R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-31-2004, 10:21 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
I am especially interested in some of the driver findings from the JMRCA. Seems like they used a few Active and Kawahara hopups on their cars in the race. Funny they did not use the HPI foams either...........
I talked to Hara briefly regarding the JMRCA GP Race. He said that the track was really abrasive and the Japan foam rubber tires just worked better for that surface.

I think some of the JP guys were using the Kawahara light weight 2-speed, because it was better at the time. We have since then developed a better LW 2-speed of are own .

When it comes to big races you must use whatever it takes to win and make the chassis the best they can be. At times this might mean a non HPI part, but by doing this we can further develop the cars and options to be even better.
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 10:55 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
I talked to Hara briefly regarding the JMRCA GP Race. He said that the track was really abrasive and the Japan foam rubber tires just worked better for that surface.

I think some of the JP guys were using the Kawahara light weight 2-speed, because it was better at the time. We have since then developed a better LW 2-speed of are own .

When it comes to big races you must use whatever it takes to win and make the chassis the best they can be. At times this might mean a non HPI part, but by doing this we can further develop the cars and options to be even better.
Yep this is the sort of interesting/cool information which is useful. It is very interesting (to me at least!) to see the results of the team driver testing and even the testing of non-HPI parts. I am pretty sure most people out there use plenty of non-HPI parts on their R40, it is good to see what works!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:39 PM   #33
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
Don't need me to do that.....Its already being done....(quite well,I might add)...
took you long enough ,, by the way i want your club race schedule because im driving to jersey to race!!!!!!!and find you!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:42 PM   #34
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
took you long enough ,, by the way i want your club race schedule because im driving to jersey to race!!!!!!!and find you!!
Well, somebody's on the roll here ! Marcos, don't snatch other people's throphy away will ya... You have the Florida state to take care first !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:47 PM   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Well, somebody's on the roll here ! Marcos, don't snatch other people's throphy away will ya... You have the Florida state to take care first !
Thanks InitialD, After i guess i will be going up north!!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:47 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Ahaahahaha you guys are suckers!!!
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:11 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
Hopefully you mean for the R40 2004 edition......
What's this HPI coming out with a revised car after 1 year, and you bash Serpent for the same thing!!!!!!!!!
Diesel Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:17 AM   #38
Tech Prophet

After 1 year? Not ! I think less than a year. And the best part is that not everybody has access to that new kit !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 06:34 AM   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
After 1 year? Not ! I think less than a year. And the best part is that not everybody has access to that new kit !
very true!!
Old 04-01-2004, 09:48 AM   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Thad Garner
We will be doing something similar to the pro 4 page ( http://www.hpiracing.com/coolstuff/pro4intro.htm ) but for the R40…soon. It will have more up to date setup info and team tips.
any news on the HPI Challenge for this year?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:14 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Unhappy re: hpi Challenge

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm read the bottom of this link and you'll see what they are doing with the hpi challenge
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 11:01 AM   #42
Super Moderator

Default Re: re: hpi Challenge

Quote:
Originally posted by tcdrvr
http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm read the bottom of this link and you'll see what they are doing with the hpi challenge
is it only in europe this year?
Old 04-01-2004, 06:04 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
Ahaahahaha you guys are suckers!!!
Bwahahhaha.................
April Fools!!

FAST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #44
Tech Adept

Default Re: HPI Challenge-Sorry about previous post

This Was in HPI's forum

"Thanks for the question. We've been doing the standard HPI Challenge series for several years now and everyone's had a great time. In order to keep getting the race coverage in the magazines we need the series to evolve to keep up with the hot trends in the industry. So this year we will shift our focus a little to emphasize the Savage trucks.

We're planning two Savage Slam events that will be fun events like the one we did last year... racing, Savage Bowling, concours, long jump contests, barbeque, prizes etc. The idea is to get together for a fun truckin' event with friends and family. We're shooting for one event on the west coast and one event on the east coast, both in the Summer so that the whole family can attend.

For the HPI Challenge, we're planning one event with the format basically the same as in previous years (nitro and electric sedans), with selected winners getting a free trip to the HPI Challenge World Finals in Europe. The race will probably be in the Summer, somewhere in the middle of America.

We'll be announcing the dates and locations as soon as we know the exact details. We're still looking for clubs to host the events, so if you have the facilities, experience and want to host an event, start a thread here in the forum with your contact information and we'll get in touch with you.

The main things that we look for are:

1. A good location with maximum exposure to the public (county fairs, car events, high traffic venues).

2. An established and organized racing club (with facilities, equipment, and experience running races).

3. A location with a good amount of local racers, 200 racers is our target for each event."
tcdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

yeah, same thing posted a month ago...same stupid answer by HPI USA.....
Ppl should set their R40 and get the SS..........Off-road is more technical and fun the on-road, ON - Road is for rookie only.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote