Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #601
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 2 speed spurs

Quote:
Originally posted by madcat prime
Hi all

Can I just change the 1.0 spurs from my 2 speed assembly to the 0.8 gears or do I have to replace the whole assembly? I can use the mugen centax and pinions on the cd3 when I have the 0.8 spurs right?
You have to change the whole 2-speed. The Mugen clutch will work with the .8 gears.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #602
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks C Verano. I was hoping for a simple (and cheap!) spur replacement instead of the whole assembly. Guess I'll stick with the 1.0 pitch for now. Thanks again.
madcat prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #603
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks C Verano. I was hoping for a simple (and cheap!) spur replacement instead of the whole assembly. Guess I'll stick with the 1.0 pitch for now. Thanks again.
No problem.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:52 AM   #604
Tech Adept

Default Need a front Diff for the CD3

If anyone has an extra front diff that they would like to sell please let me know. Need one for our small parking lot track.
email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks
fastrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #605
Tech Apprentice

Default NTC3 centax from KFactory

I just realized that I have a brand new centax clutch for the NTC3 by KFactory in one of my parts box. Have any of you tried to fit it on the CD3 or am I better off getting the OFNA/Hong Nor or the Mugen clutch instead and sell this one? I don't want to open the package then sell it as second hand if it don't fit. From pictures I've seen, centax clutches look very identical. Your expert knowledge would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #606
Tech Elite

Default Re: NTC3 centax from KFactory

Quote:
I just realized that I have a brand new centax clutch for the NTC3 by KFactory in one of my parts box. Have any of you tried to fit it on the CD3 or am I better off getting the OFNA/Hong Nor or the Mugen clutch instead and sell this one? I don't want to open the package then sell it as second hand if it don't fit. From pictures I've seen, centax clutches look very identical. Your expert knowledge would be welcomed. Thanks in advance.
I think it'll work...
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #607
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate the input. Anyone else?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:11 AM   #608

Hi guys,
What size battery are you using in your car, AAA, AA or 2/3 A?
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:32 AM   #609
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xrcbuggy
Hi guys,
What size battery are you using in your car, AAA, AA or 2/3 A?
The car uses the same battery as the MTX-3. I believe they are AAA's.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:30 PM   #610

any good source for hump AAA NIMH battery, having hard time to find it.
xrcbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #611
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by xrcbuggy
any good source for hump AAA NIMH battery, having hard time to find it.
Call Nitrohouse at 800 928 0304. They should have the pack in stock.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #612
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to CD3 RACING Send a message via MSN to CD3 RACING

Does anyone know of any after market parts offered for the CD3?I know nitro house offers parts but is there anyone else.
CD3 RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #613
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by CD3 RACING
Does anyone know of any after market parts offered for the CD3?I know nitro house offers parts but is there anyone else.
I haven't been racing lately, but I have been playing with those Craddock Racing Brake Disks for the Jammin' buggies on the CD3. (I found them on Ebay.) To use them, it requires removing the pads from the calipers and pulling the pins off of the brake cam. Subsequently the screws that hold the assembly to the center block must be readjusted. I sandwiched two together to spread the load on the cam a bit, but it can be setup many different ways. Brake fade be gone.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #614
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody have a spring rate chart for the Ofna brand springs? I used to run the NTC3 and I am currently using Associated springs on this car. I got the CD3 from a friend of mine and immediately put the graphite shock towers on but need some suggestions with shock position F/R upper and lower. I am currently using SNR LD3 setup because Ofna CD3 setup sheet is not available on the Ofna website. Most to all companies that have a race car usually provide a baseline or sponsored racer setup sheet for the public to view. SNR's setup sheet only shows the plastic shock tower positions. Considering the LD3 and CD3 are different lead me to ask for help. I tried the setup this past weekend but the rear end kept sliding out. I changed the rear tires to 37s and it drove a little better but I know this car can run with the best.

The surface I race on is treated Asphalt (parking lot), 110ftx70ft. The surface is some what slick and a tight layout. Most to all the racers get good grip with 40s all around. I am running:
Front
40 shore
Front one-way
AE copper springs
60wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2 camber
droop 2mm
antiroll bar 0
toe angle 0
caster 11

Rear
40 shore
rear diff 10k 4 gear
AE copper springs
40wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2.5 camber
toe angle 2
antiroll bar 0
droop 4mm

This is my first Ofna car, any help would greatly be appreciated.

three
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cnv0074.jpg (75.6 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by three50zx; 05-16-2005 at 10:10 AM.
three50zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 01:47 PM   #615
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by three50zx
Does anybody have a spring rate chart for the Ofna brand springs? I used to run the NTC3 and I am currently using Associated springs on this car. I got the CD3 from a friend of mine and immediately put the graphite shock towers on but need some suggestions with shock position F/R upper and lower. I am currently using SNR LD3 setup because Ofna CD3 setup sheet is not available on the Ofna website. Most to all companies that have a race car usually provide a baseline or sponsored racer setup sheet for the public to view. SNR's setup sheet only shows the plastic shock tower positions. Considering the LD3 and CD3 are different lead me to ask for help. I tried the setup this past weekend but the rear end kept sliding out. I changed the rear tires to 37s and it drove a little better but I know this car can run with the best.

The surface I race on is treated Asphalt (parking lot), 110ftx70ft. The surface is some what slick and a tight layout. Most to all the racers get good grip with 40s all around. I am running:
Front
40 shore
Front one-way
AE copper springs
60wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2 camber
droop 2mm
antiroll bar 0
toe angle 0
caster 11

Rear
40 shore
rear diff 10k 4 gear
AE copper springs
40wt shock oil/ 2 hole
2.5 camber
toe angle 2
antiroll bar 0
droop 4mm

This is my first Ofna car, any help would greatly be appreciated.

three
If you buy the Ofna springs you'll get a spring chart with it!

Blue 17.0 lbs.
Red 19.5
Copper 25.0
Purple 30
Yellow 35
White 40

Regarding setup, it's difficult to pin down the team guys to post that much info, they're usually too busy working at Ofna (answering questions about MT's and buggy's!. BTW you might be able call customer service and talk directly to them! If they're in a good mood.) Only Marc C. and myself don't work there. None of the guys on the team really run the same setup anyway! If you took the time to read back upon this thread, I've posted a low bite setup.

I think you need to elongate your shocks via the longer, taller, shock caps when you change to the graphite towers...

Last edited by kevink2; 05-16-2005 at 01:56 PM.