R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2006, 02:32 AM   #901
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpster1
Thanks guys (BB and au). You have no idea how much help you've been. BUT, I still can't get the damn caps off of the shocks. I'm affraid to crush the plastic housing with the pliers since that is the only way that I can seem to get any grip.

I'm running 5k in the rear diff and I spoke with one of the guys that run at my local track and he said that almost all of the guys there put diff oil in the diff housing about 1/2 full. He said that it will help keep it cool and running smoother, so I was like, okay! I guess that he spoke with Jeff Lin and Paul Coleman from OFNA about this and the gearing and they said that so far my setup was pretty good. I'm hoping to meet them this summer so that they can give me some other pointers.

Thanks again guys!
No Problems

Sorry can't assist on the shock front as i also have the HN version with the Alloy Shocks.

Spenzalii:

From what i understand NHouse don't ship outside of the US. I am under the impression Ofna are full steam ahead with the GPX4 an we might see a change in the line up... I hope i am wrong though for the US market.

BB
Old 02-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #902
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Spenzalii:

From what i understand NHouse don't ship outside of the US. I am under the impression Ofna are full steam ahead with the GPX4 an we might see a change in the line up... I hope i am wrong though for the US market.

BB
Hmm, that would be a slight problem on the shipping. Not sure what they're doing on that GPX stateside just yet, so I'm not going to worry about parts support for their shaft drive lineup just yet. They should still keep plenty of stock, and barring a fire I usually keep enough spares to fix whatever could break.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #903
Tech Master

Quick question: what starter box are you guys using? I have the silver Ofna multistart for my LD3, but figure I'll need to switch up once the CD3 comes in. I'm eying the lightweight one Ofna has for it, but would like to consider all my options.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #904
Tech Master

Running a silver thunder tiger one, 775 motor etc. Kinda looks like this Ofna one - Its years and years old, only time its missed a beat really is when it was being used by a young fellow who think was not fully pushing down and caused a hot/burnt connection on the contacts..

She starts the 1/8 buggy and CD3

SLA battery just fits in, think its a 7000mah one. Mines quite old now though, modifications:
- Switch on side to turn off start feature so she dont start going crazy in the boot of the car
- Contacts drive two 40A relays to avoid future burnt/damaged contacts.
- Charge port so I can charge battery without removing (just like my CD3 hehe)
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #905
Tech Master

yup, that's the one I have. How do you have the pegs set up for the car to sit on? I would imagine it would have to hang off the left side to touch the flywheel. Either way, I'd have to move the motor from the LD3 position it's in now anyway. Not a bad thing, but it hould make using both cars at the same time a pain.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #906
Tech Master

I used to start my LD3 in the same position as in photo - because I was also using box for 1/8 buggy. The LD3 just faces the "wrong way" so engine is turned in correct direction.

No, pegs not in as I use for 1/8 buggy and 1/10 touring cars.. The CD3 hangs off to the side but no issues in starting like this. Id put it back and just put the LD3 on backwards (front of car facing rear of box)
Old 02-27-2006, 01:50 AM   #907
Tech Elite

Default Bad Day!

Hey Guys!

Well nine laps into the opening race yesterday i lost all drive and came to a complete stop at the end of the back straight. The marshall removed the car from the track to reveal that one of the gears had left the clutchbell and taken three screws from the 2 speed housing with it. I rebuilt it all between heats applying loctite on the gear. During the warmup i had no 2 speed, i came in for fuel to go to the grid when again the gear parted company. Only this time as you can see from the photos it stripped the 2 speed.

I looked at it last night and the one way bearing was locked onto the shaft and when it came to hit 2nd it threw the gear off the clutch bell.

i have also managed to strip the exhaust header again

I am totally over "Project CD3" at the moment and reckon at this rate i should have kept & run my GV BV1, it may have been the cheaper option.

BB
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Cd-3-img_0862.jpg   Ofna Cd-3-img_0864.jpg  
Old 02-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #908
Tech Master

A fix for that exhaust header is to use a longer screw and tighten it down with a locknut. That solved the problem for me when I ran a side exhaust.

As for that tranny, Can't say how the one way broke the clutch bell gear loose. If the bearing did freeze, you should have been stuck in 2nd gear. Unless the mesh was off from the beginning (which is possible)

Looking at the manual I'm trying to figure out why you used screws in the first place. On the 1.0 module gears the pinion gears are held on by a C-clip. That would explain teh groove that was cut into the gear.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #909
Tech Master

They are my old gears / holders, Converted them to use screws before I went to 0.8 but yes it seems the one-way failed for some reason....
Old 02-28-2006, 04:07 AM   #910
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii
A fix for that exhaust header is to use a longer screw and tighten it down with a locknut. That solved the problem for me when I ran a side exhaust.

As for that tranny, Can't say how the one way broke the clutch bell gear loose. If the bearing did freeze, you should have been stuck in 2nd gear. Unless the mesh was off from the beginning (which is possible)

Looking at the manual I'm trying to figure out why you used screws in the first place. On the 1.0 module gears the pinion gears are held on by a C-clip. That would explain teh groove that was cut into the gear.
Spenzalii:

I have used a longer screw with a locknut on the inside hole, but the outside it is impossibe because of the way the header bends back. And this is were the problem lies.

The bearing is bit of a mystrey, The shaft were it was located has a black marking left on it. I have noticed a bit of heat being transmitted from the engine through the tranny, maybe this didn't help.

I am over it all... thinking seriously of buying a copy of W.O.WarCraft and having some game time

BB
Old 02-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #911
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Spenzalii:

I have used a longer screw with a locknut on the inside hole, but the outside it is impossibe because of the way the header bends back. And this is were the problem lies.

BB
Depends on how long the screw is. I cut the screw just long enough for it to thread thru the locknut and held the locknut with a needle nose plier while threading the screw thru.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:46 PM   #912
Tech Master

Ah HA! So there is room BB!! :P
Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 AM   #913
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Just two engines

Hi guys just got 2 JP fx engine
FX 12 T-03M (Turbo-EFRA)
Already famous all around the world, the FX 12 T03 has been modified in order to give more power to this already class leading 3 port in accordance with current EFRA rules.

The piston and liner has been revised to produce more power, in accordance with this the crankshaft timing has been revised along with a differing chamfer angle internally to the crankshaft to further optimise the flow. Again, the engine can be fitted with the ceramic bearing option that improves RPM, engine life and decreases fuel consumption.

Note: JP Racing and Ben Racing take no reponsibilty for twisted driveshafts or broken belts due to the power of this engines !
FX21 B8T (Off Road 8 Port Turbo)
ABC modified sleeve, 8 ports with 2 By-Pass (for the conrod’s lubrication) and two boosters for the exhaust (improves the gas outflow and preserves the consumption).
The last generation conrod is lightened. The piston is also pierced to lubricate the conrod head.

The modified and lightened crankshaft is filled with the special red putty which is positionned to improve the gas passage.

This new carburetor has a better thermal insulation with the crankcase and a better cooling at the full speed needle thanks to its moulded ribs. This new carburetor conception avoids the vapor-lock and gives a more constant adjustment (air-fuel) particularly at high temperature.
we Today i have job cut out for me . i will try to break them on My Engine Break-in bench..
Old 03-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #914
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Oh yeah JPs are sick fast. They are only great if your track is half the size of a football field or so.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:09 PM   #915
Tech Adept

Default Yo!!!!HarKonnenD

HarKonnenD i will let you know what FX 21 B-8T is about,,,,, am test it on sunday .... i ran six tank of fuel on the bench trust me the engine is loose.. but the bitch give me a hard time with the hand starter. turbex rubber insert got distoryed,,,,,,