R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default Is it just me????

I subscribe to RC Nitro and Xtreme RC Cars mags. They're great mags and I look foward to them every month. But it seems (especially RC Nitro) everything is Monster trucks!!! Don't get me wrong I like them and I might purchase one by the summer. But I'm an on road FREAK. It seems to me that the mags try to put at least a one Monster Truck and a 1/8 Buggy, One on road car and some micro stuff to balance the Mag. Wouldn't it be great to just have a RC Mag with On road cars... Or is there a Mag and I'm missing it. Rc Nitro puts pull outs (with some Hotties) every month and for the 3 months they're hotties with buggies and trucks. MAN I wish I had pic with a babe and Mugen MRX or MTX in hand. Battles with a V one RR Evo and a Mugen MTX-3. Maybe it's the season and Mags gear to that stuff in the summer but I need some on road Battles.... Race season is on it's way and just wanted to throw that out......
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:19 PM   #2
B
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I agree

but the mags are less race orientated. So, I am thinking that they will get better sales with monster trucks, as those cars attract more beginners
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Is it just me????

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
I subscribe to RC Nitro and Xtreme RC Cars mags. They're great mags and I look foward to them every month. But it seems (especially RC Nitro) everything is Monster trucks!!! Don't get me wrong I like them and I might purchase one by the summer. But I'm an on road FREAK. It seems to me that the mags try to put at least a one Monster Truck and a 1/8 Buggy, One on road car and some micro stuff to balance the Mag. Wouldn't it be great to just have a RC Mag with On road cars... Or is there a Mag and I'm missing it. Rc Nitro puts pull outs (with some Hotties) every month and for the 3 months they're hotties with buggies and trucks. MAN I wish I had pic with a babe and Mugen MRX or MTX in hand. Battles with a V one RR Evo and a Mugen MTX-3. Maybe it's the season and Mags gear to that stuff in the summer but I need some on road Battles.... Race season is on it's way and just wanted to throw that out......
i know i just got the new issue a couple of weeks ago and i think it sucks , i mailed it back and wrote to them that i wanted to cancel my subscription.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:37 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

I have to agree with "B". I guess Monster trucks is where the $$$$'s are.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default

OHHHH one other thing- Both mags that I metioned Peformance test were the "Serpent 950R" what did they have to field test the same car in the same month????? I mean "Car & Driver" and "Motor Trend" don't have same articles on the same car in the same month??? I understand the NEW products have a redundancy to overlapped in Mags. ........

JMHO
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Nitropimp
OHHHH one other thing- Both mags that I metioned Peformance test were the "Serpent 950R" what did they have to field test the same car in the same month????? I mean "Car & Driver" and "Motor Trend" don't have same articles on the same car in the same month??? I understand the NEW products have a redundancy to overlapped in Mags. ........

JMHO
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

i like xtreme the most just because they have good coverage
of races around the country. I only race onroad but still like
reading about the monster trucks.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:22 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
wild gopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In the land of church stickers
Posts: 2,397
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

I like xtreme also because they do most their testing at my local track, plus I just mailed in for my ROAR membership which included a free year subscription to Xtreme.
__________________
RCtech - Filling me with adult drama since 2003
wild gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:55 PM   #9
Tech Apprentice
 
stradith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 60
Default

Really?...you get a free year subscription with joining ROAR?...we don't get that here in Vancouver/Seattle.
stradith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:42 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Bounty Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 296
Default Heres a Question.....

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
i like xtreme the most just because they have good coverage
of races around the country. I only race onroad but still like
reading about the monster trucks.
Do you think that the coverage of races is adquate. Do you think that a magazine that had more of an emphasis on racing would do better in your mind? I know that all the mags out there sometimes lack depth and understanding of some of the products they try to test. That plus the articles they write, its not like they get Ralph Birch Jr to test the 950R and give the public some known feedback. I guess where a lot of are in this hobby, just does not lend to what these magazines give us sometimes. Also I get irked when they do up an article on a product that has been released for over a year! Just my 2 cents....
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 64
Default

Yeah....I think I just bought my last RC magazine a couple days ago. I know it'll be impossible to please everyone, but I really wish every magazine wasn't packed with articles on monster trucks & minis/micros. Really, who gives a sh%t about someone test driving a monster truck, or a kyosho mini-z.

Last edited by jay272; 04-01-2004 at 10:16 PM.
jay272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:45 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South FLorida
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Profoxcg
Smile

Quote:
who gives a sh%t about someone test driving a monster truck, or a kyosho mini-z.
I like MINI-Z and Micros!!

but i do agree, that I would like to have a mag to focus on onroad and touring GP
Profoxcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:06 AM   #13
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

Our industry is too small to focus on one topic. FOr example Nitro. Probably the most popular nitro has ever been but a "Strictly Nitro" magazine is getting thinner and less frequent. Magazines must cater to the entire industry because its relatively small.

I know people complaining about lack of on-road coverage must not be reading the right one.

The 950R being review at the same time is sometimes a fluke, but other times companies time there releases to make sure it's in all the magazines at the same time. It's smart marketing to saturate the market. I can't recall ever seeing a car reviewed a year after it's out in XRC, if any magazine. Although when the car release season is slow (summer) most magazine will have to compromise and review stuff that got bumped for hotter releases.

The ROAR offer is Valid in the entire US. The form to fill out is in the ROAR spread in XRC. Using that form is the ONLY way to get a free subscription with ROAR membership. Even if you have a subscription renewing or new members will get a year added to whatever they have and it can be used year after year. A pretty good deal if you ask me.

Bounty, I hope that comment wasn't directed at us, because we all race at XRC and if we need we can call up the manufacturer or Ralph to get our questions answered.

Thanks to those who gave us props. We've been making a good effort to get more technical on-rad articles in the magazine...we even have a dedicated on-road/touring car column.

If you haven't checked us out in a while you may want to.
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
DerekB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,421
Default

oh nitro pimp...I think your avatar just hypnotized me.
__________________
Velocity RC Magazine
www.vrcmag.com
DerekB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:37 AM   #15
Tech Addict
 
icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 527
Send a message via AIM to icon
Default

derek b:

does XRC do long term car tests or no?

everytime i suggest this i dont really get any reply.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net