R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I really don't get why you think our review isn't honest. Could you expand to tell me why or site a specific example of where we weren't honest? I don't mind talking about honesty or integrity since those are two traits I base my life on. It's all good to say a plane is a pile since ultimately if it flys like crap it crashes. As I've state before it really depends on the point-of-view or reference. As a racer anything that doesn't handle well is a piece of crap...but as a basher, handling doesn't matter as much, or as a first timer you don't care. I'll use my example of my Tamiya Falcon..by race standards a pile, by how much fun I had with it it was still the best car I've owned. I don't think any other car as put a "fun" smile on my face like that car.

So is it fair to say it's a pile of crap even though it was so much fun? And since we have limited space in the magazine why waste space with a car that sucks when there are other cars that are better.

As far as the ROAR deal. First I contact ROAR to make sure your payment is valid since they are handling the subscription. If they cashed your check or took your money as them if they sent the form in. If yes, then the next step is to call our subscription service to see if they received the form. Since we have to wait on ROAR to send in the forms and pay for it, it's slightly out of our control. But I'll help you if you run into walls.

stefan, I'm pretty sure we did a full hook up on the MTX3. BUt I'll look into that for you and see if it is infact time to do something with the car. We also 100% pick a winner in shootouts. What happens sometimes is that since we have multiple drivers they may pick different cars. We are in the works of doing an extensive shoot out that I'm sure everybody will enjoy. Shoot outs are great they are just very labor intesive and until recently something that was difficult to do properly. So I always make sure I can do it right or not at all.

Lastly (for now I'm sure) I don't get the Serpent review reference? What were we supposed to look at?

Lastly, I thank all you that read and even though sometimes it may not seem like it, I do pay attention to the voices of people. Thanks!
Thanks, but what about the phone number?
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:49 PM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Thanks, but what about the phone number?
I assumed you had an issue of the magazine. I don't know ROAR's number, but our subscription service number is

but if ROAR didn't do what they are supposed to then our service won't be able to help you, but I guess they can see if you have had some activity.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:25 PM   #33
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah Shane, but they got chicks and you don't.
But if I put chicks on here, seven people would cancel their accounts and fourteen more would send angry letters!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I assumed you had an issue of the magazine. I don't know ROAR's number, but our subscription service number is

but if ROAR didn't do what they are supposed to then our service won't be able to help you, but I guess they can see if you have had some activity.
Derek, you are getting confused.

I have no prob with ROAR, I want the phone number of the girl in your avatar
Old 04-02-2004, 03:10 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
But if I put chicks on here, seven people would cancel their accounts and fourteen more would send angry letters!
That's why you need to do it, it's gonna be fun!!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:11 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Derek, you are getting confused.

I have no prob with ROAR, I want the phone number of the girl in your avatar
Indeed!

I don't give out my girls numbers. I keep my pimp hand strong.
Old 04-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #37
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

And I wasn't trying to slam Xrc mag... I was speaking about magazines in general. I have bought, read, and enjoyed your magazine, I just thought we were talking about RC mags in general.

Thanks for the subscription info, I'm on the phone with them right now.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:35 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by theRED5
And I wasn't trying to slam Xrc mag... I was speaking about magazines in general. I have bought, read, and enjoyed your magazine, I just thought we were talking about RC mags in general.

Thanks for the subscription info, I'm on the phone with them right now.
No problem. Speaking in general includes me

let me know how that ROAR call goes. I may have to look into what's up with that.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:57 PM   #39
Tech Addict

DerekB- Man I got to say I loved the write up on V one RR Evo.in last month's issue, that was nice. I get this months issue of XRCcars and I must have got the wrong June issue. There's no Nitro Tourer in it! I looked through it a couple of times and still no nitro sedan. I know. You guys are saving it for July's issue, right?? Maybe a 1/10 Nitro shoot out, right? Mugen MTX-4 or MRX-4 preview???? RRR Preview??? I cancelled Nitro thinking XRCcars was the way to go. HELP

Last edited by Nitropimp; 05-10-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote