so I'll order the plastic rack and use the bearings. If I was smart when I built the CD3 I would have kept the plastic rack from that, but I'm not smart. Live and learn. So that's clutch adjuster nuts, clutch tool (may as well get it over with), steering rack and the obligatory set of tires. Nitrohouse is going to love me. On another note, once I get the aluminum tranny mount, I will have a CD3 Pro Team spec car. Not that I can drive it much better than the pro, but it's nice to know I'd have optioned the car out.

All that plus the Vantage pipe. This is why the 4Tec, the Savage and now the Mini LST are so far from finished. Well, that's what the off season is for!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #1145
Tech Adept

Looks like Nitro House is really goiong to be loving you Spenzalii
So what options does one need for it to be factory team spec?
also where do you guys set ur clutch to take? early or late? i think mine is a tad bit late, as the ass always steps out powering out of a corner.

Had a blast with my CD3 this weekend, still need to work on the braking a little but its getting better. looks like i need to do a little work on the 2 speed aswell as it didnt shift at all this weekend.
Delta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 01:12 AM   #1146
Tech Master

Let me know how the alloy center mount goes, though I can't see myself buying one (don't fix whats not broken).

Rained on the w/end so didn't get to run the CD3 with new pipe

Delta, mines early but might move it back up a little now I have the ass stepping out fixed
Old 09-04-2006, 02:20 AM   #1147
Tech Adept

Nightmare what did you do to fix the ass stepping out?
although i love seeing the ass come out, i need to be very carefull when cornering.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:29 AM   #1148
Tech Master

its a message to you actually :P
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...30#post2600730
Old 09-04-2006, 02:48 AM   #1149
Tech Adept

LOL thanks will give it a try
Old 09-04-2006, 06:00 AM   #1150
Tech Adept

Quick question, the downstop screws in the lower a arms that are used to adjust ride height, do you tighten them to raise the ride height or loosen them?
cant find anything in the manual. thanks
Old 09-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #1151
Tech Addict

hi delta, you dont actually use those screws to set ride height, you set ride height with the adjusters on the springs, those screws you mention are for setting droop(basiclly diference from when the car is sitting on ground and lift the car up until the wheels are about to come off the ground) somewhere earlier in this forum i think theres a link to download the huddy setup book.
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #1152
Tech Adept

Thanks Mcfly, i did read the Hudy set up book and it also states that they are for the droop, but in the instruction manual it says adjust these grub screws to set ride height
so is it, more droop = tighter?
or, less droop = tighter?

thanks for all the help
Old 09-04-2006, 06:37 AM   #1153
Tech Addict

more droop would be unscrewing them, anticlockwise.(loosen to get more droop)
if you sit the car on its own weight and ride height is 5mm, then pick up chasis until wheels are about to leave ground and it measures 10mm then you have 5 mm droop.
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #1154
Tech Adept

Thanks Mcfly!
just what i needed to know
Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #1155
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9
Looks like Nitro House is really goiong to be loving you Spenzalii
So what options does one need for it to be factory team spec?
According to the box, the only difference in the Pro and Pro team are:

Aluminum servo saver
Aluminum throttle servo mount
Aluminum center diff holder
Graphite shock tower/arm holder
Aluminum lower arm holders
Aluminum center drive shafts

I suppose you could throw the monoengine mount in there if you want, but I don't think it was an option when the car was first released. To be honest, the only things I would truly recommend are the arm holders and the servo saver. I can't vouch 100% on the shock towers only because I have broken them twice, and never broke the original plastic ones. They do give you a bit more adjustability. The monoblock mount makes setting the gearmesh easier, but it's not one of those gotta-have-it things. The driveshafts are a little lighter, but again, nothing you gotta have.