R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2005, 01:29 PM   #571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Congrats to my Ofna buddies Marc Cruz (2nd) and Jeff Lin (4th) for there excellent performances this past weekend at the Airtronics Champs at Revelation Raceway. Also congrats to Ofna/Kyosho guy Chris Verano for his victory in 1/8th scale!
Thanks Kevin.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:22 PM   #572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey congrats to Mark Cruz and Jeffrey for thier 2nd and 4th place finish and posting 15.7 laps. I think thats the fastest lap ever for that layout. the other one that posted that laptime was darin so you and him were going pretty fast. Also congrats to Chris V. for another win in 1/8. Now i'm gonna cash in on my free lunch from Mark Cruz.

Last edited by jwf_frani; 03-14-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #573
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
hey congrats to Mark Cruz and Jeffrey for thier 2nd and 4th place finish and posting 15.7 laps. I think thats the fastest lap ever for that layout. the other one that posted that laptime was darin so you and him were going pretty fast. Also congrats to Chris V. for another win in 1/8. Now i'm gonna cash in on my free lunch from Mark Cruz.

Thanks Francis..
Old 03-14-2005, 09:21 PM   #574
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I agree with Francis. The Ofna cars looked GOOD! Congratulations Marc! I told you I would move over for you.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I agree with Francis. The Ofna cars looked GOOD! Congratulations Marc! I told you I would move over for you.
You also deserve a big slap on the back Peter, good job!
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:32 AM   #576
Tech Regular

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
Ha ha, Francis. Anyway thanks for the kind words. Darin really put on a show this weekend. Congrats. Thanks to my Ofna teamates for their support and especially to MASTER LIN.
MCRUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #577
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default CVD excessive slop

I seem to have an excessive amount of slop in my front cvds. It's either the bearings or the cvd where it rides in the bearings. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried a new set of bearings and it's about the same. The rear has none. Any ideas?
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:00 AM   #578
Tech Elite

Default Re: CVD excessive slop

Quote:
Originally posted by SRAD
I seem to have an excessive amount of slop in my front cvds. It's either the bearings or the cvd where it rides in the bearings. Has anyone else had this problem? I tried a new set of bearings and it's about the same. The rear has none. Any ideas?
For some reason a lot of mine seemed to disappear when I changed out the Ofna hex adapters to the aluminum ones made by Kawahara for the MTX-3.

Another cool thing Kawahara makes are the knurled wheel nuts...
Old 03-20-2005, 07:19 PM   #579
Tech Master

Default Hex adapters

Kevin.....does it have to be the adapters that Kawahara makes or can various aftermaket ones work also? I can't find any from Kawahara as their stuff can be hard to get as you know. I have found a couple of other brands that make them for other cars....you think they might work? I assume that the axle for most 1/10 cars are the same diameter where the wheels bolt on. Thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #580
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hex adapters

Quote:
Kevin.....does it have to be the adapters that Kawahara makes or can various aftermaket ones work also? I can't find any from Kawahara as their stuff can be hard to get as you know. I have found a couple of other brands that make them for other cars....you think they might work? I assume that the axle for most 1/10 cars are the same diameter where the wheels bolt on. Thanks
You can use the hex adapters from the MTX-3. I've been using them without any trouble.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #581
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Does the CD3 conversion come with the .08 gears.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:59 PM   #582
Tech Master

nsxshogun - no, also you will need exhaust system and a CD3 type one-way..
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #583
Tech Master

Default Vegas

I'll be running the CD3 at the Vegas race next month.....any suggestions for shock oil,droop and springs. Always lots of traction so I guess tires should be in the 42 or 45 range? Sorry I keep asking setup questions but due to the rain here in California I have not been able to run the car yet and the Vegas race will be the first race for me with this car!! Thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #584
Tech Elite

Default Re: Vegas

Quote:
I'll be running the CD3 at the Vegas race next month.....any suggestions for shock oil,droop and springs. Always lots of traction so I guess tires should be in the 42 or 45 range? Sorry I keep asking setup questions but due to the rain here in California I have not been able to run the car yet and the Vegas race will be the first race for me with this car!! Thanks
Not sure about a Vegas set-up...Jeffrey Lin and Marc Cruz will be there and I'm sure they'll be glad to lend you a hand.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM   #585
Tech Elite

Default JLR

Hey, who's that hunky guy in the new CD3 ads in all the mags!?

Congrats Jeff, really nice 2 pager, wow!