Wiki Posts
Search

COMPETITION HEAT INC.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default COMPETITION HEAT INC.

Our product is due to release in march. Here is our official announcement.

Competition Heat Inc. is proud to introduce the .21 R/C racing engine heater. This technologically advanced R/C racing engine heater is the results of 40+ years racing experience by it's designers. The Competition Heat .21 engine heater offers some of the same technologies used by the aerospace industry, Formula 1, Indy car and NASCAR teams.

The Company. Competition Heat Inc. is excited to be part of the growing R/C racing community. Competition Heat's inception is a direct result of the economic down turn of late 2008. After being laid off from the racing industry (Nascar Nationwide Series) in Feb 2009, the founder/owner decided to R and D a concept used in the upper levels of motorsports. An avid R/C car racer himself since 1993, he's had the opportunity and priviledge of racing at tracks in southern California like The Ranch Pit Shop, M@M, and revelation.

The Competition Heat .21 racing engine heater is an idea that was conceived a few years ago and has been thoroughly tested with Superior results on .21 racing engines. Our goal is to provide our customers with a superior product and technology that will Maximize life and Performance of R/C racing engines.

We currently have in development a .12 engine heater and will release more info as we get closer to production stage.

Here are a few pics... I will provide more info the next post. Thanks.

Last edited by CompetitionHeat; 08-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Put me on the list for a .12 one.
It's something I want to make myself for quite sometime, but don't have the time to figure out which parts to use.
It looks like a miniature tire blanket.
In which way will it be powered?.
As I live in Europe we have a different electric system.

I preheat the engine every time before I start it with a hairdryer but it's a PITA to do and do it properly.
In which timespan could we expect the .12 version?.

If I PM you my Email, could you inform me on the date the .12 will be released?.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Perfect would be if it is a 11.1V Lipo or 14.8V Lipo.... I could just add a second lipo to the starterbox and run a cable to the heater.

What temperatures are we looking at?

Really interested in the .12 heater too!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Put me down for a .12
this is a great idea for them
stubborn engines that don't
like to start cold !!!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

If you would like a lot more info on this heater and the technology and specs please go to the Nitro Off -Road forum to the Competition Heat thread. I think you will enjoy the read.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

The Competition Heat .21 engine heater is 110v 50 ac. Very efficient and effective at saturating critical internals. The heating element is widley used in both the aerospace and racing industry. It will heat your engine to 180 degrees f in about 10 minutes with an ambient temp of 68 degrees f. It will reach 200 in about 14 minutes.

The Cover. The cover was the most critical key component in the development of the heater, and as stated in another thread we hit it out of the park on this one. It had to serve many key functions for the heater to be a success with safety being the most important. The end user needed to be able to take the heater off the engine safely, and you can. Secondly, it needed to be a insulator to both engine and heater, and it is. This advanced material is both heat resistant and fireproof. The top of the heater also has an access hatch for the glow plug ignitor so you can fire the engine while the heater is in operation. The heater attaches to the engine head by securing it firmly using high temp velco sewn into the cover and gives it a really sharp, nice, clean look.

The power cord. We are having a custom power cord manufactured with built in ON/OFF switch. This will be a cool little feature for convienence. There is a quick connect/disconnect connector so you can quicky disconnect from power keeping the heater on the engine if needed. This will come in real handy when breaking in your new mills.

I believe our slogan truly represents our product "Championship by Design"
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there an introductory offer, and when will it be available to purchase?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Neat idea, but powering from 110v AC is going to bring down sales. Access to AC power is somewhat limited at many tracks. Also, if battery powered then it will be useful everywhere in Europe as well.

I know it is probably easier said than done, but I think you are limiting its ease of use by attaching it to a cord.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by motojon
Is there an introductory offer, and when will it be available to purchase?
Our goal is to bring the product to market around the first of march to mid march. The response has been incredible so far, our first production run as of now will not last long, the good news is there won't be just one run. We are looking at an introductory offer but feel the heater is of great value at $99.99
Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Neat idea, but powering from 110v AC is going to bring down sales. Access to AC power is somewhat limited at many tracks. Also, if battery powered then it will be useful everywhere in Europe as well.

I know it is probably easier said than done, but I think you are limiting its ease of use by attaching it to a cord.
I agree up to a point, but I believe once you see this heater in action it will be a must have. No matter what form of racing, big cars or small, racers always have or find a power source (generator) to take car of their hot rods.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

it does look a fantastic idea, but i have no way of getting mains power at any of the tracks i use, and again over here in uk we use 240v
Old 02-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jas1
it does look a fantastic idea, but i have no way of getting mains power at any of the tracks i use, and again over here in uk we use 240v
We are currently working on a 240V Competition Heat engine heater for the UK. We will keep you posted as to the release date.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Our Competition Heat .21 racing engine heaters will be available for purchase next week. We have an introductory offer of $89.99 + shipping for the first (50) heaters. Just pm me and we will put your name on the list and notify you when there ready.

"Championship by Design"

Last edited by CompetitionHeat; 08-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Comp Heating Blanket

Put me down for a .12 this is a great idea for any size. I like my 21, I use it for my off-road and on-roads engine. Great to start up any size. I was using my 21 for my 12 just wasn't that tight. Great on slow heat up with nitro.

Last edited by yogii; 04-12-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Tire not showing
Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Addict

You can purchase your Comp heater at www.murnanmodified.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.