Old 01-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #811
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
HO you dont race at Brendale do you?
Slo_MTX4:

I haven't in a while no...

I mainly race at the clubs on the Southside, mainly at BRCCC (www.brccc.org.au).

H_O
Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #812
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello All,

I'm relatively new to the race scene, and am trying to build up my CD3 RTR Sport. I have the 0.8 gears to build and put together, so that is the first major upgrade. Does anyone know what the major difference is that I will see once I get them installed? I finally bought an FM radio, JR XS3 and I only installed the Z570 servo, and that was a pain because the metal gear was slightly larger than the original arm, so it took a little hammering to get the arm on for the steering. Other than that, it's pretty much stock. I am in the process of installing a new switch to allow me to charge the battery without taking it out. Does anyone know where to go to get Hop-Ups for this car? Does many of the LD3 parts fit?

Thanks for any help.
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #813
Tech Adept

Default PK Racing got all the upgrade parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpster1
Hello All,

I'm relatively new to the race scene, and am trying to build up my CD3 RTR Sport. I have the 0.8 gears to build and put together, so that is the first major upgrade. Does anyone know what the major difference is that I will see once I get them installed? I finally bought an FM radio, JR XS3 and I only installed the Z570 servo, and that was a pain because the metal gear was slightly larger than the original arm, so it took a little hammering to get the arm on for the steering. Other than that, it's pretty much stock. I am in the process of installing a new switch to allow me to charge the battery without taking it out. Does anyone know where to go to get Hop-Ups for this car? Does many of the LD3 parts fit?

Thanks for any help.
[QUOTE]
web address http://www.pkracing.nl/index.html
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM   #814
Tech Master

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks for any help.
May of been cheaper to use the sport as spares and buy a Pro kit?.
0.8 - Much easier to change gear ratio and more reliable, centax = adjustable clutch so you can set engagement point to give you more / less punch.

RE: Servo, huh? You did change the black servo spline insert in the horn to the correct one? you should have 3 different types of inserts. You should only have to push them on.

LD3 hopups for front and rear of car will fit (ie alloy sway bars, alloy lower arm holders etc) and things like engine mono mount are great for helping to set the gear mesh.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:58 AM   #815
Tech Addict

Default Say NO To Belt Drive :(

Howdy...

Today i once again tried to have some track time with my RRR. The photo below will show you in more detail, but this is the second time in three runs i have had a problem with this pulley

And in between that, the rear belt snapped.

au_Nightmare: Shut up...

H_O
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Cd-3-img_0827.jpg  
Old 01-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #816
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

See the problem you have is that you have a Kyosho, try a Mugen and you wont have this problem!!!!

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:51 AM   #817
Tech Addict

hi Daniel i dont know about that i just got a 13 sec lap on virtual rc at oslo with a kyosho
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #818
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

lol, You must have been using 30%!

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #819
Tech Adept

Hey HO
how did you do that to the pulley???? I have the orginal pulley and have changed the belt once on my car in a season of racing which i raced every weekend.

stay with the kyosho
Dan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:39 AM   #820
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D
Hey HO
how did you do that to the pulley???? I have the orginal pulley and have changed the belt once on my car in a season of racing which i raced every weekend.

stay with the kyosho

Dan D:

I bought the car 2nd hand off a friend, i noticed the pulley was slipping when i got the car, so i pulled the rear end down and found it to be worn around were the pin sits through. But i rotated it too the other pin mounting location rather then replacing the pulley. A little more track time and i lost drive to the rear end and you can see the result

I have always had a good run with Kyosho products, but my driving style seems to better suited for shaft drives rather then belts as does my maintenance skills

H_O
Old 01-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #821
Tech Adept

Anyone can tell me which screws are you using on the braking system on the cd3 my spring are getting jam...
thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 01:04 PM   #822
Tech Master

Just the ones the manual said to. Check you pads, the stick on pads if not lined up with the holes can get stuck on the threads so if thats the case just clean her up so the hole is big enough.

I am using craddlock discs so im using steel pads with no stick on material but dont recall a problem when I was using the stick on material.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 AM   #823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

FYI - Whoever stated that the 0.8 gearing would mesh with the CD3 RTR Sport, is a liar. I got the gearing on, but it hangs too low, I need to shim up the gearing and brake braket. Also, I need to change out the bellhousing gears because they are too thick. Anyone know where to get a decent, yet inexpensive bellhouseing and gear for a Force .12, 3 shoe clutch?

Thanks for any information.
Ex-One Eighth Racers of Toledo member :( no mo money
trumpster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:46 AM   #824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

If you are going to the 0.8 gears, you have to swap both the spur gear AND the clutch offered here: http://nitrohouse.com/options,_ld3_pg_4.htm

That will have everything you need
Old 01-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #825
Tech Master

Remember your thread - ? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...42#post2017442

Can't see anywhere anyone said it would mesh, the link three50zx gave you was for both 2 speed and clutch and I did say if you could find a 0.8 bell you could use that - I don't think anyone is a lair?

Does it hang too low as in hangs under the chassis or rubs on the chassis? If it rubs well remove some chassis! The 2 speed mount is the same in RTR and CD3 pro.

Look for a 0.8 bell, thats your cheap way out. (Maybe from a NTC3?)

(Force .12 ? I thought you must of been running a bump start, don't even think of getting a centax - they need a SG crank)

Quote:
FYI - Whoever stated that the 0.8 gearing would mesh with the CD3 RTR Sport, is a liar. I got the gearing on, but it hangs too low, I need to shim up the gearing and brake braket.

Last edited by au_Nightmare; 01-12-2006 at 01:22 PM.