Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New track at willow springs >

New track at willow springs

New track at willow springs

Reply

Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default New track at willow springs

Anybody every tryed to set up a race at willowsprings there is penlty of space.The go cart track looks great for 1/8,1/10 what do you guys think
emancipation007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:38 AM
  #2  
Tech Regular
 
FASRICK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 314
Default

FASRICK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:31 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default

If the go kart people set up a track I'm sure 1/8, or 1/10 scale people can also.If we can get a few people willing to get involved.Since the economy is shutting down most tracks in the city's the desert is cheap.But need a few die hard racers check out the web site www.willowspringsraceway.com
emancipation007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:10 AM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Michael P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Not trying to be negative but it wont happen in my eyes. the people at willow are not just going to let us come and use a piece of land for a track we will have to rent it and knowing people that worked with the people at willow it will be EXPENSIVE. The other thing is you have to pay to get past the gate then the people would have to pay to practice/race, and its not close for most people 2 hours plus drive for most.
Michael P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
emancipation007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Santa Clarita,CA
Posts: 96
Default

Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
Not trying to be negative but it wont happen in my eyes. the people at willow are not just going to let us come and use a piece of land for a track we will have to rent it and knowing people that worked with the people at willow it will be EXPENSIVE. The other thing is you have to pay to get past the gate then the people would have to pay to practice/race, and its not close for most people 2 hours plus drive for most.
Where are you not going to find some kind of chanllenges.You have to pay to play.The question is how expensive.And as far as close most places are closing for 1/10 gas or 1/8 gas what are your other choice most racers will drive if they payed 500.dollars for a car, 300 for a engine I don't think driven will stop them.
emancipation007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:04 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Michael P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by emancipation007 View Post
Where are you not going to find some kind of chanllenges.You have to pay to play.The question is how expensive.And as far as close most places are closing for 1/10 gas or 1/8 gas what are your other choice most racers will drive if they payed 500.dollars for a car, 300 for a engine I don't think driven will stop them.
Its going to be more then a RC club will want to pay to rent some are area ,and what does having 800 in a car have to deal with getting a track ?
Michael P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:42 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,461
Default

The only time I spend in the desert, is when my Porsche Club Rent the track for Fun!!! Track could get dusty at times. Just like the old Riverside Raceway in Moreno Valley. Oh! Sorry!! Its probably before your time!!! I just remember time at the Go-Kart track watchin' Eddie Lawson running there! Before your time again!!! lol!!! I'm getting old!!
Geezatec is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:51 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
Michael P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Geezatec View Post
The only time I spend in the desert, is when my Porsche Club Rent the track for Fun!!! Track could get dusty at times. Just like the old Riverside Raceway in Moreno Valley. Oh! Sorry!! Its probably before your time!!! I just remember time at the Go-Kart track watchin' Eddie Lawson running there! Before your time again!!! lol!!! I'm getting old!!
i remember eddie. but its a good idea but the wrong location
Michael P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
Geezatec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,461
Default

Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
i remember eddie. but its a good idea but the wrong location
Dang! Bro!! You must be older than I!!!!! Late '40's, early '50's. lol!
Geezatec is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service