R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz11 View Post
The video was yanked for music for some countries out of the US. I ran very low on bandwidth and so my site will stay up the rest of the month I had to turn off the part1 stream you can still download all 3 parts however. They are in Hi-Qual Mp4 and they are a race mix. Cars and announcer only pretty much the entire race minus maybe 5 or 6 minutes when I was shaking out my hands to get the blood flowing again or really quick moves which I always edit out. I sure hope I get to go to the race in July. Those photo passes are hard to obtain.

Griz
I dowloaded all the parts but all that shows up when i play it on realplayer no pic just sound
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #47
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Realplayer won't play mp4

Realplayer won't play mp4 files. I think the divx free bundle for windows has an mp4 codec that you can use. CoreAVC is probably the best codec for windows for mp4. Its 15 bucks or you can try it for free. There are other players out there as well for free. VLC player is another. Quicktime player. Do a google on mp4 player. Then you'll be good to go. Windows 7 finally has native mp4 support but all the other versions require you to obtain a codec. Except for the CoreAVC codec which uses nvidia video cards for hardware decoding is free.

Griz
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Default One more

Well the weather sucks here again this weekend. No way to get out to get more footage. But I do have some more from Saturday at the Worlds Warm Up.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

www.promofo-racing.org/WC-Warmup-4.html

Griz
Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Default bump

Bump this for those getting ready for the Worlds.

Enjoy

Griz
Old 07-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to ianhobbies

AWESOME
Old 07-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Default Thanks

I had a good time shooting that race weekend. Unfortunately the following weekend I trashed my back and can't do the stand up shooting thing any longer. Over the past couple of months I've been adapting to a tripod and monitor set-up so I can continue to shoot. Its much harder to get everything smooth. But the last few vids have been looking close to what I was getting so I'm pleased about it even though I'd rather be free to walk around. The pod has a dolly so its not too hard to move it to get several points of view. As long as the ground is fairly smooth. Not so much to make it roll but to keep from jarring the camera.

I was hoping these vids would get a photo pass for the Worlds. Despite being promised one for doing this set of vids it never showed up. Thats the second time something like that has happened when I tried to do some shooting at an on-road race. I'm going to check into shooting at the 1/8 Worlds. Since it only comes around every 7 years or so this set of races will be the last I have a chance of shooting realistically. With my health problems I'd be doing real good to last another 7 years. Its a long haul for me. But I hope it works out. It would have been much easier just to travel to Houston.

I met and talked with lots of cool people from all over the world after I put out this set of vids. Found out they were posted on sites all over the world as well. And when you really think about it that's what's important.

Here is a pic of my set-up. The monitor is an 8" HD IKan. The black box on front of the camera is to control the light. The rich colors in my vids come from this box. Everthing is mounted on carbon fiber rails. Its standard to set up complex camera rigs this way. All kinds of brackets arms etc are made so you can set up most any configuration. The arm supporting the monitor has 4 joints and goes limp when you pull the handle. Set it like you want and then return the handle to the hold position and its rigid. The monitor is stationary no matter where the camera is. That allows me to sit down which is much more comfortable and I can shoot much longer.

Griz
Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Default bump

Trying to keep this upfront during the Worlds.

Griz
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz11 View Post
I had a good time shooting that race weekend. Unfortunately the following weekend I trashed my back and can't do the stand up shooting thing any longer. Over the past couple of months I've been adapting to a tripod and monitor set-up so I can continue to shoot. Its much harder to get everything smooth. But the last few vids have been looking close to what I was getting so I'm pleased about it even though I'd rather be free to walk around. The pod has a dolly so its not too hard to move it to get several points of view. As long as the ground is fairly smooth. Not so much to make it roll but to keep from jarring the camera.

I was hoping these vids would get a photo pass for the Worlds. Despite being promised one for doing this set of vids it never showed up. Thats the second time something like that has happened when I tried to do some shooting at an on-road race. I'm going to check into shooting at the 1/8 Worlds. Since it only comes around every 7 years or so this set of races will be the last I have a chance of shooting realistically. With my health problems I'd be doing real good to last another 7 years. Its a long haul for me. But I hope it works out. It would have been much easier just to travel to Houston.

I met and talked with lots of cool people from all over the world after I put out this set of vids. Found out they were posted on sites all over the world as well. And when you really think about it that's what's important.

Here is a pic of my set-up. The monitor is an 8" HD IKan. The black box on front of the camera is to control the light. The rich colors in my vids come from this box. Everthing is mounted on carbon fiber rails. Its standard to set up complex camera rigs this way. All kinds of brackets arms etc are made so you can set up most any configuration. The arm supporting the monitor has 4 joints and goes limp when you pull the handle. Set it like you want and then return the handle to the hold position and its rigid. The monitor is stationary no matter where the camera is. That allows me to sit down which is much more comfortable and I can shoot much longer.

Griz
bump for a great job
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote