Wiki Posts
Search

is this a good car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default is this a good car?

i got it from a friend that knows nothing about it. he just gave it to me and about 12 other kyosho,associated,all old cars and a couple are front wheel drive ill post pics ... the car in question is a berton holland signed serpent series 6000. brandnew never out of box with a serpent nitro engine. i have 3 never opened kyosho slingshot 4wd cars, 3 team associated rc 10Ls, 3 brand new rc carpet knifes all this is vintage but its never been opened STILL NEW IN PACK what are they worth? thanks....roger
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default pics of serpent

any info at all will help thanks..roger
Attached Thumbnails is this a good car?-phto0096.jpg   is this a good car?-phto0100.jpg  
Old 03-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigshow
i got it from a friend that knows nothing about it. he just gave it to me and about 12 other kyosho,associated,all old cars and a couple are front wheel drive ill post pics ... the car in question is a berton holland signed serpent series 6000. brandnew never out of box with a serpent nitro engine. i have 3 never opened kyosho slingshot 4wd cars, 3 team associated rc 10Ls, 3 brand new rc carpet knifes all this is vintage but its never been opened STILL NEW IN PACK what are they worth? thanks....roger
Keep checking ebay until the cars show up on there and see what they sell for.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

These seem to be from the late 80's. Spare parts will be the biggest problem if you run it. Serpent parts are hard to find for models only a couple of years old so these will almost be imposible. It would make a nice display model. What sort of price are you look for ??
Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

dont know its value , what would you say?its never been ran, complete with manuals,decals ,box in perfect condtion
Old 03-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigshow
dont know its value , what would you say?its never been ran, complete with manuals,decals ,box in perfect condtion
Its hard to say what its worth.. there isnt a big market here in the USA for old cars like this. At least, thats what ive found. The fact that its new with box pushes it into a collector status.

I just bought a complete sprint 6000 with 7 sets of tyres, 2 spare rolling chassis, starter box, spare engines, an airtronics radio and a mountain of spare parts for $250.

check out ebay item number 280469310442.That is the auction i mention.

It was listed on ebay for $250 with a reserve, but nobody bid on it, I had to pick it up from his house, which luckily he was local.

So i would say its value is really based upon whatever somebody was to give you for it.

I would be interested in buying it though. I already have alot of tyres and spare parts for it.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

I had one, it came out in 1991 and had a shorter wheelbase than previous Sprint models. The pushrod was unique but finally everyone switched back to the normal setup.

Maybe you can get 100-200 dollar for it but these cars are not special.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have PM