R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #211
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie d View Post
Thank you It helped me

Contact is going to be the tire of choice for myself and others in our group for our upcoming summer nitro season.

Hey DJ try to make it to the Timezone grandprix . It would be great to have more of you guys from Desoto Racing . Hope to see you there .
I would love to try and make it out there. I have heard great things about the Timezone track. I will have to see when the next big race there is and try to work it in.

When is there next big race?

DJ Apolaro
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #212
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I would love to try and make it out there. I have heard great things about the Timezone track. I will have to see when the next big race there is and try to work it in.

When is there next big race?

DJ Apolaro
They usually Hold their annual race about the third week of July. Mark and Rick and the Timezone crew run a fantastic program not to be missed .
I ran my 1/8Th scale last year with the Contact Tyres and the car felt great all weekend . Hope you can make it .
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Read some bashing on Facebook from a distributor of another tire brand taking shots at Contact.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #214
Tech Apprentice

Default Non-sense

Hey Dan
There is no need for us to follow negativity. We donít and never will talk bad about another brand or make Self Proclaimed false titles, to promote our product. Itís not necessary in this hobby or any other venue. I have never been in corporate sales and know better than that.
Besides, compare our record and market share to theirsÖexactly, get my point? We will continue to offer a good product and good customer service and let it speak for itself
Contact RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #215
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Well put.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact RC View Post
Hey Dan
There is no need for us to follow negativity. We donít and never will talk bad about another brand or make Self Proclaimed false titles, to promote our product. Itís not necessary in this hobby or any other venue. I have never been in corporate sales and know better than that.
Besides, compare our record and market share to theirsÖexactly, get my point? We will continue to offer a good product and good customer service and let it speak for itself
If there was a "Like" button on RcTech I would press it pertaining to the above statement.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #217
Tech Apprentice

Default Green Green Green!

In two days we will converge at the "Fort", to start the state race and then the Winter Nats. We want to take this time wish everyone safe travels and a good time racing.
Team Contact will be well represented, so lets get ready and go Green in two days! I will have tires track side.

Good Racing!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact RC View Post
In two days we will converge at the "Fort", to start the state race and then the Winter Nats. We want to take this time wish everyone safe travels and a good time racing.
Team Contact will be well represented, so lets get ready and go Green in two days! I will have tires track side.

Good Racing!
Ready!
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #219
Tech Apprentice

Default Winter Nats Sedan Champion/Co-champion

Congrats to Paul for his 1st Place win in Sedan, DJ taking second spot and Rafael Angulo taking the fifth position.

https://picasaweb.google.com/dlarry6...70444316573554
Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #220
Tech Elite

Thanks to Kevin and Contact, the tires performed great all weekend. Congrats to Paul for the Win, he drove a great race.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #221
Tech Addict

Contact support needed.

why do Front 35 combined with Rear 40 have more steering than Front 37 combined with Rear 42?

Also would it be possible to run 35 front and 42 rear to get better steering?

Thanks
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #222
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 View Post
Contact support needed.

why do Front 35 combined with Rear 40 have more steering than Front 37 combined with Rear 42?

Thanks
Since all shores are softer you have more traction to those wheels. It should make for the car to have more steering and more stability in the rear.

Yes you can run that split if the conditions call for it.

I will say that it would seem your set-up is not balanced if you find yourself liking the 35/42 combo.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #223
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Contact support needed.

Thanks
You will definitely get more steering running 35F/42R but i wouldn't recommend it, car will be unstable. The rule i go by and have heard from a large consensus is 5 shore split. 35F/40R for example. The reason you are getting more steering is because of the softer front tire. It sounds like your setup needs 35F/40R, maybe 37F/42R is to hard, unless traction is very high. If you want even more steering, try 32F/37R. Me personally, i run 35F/40R. If traction is bad, i may jump down to 32F/37R. Hope this helps
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #224
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Since all shores are softer you have more traction to those wheels. It should make for the car to have more steering and more stability in the rear.

Yes you can run that split if the conditions call for it.

I will say that it would seem your set-up is not balanced if you find yourself liking the 35/42 combo.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
So what would you suggest if i can't get more grip from the front and don't want to loose more from the rear as i am wearing to much the rear tyres.

Thanks DJ as always
speed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #225
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
So what would you suggest if i can't get more grip from the front and don't want to loose more from the rear as i am wearing to much the rear tyres.

Thanks DJ as always
I am having a similar issue but not too bad. My NT1 rips through rear tires. I usually can get a practice and a qualifier before i have to debate if i should true another set. I would check your droop settings, camber, and toe on the front of the car. If you want a little more steering, increase camber slightly.
esckalayd is offline   Reply With Quote