Search

Greater Los Angeles Club Meeting this Saturday 2.20/10

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GLARCRC

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
There was some interesting feedback about this, I remember in the early days of that lot, we tried a short layout and the tyre wear was about the same and the majority of the nitro racers told me that one of the highlights of the Transit Center was the European style layout with a long back straight, different from the "point and shoot" style and when we added going around that back island made it more fun for everybody. One of the racers at the meeting felt that because of the type of asphalt the Transit Center is made of, tyre wear will always be a little more abrasive than a lot topped with "playground" grade asphalt.

Personally I agree, if anything it was suggested that we turn the chicane at the end of the straight to a 180 turn. Cars are at top speed with the most downforce at the end of the straight and most likeley, the most tyre wear occurs. Cars are just beginning to accelerate to the back straight going through the sweeper.

We have informed our track stewart Kenny to work with Chris V. and come up with a suitable change for a short track and this is to tried on Saturday. Tom and I will be getting feedback from the racers to see what they think.

See U this weekend
Glenn, I sent you an e-mail<not a PM>
Bill
Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Will there be 2 different layouts so that the 1/5 scale cars will be accomodated as well?
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Whatever and however it'll be, it is for sure will be fun!

Originally Posted by aft53
Will there be 2 different layouts so that the 1/5 scale cars will be accomodated as well?
With the adjoining of the better heads, this will be fun for all. Us small peter rabbits will certainly have fun. Can hardly wait for sunday!!

The key role players are banding together to make GLARCC better! I enjoyed the meeting last weekend. Every plans and tweaking are positive!
PS...I will leak out a secret..

Tony T has been nominated as head track security! he's got my vote already

...sorry Tony I'm unable to keep it..just have to spread the word....
Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire compounds

Just wondering what tire compounds are most popular for the MTX4 on that track. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave D
Just wondering what tire compounds are most popular for the MTX4 on that track. Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
40's and 42's
Old 02-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up See yah guys there on sunday!!

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
40's and 42's
Let the games begin..........I'll help on the tear down sunday. Sorry I have to show up for work on saturday. GW will renew my membership on sunday k?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I took some time to drawn up a couple of layouts. Bear in mind these are merely suggestions and would like to get some feedback. The drawings are as close to scale as I could draw up but are fairly accurate. I took into consideration lane width which are all no less than 13.5 feet wide and are roar legal for 1/8 and 1/5 scale. The layout was planned with the entry and exit to the strait away being 180's with the intention to reduce scrub and hopefully tire wear. I also tried to incorporate some areas for passing but that will depend on actual running.

Please let me know what you think. These layout are not set in stone but if the foam guy want to try one of them it can be modified to suite the 1.5 scalers if needed.

I have been checking the weather and it looks like there may be rain on Saturday. I was wondering if we would just run a one day sunday race then? What do you all think?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DC25214.pdf (229.6 KB, 198 views)
File Type: pdf
DC25213.pdf (240.2 KB, 191 views)
Old 02-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

do you have a web site?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Danny A.
I took some time to drawn up a couple of layouts. Bear in mind these are merely suggestions and would like to get some feedback. The drawings are as close to scale as I could draw up but are fairly accurate. I took into consideration lane width which are all no less than 13.5 feet wide and are roar legal for 1/8 and 1/5 scale. The layout was planned with the entry and exit to the strait away being 180's with the intention to reduce scrub and hopefully tire wear. I also tried to incorporate some areas for passing but that will depend on actual running.

Please let me know what you think. These layout are not set in stone but if the foam guy want to try one of them it can be modified to suite the 1.5 scalers if needed.

I have been checking the weather and it looks like there may be rain on Saturday. I was wondering if we would just run a one day sunday race then? What do you all think?
Hey if you guys get rained out your welcomed to come up to Rams for our season opener this Sunday
Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0414
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trailer will be at the Transit Center lot lot no later than 8:00am Saturday, we will monitor the weather and if it's favorable, we can proceed with setup. If it is raining, we will be in a holding pattern and hopefully can still at least setup the track sometime Saturday. Makes the program a lot easier to run on Sunday.

If we have to setup the track Sunday, the core group has agreed to be there around 7:30am, plan on 2 qualifiers and mains. Either way, donuts are on me this weekend!! LOL

Danny..please confer with Kenny (track stewart) this weekend on the layout changes before we start dragging boards out of the trailer.

Thanks Gents!!

G.W.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny A.

Both layouts look cool to me, but if I had to choose between the two, the first one would be my choice. See you this weekend.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lavaandy
do you have a web site?
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...terlarc.com%2F

Thanks for your interest.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Both layouts look cool to me, but if I had to choose between the two, the first one would be my choice. See you this weekend.
Cool. Thanks for looking Scott.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Danny..please confer with Kenny (track stewart) this weekend on the layout changes before we start dragging boards out of the trailer.

Thanks Gents!!

G.W.
Glen, would you please email me Kenny's Phone number?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.