R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-16-2005, 05:26 PM   #616
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
If you buy the Ofna springs you'll get a spring chart with it!

Blue 17.0 lbs.
Red 19.5
Copper 25.0
Purple 30
Yellow 35
White 40

Regarding setup, it's difficult to pin down the team guys to post that much info, they're usually too busy working at Ofna (answering questions about MT's and buggy's!. BTW you might be able call customer service and talk directly to them! If they're in a good mood.) Only Marc C. and myself don't work there. None of the guys on the team really run the same setup anyway! If you took the time to read back upon this thread, I've posted a low bite setup.

I think you need to elongate your shocks via the longer, taller, shock caps when you change to the graphite towers...
I understand there is too much information to post. Most RC Race car companies have their drivers place a setup sheet on there website after a major race, Nationals, Regionals, etc....... Thanks for the requested info, will check your previous post for setup. Oh yeah, I went to the long shock cap when I bought the Graphite shock tower. I am going to put the car on the setup board and try to test this weekend. Will keep you posted.

thanks again,
three
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #617
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by three50zx
... Most RC Race car companies have their drivers place a setup sheet on there website after a major race, Nationals, Regionals, etc....... three
I agree, I wish Ofna would do so also. It think it really helps new prospective buyers.

Good luck with your car!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #618
Tech Master

Currently running:

Front:
White spring (40lbs)
35wt oil - 2 hole (small holes)
one-way
sway-bar 45Deg

Rear:
Yellow Spring (35lbs)
35wt oil - 2 hole (the larger holes)
sway-bar 45Deg
Diff - Nomally run 100k oil diff but if loosing ass end on power due to low traction track looser diff in and/or engage centax clutch earlier.
Rear toe 3deg i think

Other settings id have to check.

I came to that setup after racing on a high traction track but funny enough found it was good on low traction also. Better then the soft setup I had been trying.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:58 PM   #619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default current setup

Front:

Toe: .5 out
Camber: 2
Droop: 3
Oil: 40wt
Spring: Copper
Shock Pos: Inner whole on tower, drilled an extra outer hole on arm.
Upper Arm: Lowest hole on graphite mount
Ackerman: Outer whole on steering rack, middle hole on knuckle.
One-way

Rear:

Toe: 1.5
Camber: 2.5
Droop: 4
Oil: 40
Shock Position: 3rd hole out on tower, outer hole on arm.
Upper Arm: Same as front.
6 gear diff with 120,000

I run 42's at 58mm with a ride height of 4.5 in the rear and 4 in the front.

Hope this helps.

Chris @ OFNA

Last edited by C Verano; 05-17-2005 at 07:40 AM.
C Verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:40 PM   #620
Tech Elite

Default Re: current setup

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Front:

Toe: .5 out
Camber: 2
Droop: 3
Oil: 40wt
Shock Pos: Inner whole on tower, drilled an extra outer hole on arm.
Upper Arm: Lowest hole on graphite mount
Ackerman: Outer whole on steering rack, middle whole on knuckle.
One-way

Rear:

Toe: 1.5
Camber: 2.5
Droop: 4
Oil: 40
Shock Position: 3rd hole out on tower, outer hole on arm.
Upper Arm: Same as front.
6 gear diff with 120,000

I run 42's at 58mm with a ride height of 4.5 in the rear and 4 in the front.

Hope this helps.

Chris @ OFNA
Well, okay, Chris has time. Nice!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:08 AM   #621
Tech Adept

Where do you guys get your parts ? I'm looking for differential parts and cannot find them anywhere.

NitroHouse does not ship to Canada ( international )
Tower Hobbies is not listed with the parts i need.
StormerHobbies has been on back order for months from Ofna.
My local hobby shop cannot order because Horizon is not listed and neither is great planes.

Anywhere else that ships to Canada ?
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:39 AM   #622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by charlesd
Where do you guys get your parts ? I'm looking for differential parts and cannot find them anywhere.

NitroHouse does not ship to Canada ( international )
Tower Hobbies is not listed with the parts i need.
StormerHobbies has been on back order for months from Ofna.
My local hobby shop cannot order because Horizon is not listed and neither is great planes.

Anywhere else that ships to Canada ?
Contact Kevin at [email protected] . He ships to Canada.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 AM   #623
Tech Master

Champion tip - many thanks for that one
My craddlock anti-lock brakes arrived today though over the weekend I fitted C1 XR discs. Being a 1/8 buggy discs should be interesting on how they go, if they fade etc. (Have not raced with them yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink2
I haven't been racing lately, but I have been playing with those Craddock Racing Brake Disks for the Jammin' buggies on the CD3. (I found them on Ebay.)
Old 05-25-2005, 08:16 AM   #624
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by au_Nightmare
Champion tip - many thanks for that one
My craddlock anti-lock brakes arrived today though over the weekend I fitted C1 XR discs. Being a 1/8 buggy discs should be interesting on how they go, if they fade etc. (Have not raced with them yet.)
Just be careful to not over-torque your throttle servo with too much brake, the adjustment window is smaller with the Craddock's.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 AM   #625
Tech Adept

Default 6 gear diff locking up

I am having problems with my 6 gear diff locking up. This happens no matter what wt diff oil I use. When I got my car it came with 4 gear diff. I would like to run a 6 gear diff, if possible. Instead of purchasing the 6 gear diff conversion kit, I just bought 2, 12t large gear. Does anyone know if it is necessary to purchase the 6 gear diff (12tx2 and 10x4) part#38403 in order to make it work. I was told that I would only have to convert the large gears in the diff and reuse the 10t gear from the 4 gear diff and purchase the cross pins for 6 gear conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
three
Old 05-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #626
Tech Master

I run a KO-2174 (166oz) on the thottle I just get it roughly right then adjust the EPA on the fly depending on traction of the track with a bit of fuel line to help buffer the servo's actions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink2
Just be careful to not over-torque your throttle servo with too much brake, the adjustment window is smaller with the Craddock's.
three50zx, you have the shims in behind the large gears? (and they are smaller then the ones you pulled out correct?)
Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #627
Tech Adept

three50zx, you have the shims in behind the large gears? (and they are smaller then the ones you pulled out correct?)[/QUOTE]

Au, Yes I have the shims behind the large gear. Is this where my problems resides. I put the ones in that I pulled out, 5x10mm washer (pn38632). If you have a part number or size that would be great. Please advise.

thanks,
three
Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #628
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to CD3 RACING Send a message via MSN to CD3 RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by three50zx
Instead of purchasing the 6 gear diff conversion kit, I just bought 2, 12t large gear. Does anyone know if it is necessary to purchase the 6 gear diff (12tx2 and 10x4) part#38403 in order to make it work. I was told that I would only have to convert the large gears in the diff and reuse the 10t gear from the 4 gear diff and purchase the cross pins for 6 gear conversion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
three
You have to get 2 of the 10t gear and the cross shafts.Just order the 6 gear kits for Nitro house.Youll have to call them.Just tell them you didnt see it on the web and ask about the 15% discount.I bought 3 sets of them from nitro house.
CD3 RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #629
Tech Adept

Cd3, I have all the parts, my problem is the mesh. Are there special shims for the 6 gear diff?
Old 05-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #630
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Good question. Once you figure it out, let me know. I have bought many of the 6 gear diffs, pulled everything and still have a problem with the diffs lockingup at time ti time. I'm wondering if I need to remove the shims and see how it works. For a minute I thoughhht the screws (2x8, cut down a bit) were the problem, so I found soem 2x6 machine screws. But it still has its moments.

In unrelated moves, I snapped the output shaft on my HiTec steering servo. Since I'm on a bit of a budget for now, I got a set of Blue Bird servos. Nice specs and nice price. However, the steering servo is a bit taller than I wanted. I had to install a spacer under the servo to make it fit. I'll see how that works.