R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Parsec Sigma 1/8 scale

I have a Parsec Sigma. Carbon Fiber 1/8 scale 3 speed all wheel drive on road racer. It is about 15 years old and I paid over $1000 for it back then. I have run about 4 tanks of fuel through it. I am interested in selling it and getting something a little slower for my son. This thing is so incredibly fast people are blown away when they see it. They stopped importing them right after I purchased it. The technology is still unmatched today. It starts right up and handles amazing. I married and had four kids right after I got it and have just never had the time to drive it. People at hobby shops tell me it's worth a lot but I can't find any that have sold on ebay.
brandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Default it was ahead of its time then

I remember this car..was very well ahead of its time 15 years ago, it was a very short stint of presence tho' for this car..

Do you have pics you can post? we do have collectors that might bid for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandot View Post
I have a Parsec Sigma. Carbon Fiber 1/8 scale 3 speed all wheel drive on road racer. It is about 15 years old and I paid over $1000 for it back then. I have run about 4 tanks of fuel through it. I am interested in selling it and getting something a little slower for my son. This thing is so incredibly fast people are blown away when they see it. They stopped importing them right after I purchased it. The technology is still unmatched today. It starts right up and handles amazing. I married and had four kids right after I got it and have just never had the time to drive it. People at hobby shops tell me it's worth a lot but I can't find any that have sold on ebay.
morook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ive always wanted one...

Does yours have a 3-speed?

I love old cars, ive been working on a couple of old snakes, a quattro, and a couple sprint 6020s. not quite as exotic as parsec, but still neat! I aim to get my snakes running once again!
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Parsec Sigma 1/8 scale-parsec.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Thumbs up wow!! Thanks for posting this PIC awesome

was wondering if the seller has pics of the gearbox, clutch system including the 3 geared clutch bell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
this one?
morook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by morook View Post

was wondering if the seller has pics of the gearbox, clutch system including the 3 geared clutch bell...

I have a scan of the instruction manual somewhere, the parsec transmission uses a centrifugal clutch system, similar to serpent's. However, i am unsure if the 3-speed uses a clutch type engagement.

BMT had a 3-speed as well, i believe it came with the 933 austin light kit. It was a pawl-type engagement.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Awesome car for sure, I used to race the car for the Sigma Trading Company here in the states, they were the importer. The car was very fast and capable in the right hands. I still have my car and some parts, but this is one car that I will never sell.

There were a couple of different versions, the one I have is the NC4 like what Roelof posted. If I remember correctly the 3 speed did have the hook type transmission.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

If I am right then I believe Rody Roem had a part in the devellopment of the car. I know back in 1990 he was driving this car. As I remember this car was the reason he moved from Holland to France and stayed there to start his R&B engine line.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
If I am right then I believe Rody Roem had a part in the devellopment of the car.
I have read that as well, my french is quite rusty, but i have read an old article in Auto-8 stating the same thing.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Parsec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo9000 View Post
Ive always wanted one...

Does yours have a 3-speed?

I love old cars, ive been working on a couple of old snakes, a quattro, and a couple sprint 6020s. not quite as exotic as parsec, but still neat! I aim to get my snakes running once again!
Just wondering, what was the down fall of this car? How long was it produced, and how did it do as far as handling and the competition
Old 03-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc358 View Post
Just wondering, what was the down fall of this car? How long was it produced, and how did it do as far as handling and the competition
It was a awesome car. I raced it til the end. It just wasnt very adjustable. If we wanted to change the caster then parsec would have to make us some arms with more caster. I finished in the top 3 of just about every major race in 1994 racing the parsec. Then sigma decided to import the smp slide if my memory is correct.
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
It was a awesome car. I raced it til the end. It just wasnt very adjustable. If we wanted to change the caster then parsec would have to make us some arms with more caster. I finished in the top 3 of just about every major race in 1994 racing the parsec. Then sigma decided to import the smp slide if my memory is correct.
Justin and I were team mates for Jim and Diane at Sigma, which are the greatest people on earth and great importers even when they sold RB products. When RB decided to get greedy and look for a new importer that when they went down hill, what a mistake RB did on that one. I was factory driver for Jim and Sigma from 92-94. I actually WON the ROAR On-Road Canada 1/8 scale Nationals over Toso with that car which was there first major win for the company and me... Toso was young but still ran for years before that, lol. We made a shorter chassis for the car and helped the car turn in better. They sold the car to a company and never did anything with it, I wish they would have. Great car and naturally some change needed like all cars. The car was designed for EURO sweeping tracks not USA tight corner tracks. The car was a little a head of time and you change the upper and lower ball cup to change caster and camber, pretty trick.

Justin good old days BUDDY.
Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Justin and I were team mates for Jim and Diane at Sigma, which are the greatest people on earth and great importers even when they sold RB products. When RB decided to get greedy and look for a new importer that when they went down hill, what a mistake RB did on that one. I was factory driver for Jim and Sigma from 92-94. I actually WON the ROAR On-Road Canada 1/8 scale Nationals over Toso with that car which was there first major win for the company and me... Toso was young but still ran for years before that, lol. We made a shorter chassis for the car and helped the car turn in better. They sold the car to a company and never did anything with it, I wish they would have. Great car and naturally some change needed like all cars. The car was designed for EURO sweeping tracks not USA tight corner tracks. The car was a little a head of time and you change the upper and lower ball cup to change caster and camber, pretty trick.

Justin good old days BUDDY.
Billy
sheeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #14
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandot View Post
Yes, it does have the 3 speed tranny and the RB concept engine. I will takes some pictures and post them soon but it looks just like the one someone posted below other than the engine is a RB.
brandot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I remember wanting one of these way back when. It's amazing how trick it still looks after so many years.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote