R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Super Nitro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/37418-super-nitro.html)

NCC 04-04-2004 08:35 PM

Super Nitro

Anyone living in the N.Va,Md and Dc area and wants to race super nitros can post here. I've had a request to try to see how many people in this area with super nitros that are interested in getting that class back again. When I raced in the super nitro class a couple years ago I had a blast but that class wasn't big enough. There were a few tracks here and there with a few supers. I think if every super nitro owner went to the same tracks to race then there would have been better luck in keeping this class. I still race my super at the hpi challenge but even that (hpi challenge) is fading. It usually takes about five people to start a new class at most tracks.

greggilk 04-05-2004 09:23 AM

I live in the Harrisonburg area, Linville hobbies is my home track. They do nt run super nitro class. I would like to run at another track.

Omar 04-05-2004 05:10 PM

i live in Md and have a super nitro ready to race

Slotmachine 04-05-2004 07:31 PM

Nigel!

I think we need to pay Linville a visit in the near future! See if yo can find out when there will be a lot of people there, and we will go to show them a few things. :lol:

NCC 04-05-2004 10:17 PM

I've always wanted to give Linville a try. I heard it's a pretty cool track. I will most certainly look into it Paul. Heard you guys got rained out yesterday, where will you be racing this weekend?

NCC 04-05-2004 10:28 PM

Greggilk/Omar

What brand supers? Mine is hpi!

Omar 04-06-2004 11:07 AM

i have an hpi with an os .21 and 1/8 scale front and rear tires.

NCC 04-06-2004 07:49 PM

Impressive Hybrid

Nice! I ran an os15cvr and I shaved the rims down and mounted my own foams. It did pretty well running with the impacts. I always ran faster lap times with my super than my touring.

Omar 04-06-2004 07:53 PM

ncc how is your r40 running

NCC 04-06-2004 08:25 PM

I have no complaints with my r40. Very pleased performance wise. The mugens are getting a run for their money. 04 upgrade kit is on the way from Japan. Do you run r40 also?

Slotmachine 04-06-2004 08:37 PM

Practice

Nigel: I`m going to practice at Dougs Wed. I will be there around noon. Maybe I`ll see you there

NCC 04-06-2004 09:10 PM

Wednesdays used to be my practice days but recently my work schedule changed so now I'm working on Wednesdays. I'll try to pop in on my way to work. Racing at Dougs this Saturday?

Slotmachine 04-06-2004 10:04 PM

Originally posted by NCC
Wednesdays used to be my practice days but recently my work schedule changed so now I'm working on Wednesdays. I'll try to pop in on my way to work. Racing at Dougs this Saturday?

No, I`ve got an easter egg hunt going on at my little girls school from 12/4:00 , cant get out of it see you some where next weekend, did you get a hold of anyone at linville yet?

greggilk 04-08-2004 09:11 AM

Linville road course racing starts next sat. at 12 noon. You can contact Jason thru there website. Where is Dougs. I have to work on the road course sat at linville and would like to find another track. Also Linville races on oval on friday nights with the season opener set for 4/23. Everyone is welcome Greg

NCC 04-08-2004 10:23 AM

Thanks for the info. Dougs is in Waldorf MD. and we also race at Olde Towne Hobby Shoppe Manassas VA. Dougs Races on Saturdays and Olde Towne race on Sundays. WWW. oldtownhobby.com or www. doughobbies.com I think.

Paul: I must have missed you. I arrived around 3:30. I'm pretty sure you got your car to hook up as you always do.