R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-02-2004, 02:14 PM   #46
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie Solara
yeah, same thing posted a month ago...same stupid answer by HPI USA.....
Ppl should set their R40 and get the SS..........Off-road is more technical and fun the on-road, ON - Road is for rookie only.
dont think so, on-road is better!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #47
rjl
Tech Fanatic

My on road car gets more air time than my off road car. Havn't tried jumping a house with it though.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:25 PM   #48
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
My on road car gets more air time than my off road car. Havn't tried jumping a house with it though.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 08:54 PM   #49
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

In my years of racing I have found that on road is more technical on your set up and driving skills than off road and I find that on road is more intense,I think the reason on the shift towards the savage class for the HPI challenge is they sell more savage's(or would like to)than Pro4's or R40's.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:16 AM   #50
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

any updates on Hara??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

You guys are ALL WRONG....SAVAGE is the BEST and OFF ROAD monster TRUCK is not for newbie like us...it is for PROFESSIONAL....

Guys, I was speaking for HPI...............and I was laughing at them because they thing Off-road monster truck is more important then their R40...............I was just pitting fool of themselve...

I will not TOUCH any off-road even though I have a B4 and T-maxx sitting in my basement collecting dust right now...
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

just some observations:

monster trucks are still very much dominating the offroad market, much like 200mm dominating onroad share of the nitro pie. there is, however, a sort of saturation in both 200mm tourers and monster trucks. its great to compete in a tough market but those are not the only cars HPI have available.

now if HPI wants to be competitive in the hottest and latest nitro monster truck fad, that is fine. but they are doing themselves an injustice if they are only showcasing monster trucks because they have a very diverse product line that appeals to different types of enthusiasts. they'd be shooting themselves in the foot by not promoting their other cars like the electric and rally efforts, super nitros, nitro and electric MT, etc.

IMO HPI Challenge should be a showcase representation of all aspects of their product line and their direction in the hobby. Just like Tamiya enthusiasts wouldnt expect to see an entire field of TNX at the Tamiya TCS, HPI supporters should not be shafted by only one class in the HPI Challenge.

I was pleased with the efforts HPI has made in their touring cars, the Pro 4 and R40. But their (stupid?) marketing efforts in HPI Challenge is killing an awesome series and the fun atmosphere that I read so much about in the magazines. Looks like i should have turned to kyosho for an FW04 instead of an HPI super nitro...
icon is offline   Reply With Quote