R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-14-2002, 09:11 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Kawahara brake disk ?

is there a certain way you put this on the 2 speed in between the break pads. or doe it matter , i am woundering if the cross drilled holes turn twards the engine or twards the rear of the car. which is the better way? thanks guys.
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:40 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default Re: Kawahara brake disk ?

Quote:
Originally posted by carpet_killa
is there a certain way you put this on the 2 speed in between the break pads. or doe it matter , i am woundering if the cross drilled holes turn twards the engine or twards the rear of the car. which is the better way? thanks guys.

I put my cross drilled holes towards the engine in that direction. I just went by how it's on a 1/1 car. I really don't think it matters though. On the subject of the two speed, i don't think that the disk and everythng fits the way it did with the stock pieces. It has a little more play overall. At this moment i didn't experience a problem with that.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 10:30 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Default re:

thanks vin. i appreciate it. thats how i was putting it on but i wanted to wait before i put the rest together though. hey did you ever fix it where i and everone else could view your mtx2 ? there is still a code thing it is asking for. thanks again.

chris
Old 03-14-2002, 10:32 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar
Default Re: re:

Quote:
Originally posted by carpet_killa
thanks vin. i appreciate it. thats how i was putting it on but i wanted to wait before i put the rest together though. hey did you ever fix it where i and everone else could view your mtx2 ? there is still a code thing it is asking for. thanks again.

chris
I actually didn't but i will post a new pic up soon linked to a new host
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 09:42 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

Chris,

I have been running the Kawahara rotors since RCI started bringing them in and I run it the same way stated. Does it make a bit of difference? I doubt it.

The only reason I do it this way is because I am use to my 235mm car and my MRX-3 where there are 2 steel rotors and an aluminum impeller/cooler in between. In that application, you always point the scops toward the direction of rotation (toward the front of the car) to draw air into the center.

Another tip on the Kawahara rotor is that the holes will wear out faster than the stock rotor because it is thinner than the stock one. The 3 holes on the pulley adaptor hog out the rotor and make it rather sloppy after a while. The good news is there is another set of 3 holes to get more life out of it.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2002, 12:36 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Default RE:

thank you fraz ! that helps alot.....