Old 10-04-2004, 11:09 PM   #256
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TROPHY DASH

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Oops! I heard the news though, Walter, congrats! But you will definitely get no mercy from us anymore!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii
Angry Diff Problems

Fellas,
The points series is pretty much done over here in MD. Since I won the novice class (horray for me), I'll be moving to the open class. So, more than likely I will either convert my LD3 or just buy the CD3 Pro outright. In any case, the last few races I have been plagued with rear diff problems. I have replaced the gear case, the cap joint, the diff gears, the shims, the screws and still have the problem of the diff locking up from time to tome. It will turn just well then jam up. Needless to say, this creates havoc on the track, where I lost time and position when the car decided it didn't want to corner. The only thing I didn't replace yet is the bevel gear, which is next on the list. Any clues? I plan on tearing it down, replacing all the plastic and getting it clean for next season this weekend.

And congrats to all Ofna drivers. I surely hope they continue to be a presence in the onroad scene.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:18 PM   #258
Tech Elite

Default Re: Diff Problems

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Fellas,
The points series is pretty much done over here in MD. Since I won the novice class (horray for me), I'll be moving to the open class. So, more than likely I will either convert my LD3 or just buy the CD3 Pro outright. In any case, the last few races I have been plagued with rear diff problems. I have replaced the gear case, the cap joint, the diff gears, the shims, the screws and still have the problem of the diff locking up from time to tome. It will turn just well then jam up. Needless to say, this creates havoc on the track, where I lost time and position when the car decided it didn't want to corner. The only thing I didn't replace yet is the bevel gear, which is next on the list. Any clues? I plan on tearing it down, replacing all the plastic and getting it clean for next season this weekend.

And congrats to all Ofna drivers. I surely hope they continue to be a presence in the onroad scene.

On the ring gear side of the diff, try using 2 shims instead of just the one. I've been running the diff with that extra shim and have never had it lock up on me.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #259
Tech Master

Two shims. OK, I'll pull it out and check. I believe I tried 2 shims before and that didn't work, either. They almost feel fine without any oil. Once I add the 120,000 to it and screw it down, it feels fine then locks. very annoying and messy.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:29 AM   #260
Tech Addict

anybody knows if the wheel hex hubs on the cd-3 is "compatible" or same as any of the other cars (v-one-series, mugen etc . . ?). thanks.
prawntoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:47 AM   #261
Tech Master

I know they fit the TB02 but don't fit my Hyper 7 .. Anyone know what other cars?
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:14 AM   #262
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by prawntoe
anybody knows if the wheel hex hubs on the cd-3 is "compatible" or same as any of the other cars (v-one-series, mugen etc . . ?). thanks.
Try the Mugen Mtx-3 hubs.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:54 AM   #263
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Try the Mugen Mtx-3 hubs.
Are you guys talking about the wheel hex adapters? The Kawahara ones for the MTX are nice, as are the knurled wheel nuts. I can't live without the wheel nuts. (Thanks Ryan!)
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:43 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Default RD Pipe

New reinforced pipe (outlaw) from RD Logics:

http://www.rdlogics.com/store/P_336.htm

http://www.rdlogics.com/store/P_339.htm
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:14 PM   #265
Tech Master

So the MTX ones fit no worries? cool

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
Are you guys talking about the wheel hex adapters? The Kawahara ones for the MTX are nice, as are the knurled wheel nuts. I can't live without the wheel nuts. (Thanks Ryan!)
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #266
Tech Master

OOOHHH, that will be my pipe once I get mine...

I'm still toying with the idea of that conversion kit. While I don't really wantto do it since I put so much into converting my LD3 anyway (and plan on getting the Pro kit this off season), It would allow me to run only one starter box. Ah, decisions, decisions...
Old 10-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I finally managed to get my finances up to date, and as of about 10mins ago, I placed an order for a brand spanking new CD3.

Just got the standard sports model though, as in the class I want to run, the pro has stuff I would need to downgrade, and cost wise it would take a lot longer to get out on the track, at least with the stock model I can get out fast and upgrade as I go.

Kind of hard to beat RCmodel.com on price at the moment, a cool $199 for the stock model, which left me with enough money to pick up a Futaba 3PM at the same time...
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:39 AM   #268
Tech Elite

Default PM

Chris,

You have PM..
Old 10-13-2004, 04:28 PM   #269
Tech Elite

Default Re: PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Chris,

You have PM..
Got it.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #270
Tech Elite

A picture taken by Mike Myers of Darin Ishitani's car with Alberto Picco fueling it at the worlds. The body was painted by OFNA driver Kevin Kubota, Mr. Kar Sikk Paintwerks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_3646.jpg (133.8 KB, 230 views)