R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenboy
that is good that you know that, but arnt dog bones cheaper than cups? so why wouldnt you just replace dog bones
You'd just bust the new dog bones as well.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:01 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Ok guys....looks like i got a problem here, engine wont start, after trying to get the car tune as i posted last time, i started the car yesterday afternoon, it wont start, my frd took the engine off and check if theres any leak or wutever is not tight, nthg we wrong we could find, any idea?
Thanks alot
Ryan
BBSGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:28 PM   #18
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Check the glow plug and see if its good. Check the fuel lines/gas tank to see if there are any air leaks.

To check if the fuel tank has an air leak, submerge the tank in water and blow through the pressure line with a CLEAN fuel line. If there are any bubbles, there is an air leak.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 06:13 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BBSGS4
Ok guys....looks like i got a problem here, engine wont start, after trying to get the car tune as i posted last time, i started the car yesterday afternoon, it wont start, my frd took the engine off and check if theres any leak or wutever is not tight, nthg we wrong we could find, any idea?
Thanks alot
Ryan
To simplify things a bit, it helps to think of it this way. If the engine is not running, it means that you don't have spark or you arn't getting fuel.

1st remove your glow plug and attach your igniter. It should glow white hot all the way to the bottom. If you arn't getting the white hot color all the way, then its either your igniter or your plug. I would suggest making sure your igniter is charged first. You might as well pick a new plug as well, since its just a matter of time before you need to replace it.

If you plug gets good and hot, its time to check the fuel delivery. If your tank has a primer, then pump it until the fuel reaches the carb, then give it one last pump. Then try and start. If your tank is primerless, plug the exhaust and pull the pull starter until fuel enters carb. If all else fails, remove the air filter and pour a little fuel directly into the carb and try to start it. If it starts breifly then quits, then check things out like Domo outlined.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #20
Tech Rookie

well guys,i just fcuked my pullstarted
tried to put it back together and doesnt last more than 5-10 pulls.
going for the roterystarter. hope it will have enough strenght to push a new engine in motion.

i got me self a nice little fuel filter but i dont realy thing it does any good.anyone have it on their car?

beholder
Beholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 12:44 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Smoke21

Inline filters are a great investment, I don't use one cause I try to keep the fuel really clean!! but I should get one. definately get the rotostart I have it, boy does it make starting easy

as for bbsgs4, you may be too lean or rich and it just won't start try factory settings and lean out again
Smoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:45 AM   #22
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Rapid Roy
To simplify things a bit, it helps to think of it this way. If the engine is not running, it means that you don't have spark or you arn't getting fuel.

1st remove your glow plug and attach your igniter. It should glow white hot all the way to the bottom. If you arn't getting the white hot color all the way, then its either your igniter or your plug. I would suggest making sure your igniter is charged first. You might as well pick a new plug as well, since its just a matter of time before you need to replace it.

If you plug gets good and hot, its time to check the fuel delivery. If your tank has a primer, then pump it until the fuel reaches the carb, then give it one last pump. Then try and start. If your tank is primerless, plug the exhaust and pull the pull starter until fuel enters carb. If all else fails, remove the air filter and pour a little fuel directly into the carb and try to start it. If it starts breifly then quits, then check things out like Domo outlined.
got it run again.....dont know what was wrong with it, it started right up today.....weird
and now its time to get it tuned
BBSGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 03:29 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to 12cellnitro

Wow, I'm new here and it seems like the rs43 or any of the rs4's except for the pro4 get no respect on this board. I often beat out all the other more expensive and race bred cars at my track with my ss. Is there something wrong with an HPI or is it just not considered race worthy?????

Last edited by 12cellnitro; 05-29-2004 at 03:41 PM.
12cellnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 04:41 PM   #24
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

The Type SS is not a race car. It is more of a parking lot basher car.

However, if it has the right setup, it can compete with other race cars.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #25
Tech Adept

yes, thats what I mean, but theres still a sort of disrespect for them on the track. Like its a joke or something. If correctly set up I think the ss could hang with any 1/10th.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:25 PM   #26

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hmm interesting thought that something that can run and compete as a race car when setup right still cant be considered a race car... You know they race Civics in the World Challenge series? Those cars are not race cars, unless they are setup right...
Old 05-29-2004, 07:25 PM   #27
Tech Adept

so, the ss is like the civic of onroad nitro, not made to race, but can haul with the right setup.

Does anyone know if the rossi rs12 will fit, and if so what needs to be upgraded?
Old 05-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #28
Tech Rookie

I guess it became an interesting rs4 ss discussion. For all the other SS driver throw out that pull starter its shit and get a roto. Life is shining with it. Clegg your car is a piece of art. I like what you've done with it. Looking at my 2 month owned SS, it sure encourages me to continue upgrading it. Can the gear box get fucked just out of the blue? I changed the spring that was inserted in the gearbox with a optional one but it triggers my conscience that it is delicate and can get fucked.

Beholder

P.S Summer is still cold in Montréal but we are burning does tires what ever the temperature is.
Beholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #29
Tech Adept

anyone know if there are any better diffs made for the ss? I think before I drop a rs12 in i'll need new diffs.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:57 PM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Yes they do make a hardened diff for it. I put one in the front and the rear. Haven't had to replace one since. They also make a ball diff and a front one-way for the car also. haven't tried either one since my son has the car now. We race it as often as we can and if he puts his mind to it, it will hang with the other cars. He runs a mugen MT.12 and it does just fine.
nitro rookie is offline   Reply With Quote