R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #181
Tech Elite

Jack, I have tried several brands of tires on my tc. Nitro shoes work the best. Rims hold up good and tire wear is lower than most.
Now, how about those 1/18 foams? Indoor season is here....
I can give you a real challange.. keep the foam on the rim when I pin the throttle in my LiPo/Mamba powered M18! I believe it is faster than my 1/10 nitro TC.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #182
Tech Initiate

Default Re: CHINA???????????

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
GQ Tires are made in Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whether it's made in HK, Kowloon, Peking, Shanghai or China, it's STILL is "Made in China"

Strange thing though last time we were there, can't find any GQ tires on sale in HK (Kwan Wah St) (spelling ?).
coolracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:11 AM   #183
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: CHINA???????????

Quote:
Originally posted by coolracing
Whether it's made in HK, Kowloon, Peking, Shanghai or China, it's STILL is "Made in China"

Strange thing though last time we were there, can't find any GQ tires on sale in HK (Kwan Wah St) (spelling ?).
Kwong Wah St... I believe. You should be able to find them over in Harmony and newaby shops. Maybe not all shops since most people buy them on the Track.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:23 PM   #184
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Rimer
Boomer-It "says something" that I'm the only negative manufacturer voice? What does it say? That I care? I'm also the only manufacturer getting brutalized on here. What kind of proud business owner wouldn't be defensive. As a paying customer, you should be glad I care enough to bitch. I'm not content to read derogatory comments about my product and I certainly don't want my customers thinking our tires fall off the rims. That is a serious accusation that has the potential to negatively impact sales.
I must have missed the "No manufacturers allowed" sign at the door. By saying "this is our forum" are you implying that I should be excluded as a manufacturer? Please clarify your point.
No sign like that here, but if you walk into a pit, you should be prepared for all the slam-dancing that is there.

As a paying customer, I would prefer that the manufacturers make products that do well, that get packaged in ways that protect the product and that they support their product.

From my experience driving both your high shore products (Nitro) and soft shore products (Pro10) I've found that you make good products. A bit higher priced than others of similar quality or even higher, but still good products.

I have found Jacos to chunk more often than several other manufacturers, but I have not done controlled experiments to prove whether it is the Jaco or whether it was the conditions - it is very difficult to do controlled experiments in our hobby without specific equipment. So, all I have is my experiences.

This is what the previous messages have said, more or less. You come here and jump on them for it. This is a disincentive to me - I would prefer to have a manufacturer express something other than that the consumer is wrong. I may be wrong, but this is what I read your overall theme as saying. Those of us who have found Jaco tires to chunk more often, to have the rubber separate from the rim or at the seams; we are wrong.

This has happened with your company before. We have expressed problems with your product previously and have had you proclaim that there is no problem with the product, only with users and their usage.

Quote:
Hello, their is no problem with our product. . .the out of round wheel is caused by the user
This, from a manufacturer, is a disincentive to people who like to post on a non-manufacturer board. Sure, there's no sign, but if you post in a consumer forum, prepare to have the consumers talk to you just as we would anybody else.

I have posted twice, now, letting you know that your voice is negative and, yes, that is a problem. Not for me, I don't give a rip - I don't purchase your tires anymore, but for you. A negative attitude displayed on a consumer forum is not going to help you. When you treat consumers as children, tell them that they should not believe what we, as a group, see or, worse, that we're wrong in our observations when many of us are erudite and educated ourselves and know the principles of objective observation. . .well, it most definitely disinclines us toward purchasing your product.

You will find your defenders - as you have seen. You will find your detractors, as you also have seen. If you can only handle your defenders, then you might want to change your forum.

Just a friendly note.
Old 10-10-2004, 10:12 PM   #185
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default BOOMER!

I feel you should be commended on your well thought out statements.As importers or suppliers, if a coustomer states he has a problem, I completely agree you should try to work with them to try to satisfy them.
I think that the R/C Industry is one of the few that treats the consumer like they are all dummies, and if they have a problem with a product it is due to misuse. I think the owners of hobby shops and manufacturers should all take a step back and see what the consumer needs. After all without us, there is no hobby!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:15 AM   #186
Tech Master

Default Re: BOOMER!

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
I feel you should be commended on your well thought out statements.As importers or suppliers, if a coustomer states he has a problem, I completely agree you should try to work with them to try to satisfy them.
I think that the R/C Industry is one of the few that treats the consumer like they are all dummies, and if they have a problem with a product it is due to misuse. I think the owners of hobby shops and manufacturers should all take a step back and see what the consumer needs. After all without us, there is no hobby!!!
With wholesole prices of tyres around $3.00 each and retail at $16.00 (UK) i think we all know what we need!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:26 AM   #187
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
Anyone who thinks a certain product is inferior simply because it is made in China is a racist jerk.
Anyone who thinks product quality has anything to do with racism must have looked up the wrong word in the dictionary.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:28 AM   #188
Tech Elite

Ziggy, Things must be VERY different in the UK! Wholesale prices that low! I think I'll move my shop to the UK.
duneland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, what's the big deal? I've used foams for a few years now and I haven't seen any brand, that is totally resistant to peeling back off the rim OR chunking. In one way or another, this happens to all foam tires. Its the nature of the usage. Some tires "seem" to be a little more resilient than others. I think the end user plays a very important part in how well the tire holds up under driving conditions. Some of us hit a whole lot more boards, pvc pipe, etc.(other cars ) than others. An A-main driver is definitely going to have a better experience with a tire than someone who can't make it out of the C-main or even finish a race because his car has a "love affair" with the track barriers.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:01 PM   #190
Tech Elite

I'll go a step further. I've chunked more than enough tires thru my r/c racing sessions, and I still do, on occasion. I don't blame the tire manufacturer because I got a little wild and over-shot a turn or rubbed lexan with someone and chunked a tire. I'm an aggressive driver and I know it. Granted, I also believe "Nitro Shoes" chunk easier than others (I think its because they're softer than other brands), but that just means I need to switch to another brand that's a little more durable. At some point, we have to look at ourselves and realize that the tires don't peel or chunk themselves. My .02 cents

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 10-11-2004, 12:15 PM   #191
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Right you are Kew

I have noticed that some tires DO seem to be more chunk resistant or even resistant to the "grindage" (my term) on the sides of the tires than do others. I'm always looking for those tires.

Chunking because I hit somebody or something does NOT count in my "equation" simply because it's my own dang fault!

But, every now and again, I have a clean run and I notice that chunks or "grindage" still occurs - and some tires do so less than others.

My criteria for good tires:

1. Round - I want wheels that are ROUND out of the box. I don't want to have wheels that wobble. It would be nice if the tires are trued as well, but I'm not that picky - I have a truer myself.

2. Wear - some ratings wear faster than others, obviously. But I would like a tire to at least be consistent with others or better.

3. Less Chunky - I like my Peanut Butter without chunks, I like my tires without chunks!

4. Less Grindage - I like my sidewalls to be able to stand up without tearout.

5. I like the tires to STICK to the wheel without my having to take contact cement to it.

6. It would be NICE to know the shore rating since nobody's colors are the same and many have foresworn colors altogether. I mean, what the heck is a Green/Purple/Doublepurple, etc. I can go with that, but it would be nice to see everyone using 40 or 45 or whatever.

not too much to ask?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:27 PM   #192
Tech Fanatic

Here lies the essence of the problem: I come on to defend my product, yet get blasted for being insensitive and negative towards my customers. Perhaps the ones who chose to post negative comments should be held to such a high standard????? Besides, I hardly think these people are my customers anyway from their apparent dissatisfaction with our product. Read the posts again. You see what you want to see. I think others see my point. Neither I nor my product are perfect, but we try to provide our customers with the best tires we can. Just as our detractors are free to express their opinions, so am I. As far as your quote, I assume that was written by Korgae and I would be interested to see it in the proper context. The only time we blame the end user is if he sends back a pair of tires and says he only ran for two minutes and he didn't hit a thing, yet the side of the rim is covered in paint from the boards and the edge of the wheel is demolished and dirty from weeks of use. Any other gripes we replace the tire with no questions asked and throw in a free pair to cover the inconvenience. I have been a racer for 19 years so I am acutely aware of the mindset of the consumer because I am one.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:06 PM   #193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Right you are Kew

I have noticed that some tires DO seem to be more chunk resistant or even resistant to the "grindage" (my term) on the sides of the tires than do others. I'm always looking for those tires.

Chunking because I hit somebody or something does NOT count in my "equation" simply because it's my own dang fault!

But, every now and again, I have a clean run and I notice that chunks or "grindage" still occurs - and some tires do so less than others.

My criteria for good tires:

1. Round - I want wheels that are ROUND out of the box. I don't want to have wheels that wobble. It would be nice if the tires are trued as well, but I'm not that picky - I have a truer myself.

2. Wear - some ratings wear faster than others, obviously. But I would like a tire to at least be consistent with others or better.

3. Less Chunky - I like my Peanut Butter without chunks, I like my tires without chunks!

4. Less Grindage - I like my sidewalls to be able to stand up without tearout.

5. I like the tires to STICK to the wheel without my having to take contact cement to it.

6. It would be NICE to know the shore rating since nobody's colors are the same and many have foresworn colors altogether. I mean, what the heck is a Green/Purple/Doublepurple, etc. I can go with that, but it would be nice to see everyone using 40 or 45 or whatever.

not too much to ask?
I totally agree with 4, 5 and 6. And what's the deal with that green/purple/double purple shore rating?! Is someone really using that? Yeah, that could be a tad bit confusing.

Old 10-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #194
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Rimer
Here lies the essence of the problem: I come on to defend my product, yet get blasted for being insensitive and negative towards my customers. Perhaps the ones who chose to post negative comments should be held to such a high standard????? Besides, I hardly think these people are my customers anyway from their apparent dissatisfaction with our product. Read the posts again. You see what you want to see. I think others see my point. Neither I nor my product are perfect, but we try to provide our customers with the best tires we can. Just as our detractors are free to express their opinions, so am I. As far as your quote, I assume that was written by Korgae and I would be interested to see it in the proper context. The only time we blame the end user is if he sends back a pair of tires and says he only ran for two minutes and he didn't hit a thing, yet the side of the rim is covered in paint from the boards and the edge of the wheel is demolished and dirty from weeks of use. Any other gripes we replace the tire with no questions asked and throw in a free pair to cover the inconvenience. I have been a racer for 19 years so I am acutely aware of the mindset of the consumer because I am one.
Jack, I think you've made your point crystal clear. I think some of us still expect companies to follow that old motto of "The Customer's Always Right". I believe the customer IS NOT always right. I don't see anything wrong with someone defending their product, If, they feel what's being said isn't accurate or fair.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:16 PM   #195
Tech Master

Interesting!!!
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote