Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum DX3.0 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Spektrum DX3.0 problems

Tried posting this in the radio forum but got no response, so since I was using the remote for my 1/10th onroads I'll try my luck here.

Ok just purchased this as an upgrade from my old Futaba 3PDF. I have two receivers for it which I've used in two different cars. Both worked good for a bit than for seemingly no damn reason, I lost all steering control and it hung the throttle wide open. Even after powering both the car and radio on/off, still does the same, no steering, throttle goes to wide open and stays there. I bought a new radio hoping to get rid of my old one's glitching issues, now I got two torn up cars. Any clues why this has happened?

Also noticed that when I first switch on the receiver, before the radio has connected to it, the steering will not move but the throttle instantly goes wide open.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default dx3

Im guessing but it seems like you have one of the wires mixed up in the receiver. its worth rechecking it, and make sure radio and receiver packs are charged.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

try to rebind the system again i think this will help the issue
Old 04-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah u have to make sure u have the steering at neutral and throtle at full brake when u do the bind i know a few people with that controler and they have no issues at all
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you need to call horizon friend of mine had a similar problem and they told him to send the radio back to them it was a recall so just call them up give them serial # and take it from there