R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
not bad Danny but personally would prefer wider lanes for !/5th scale. even though 1/5th scale can navigate those tight places . due to the fact we are running a street class and the number of accidents on the wider layout. by making it this tight, would create more accidents and broken boards. It is the reason for not having any lanes narrower than 18 feet and please show how you are going to modify for the 1/5th scale drivers they are interested also, thank you.
Nelson,

I have worked up some changes for the 1/5 scalers. I will bring the update to the track.

Last edited by Danny A.; 02-27-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #47
Tech Adept

Just wanted to say Thanks to all the racers who came out to support the race today. Special Thanks to the guys who made the trip from Vegas too.

I also wanted to apologize to the track set up crew. Yesterday, while the perimeter boards were being set up I was making an attempt to mock up one of the short track layouts with the dots and some yellow infield boards and to get some opinions on it. There was concern that there would not have been enough time to tweak the layout to accomodate the 1/5 scalers and so I just wanted to say sorry if I had inconvenienced anyone of the track setup crew. With limited time it was probably not an ideal time attempt that sort of change. Either way, my apologizes.

During todays race I spoke with some that were wondering if a practice weekend might be considered before the RCX show. At the club meeting we had agreed that there would be equipment maintenance on Saturday March 6. Maybe if there is enough interest, we could set up a practice day for Sunday March 7. Anyway, its just a thought.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #48
Tech Adept

Glen and crew thank you for great day of racing. Even driving down yesturday unable to run today made up for it. Glen we were talking about track breakdown on drive back to Vegas, Borris, George, and I are sorry ,we did not know about club break down, but now that we are official members you will have are help next time we are out to race.

Danny I am sure you and other have great ideas, somtimes it just take little time and planning before you can make changes. My experince is that some people get backed up with changes when they are not well planed out.

I have pleaure meeting alot great guys from Cali, I can see there is few thing people have issue with but at this time with only one track running it's time to put things aside. Everyones goal at the end of the day is the same which is to have fun running are cars.
robertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #49
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny A. View Post

During todays race I spoke with some that were wondering if a practice weekend might be considered before the RCX show. At the club meeting we had agreed that there would be equipment maintenance on Saturday March 6. Maybe if there is enough interest, we could set up a practice day for Sunday March 7. Anyway, its just a thought.
That will be great, it's a good idea to set up the track for a practice day on March 7.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #50
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertr View Post

Danny I am sure you and other have great ideas, somtimes it just take little time and planning before you can make changes. My experince is that some people get backed up with changes when they are not well planed out.
Robert,

Thanks and I appreciate the supportive thoughts.

Danny
Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have the work party and practice session Sunday 3-7-2010. The State folks are pretty strict on us using the lot 2 times max/month. We might get charged a fee if we try to go 2 days but I will find out this week.

G.W.
gwilli2001us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #52
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
Perhaps it would be a good idea to have the work party and practice session Sunday 3-7-2010. The State folks are pretty strict on us using the lot 2 times max/month. We might get charged a fee if we try to go 2 days but I will find out this week.

G.W.
Any news for the March 7 practice session? that will surely generate funds for the club.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Just sent the email last night..waiting for their response, anybody know what the weather is gonna be like this weekend?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GLARCRC

Quote:
Just sent the email last night..waiting for their response, anybody know what the weather is gonna be like this weekend?
Glenn,
They are saying 40% chance of rain Sat and Sunday<both days>
Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Alreadt changed request Bill, if it does not rain this Sunday, I have requested we work on the trailer next Saturday.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Alreadt changed request Bill, if it does not rain this Sunday, I have requested we work on the trailer next Saturday.
You mean if it does rain this Sunday the work on the trailer will be next Saturday correct? but if it does not rain this Sunday then the work will be done this Sunday, please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Right U are Sam...I just got word back from the guys, if it does not rain Sunday, we will work on the trailer. The weather forecast does not look very good for being clear the whole day. I think next Saturday will be better, that's also ok with them.

G.W.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Default In regards to the GLA nominations

Since the information for the Greater LA nominations have not yet been posted I just wanted to let the membership know that I was nominated to run for club president and have accepted and will run for that office. I will be attending the RCX race as well as helping with the track maintenance either this Sunday or next Saturday should we get rained on this weekend if you want to ask me any questions or please feel free to contact me via a PM.

There were several members that have been nominated for some of the other seats as well. I expect they will be notified and asked if they are going to accept the nomination so that there name can be added to the ballot for voting April 1.

Thank you,

Danny Alvarado
Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny A. View Post
Since the information for the Greater LA nominations have not yet been posted I just wanted to let the membership know that I was nominated to run for club president and have accepted and will run for that office. I will be attending the RCX race as well as helping with the track maintenance either this Sunday or next Saturday should we get rained on this weekend if you want to ask me any questions or please feel free to contact me via a PM.

There were several members that have been nominated for some of the other seats as well. I expect they will be notified and asked if they are going to accept the nomination so that there name can be added to the ballot for voting April 1.

Thank you,

Danny Alvarado
Isn't somebody supposed to post who has been nominated for what position and so on so that the members know who to vote for?
And the dates, place, and the rest of the "important info"?
I am surprised it has not been published anywhere...
ABC HOBBY USA
MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS
ray0221flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Will voting happen online for us that are not in Cali?
I have Byron fuel 16, 20, 25 & 30
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote