R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #91
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
No I don't ven care about the cash it was the principle about it and this was years ago and I got over and continued to race with GLA, I can't even remember you there back then Glen, this was so long ago Nelson was fast with a Shumacher . I wanted to be a club member a long time ago but there was always something that just put a bump in the road to deter me.
Dave,

you made me laugh with that remark about Nelson and the Shumi!! Hey Dave, you were one of the volunteers out there in 2008 helping to drag the track and you should be acknowledged for it. That was an important effort by all of us that came to do that work that year.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #92
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dave? DJ now I know what D stands for
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dj stands for David Jr., Dave Starks has his own user name, Dave Starks is cousin to Iron Man, I'm cousin to Batman. Just had to use that smiley. Nelson was fast back in 99 but after Y2K he fell apart.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #94
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I’m not a member, but I race at GLARCRC and help as much as I can. The tire wear is what it is, I’m not sure if much can be done about it, only thing that comes to mind is to drag the track periodically and hope that in time it gets better, but I’m not in a position to demand anything as I don’t have the time to put in, I drive about 1 hour each way to be able to race and I’m glad to have a track to race on. We all drive the same track, so we all have to deal with the same tire wear.

The layout that has been run in the past is good, no need to change it, its fun to drive, it has a flow to it.

Can the race program be improved? Yes it can, things can be ran a little tighter, but if all people are going to do is complain and not offer any help, then they are just making it worse. Don’t say "I can do it better if you let me do it!", say "let me help you do it better". Don’t think you can do it better by yourself, be part of the group trying to improve.

As far as all this drama, all it does is drive people away. RC racers are a simple group, we want a place to race, we want to know when, and we like things to be stable.

That’s my opinion.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #95
Tech Adept

Danny this kind of plan takes a group not a person. So far I only know of a hand full that are not happy, but only one is speaking up. Now the club has by law which should be followed I agree but are all request in writting? And have they been signed off by everyone? Or is this just group of people verbly talking? As you know there is no worth in talking. Now Glen posted while back prior to club meeting that they talk to attorney regarding club issue which makes me to belive that the by laws have some meaning behind them. Again careful planning, talk between people is exactly that (talk) not much in that. But putting it down in contract now that has true value.

No Danny we in Vegas are not backing down we don't agree with every thing Rich Taylor does, but we have a place to run, and putting things in writting as he is going to do will allow us to form some kind contract that way no one can complain if they agree to this contract. I am working on that with him and park service it's in all are best intrest. We might take two steps foward and one back but as I see it we are all still ahead we still have a track in Vegas.

I for one have no issue expressing my concerns with Rich, but those are my concerns I am no longer fighting others battles if they have issue with him then just say it. Just be clear on what the issue is, exposure is ok when you are 100% about it.

This all would be differnt issue if we both in Cali and Vegas had muti tracks then the track operator would really be catering to our needs. But that's not what we have here is it? So for now pay your fee to do what you realy like and that is to go fast around a tack. We can't fight the battle for everyone. Only are self.
robertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #96
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr View Post
Danny this kind of plan takes a group not a person. So far I only know of a hand full that are not happy, but only one is speaking up. Now the club has by law which should be followed I agree but are all request in writting? And have they been signed off by everyone? Or is this just group of people verbly talking? As you know there is no worth in talking. Now Glen posted while back prior to club meeting that they talk to attorney regarding club issue which makes me to belive that the by laws have some meaning behind them. Again careful planning, talk between people is exactly that (talk) not much in that. But putting it down in contract now that has true value.

No Danny we in Vegas are not backing down we don't agree with every thing Rich Taylor does, but we have a place to run, and putting things in writting as he is going to do will allow us to form some kind contract that way no one can complain if they agree to this contract. I am working on that with him and park service it's in all are best intrest. We might take two steps foward and one back but as I see it we are all still ahead we still have a track in Vegas.

I for one have no issue expressing my concerns with Rich, but those are my concerns I am no longer fighting others battles if they have issue with him then just say it. Just be clear on what the issue is, exposure is ok when you are 100% about it.

This all would be differnt issue if we both in Cali and Vegas had muti tracks then the track operator would really be catering to our needs. But that's not what we have here is it? So for now pay your fee to do what you realy like and that is to go fast around a tack. We can't fight the battle for everyone. Only are self.
Robert,

I agree with what you are saying. As for anything in writing it is to the best of my knowledge that the items discussed at the GLA meeting on Feb. 20 including elections, were recorded on paper. Now if the leadership does not follow through with the agenda they agreed to well there is not much I can do about it. Continuing to bring attention to the matter only makes me look bad so I am not going to do it anymore.

As for your situation in Vegas, I wish all you guys that have fought to keep racing going up there all the best. I know that it has been a hard fought battle but sometimes that is what it takes. Its sad but that the way it is.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote